BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.

Go down 
+4
toomanytoyz
GasTT
95brmw
cloud 9
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cloud 9

cloud 9

Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. Empty
PostSubject: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:31 pm

So I backed the Caprice out of the garage today to let her run for a bit while I cleaned up. After I pulled it back in I saw a puddle of tranny fluid about 6 inches in diameter. Was hoping it was gonna last longer, oh well. Anyway looking on Rock Auto for new lines. Is there an RPO code that I should be aware of when ordering or are they all pretty much the same? TIA...94 Caprice Classic/LT1
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:40 pm

Do you have the external trans cooler? Which line is leaking?
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:55 pm

RPO code is KD1 on my car. Both lines are leaking so I will replace both. I think I have found the ones I need on Rock. Gonna replace the engine oil cooling lines too, as they are dripping. Want to be able to take it to the strip next summer, can't do that without fixin it. Or I could just put a diaper around the engine.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Any part numbers rob? I need to do the trans lines on the wagon they're leaking pretty good...
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 pm

ACDELCO Part # 10269710 upper line/ACDELCO Part # 10269709 lower line. Check your rpo code to make sure its KD1. Don't quote me on these, but I am gonna order a set. I think they are correct. Good Luck Arrow
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:21 pm

I have the external cooler I'm sure you have the same.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:13 am

Put a t56 in it. Then you don't need the cooler lines. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:36 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Put a t56 in it. Then you don't need the cooler lines. Wink

Well, yeah, that would solve one problem Cool
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 pm

I've said it before.
I make my own.
Matts car has them, my DD has them.
Each has tranny & oil lines from the point where they anchor to the motor to the existing hardline into the radiator (or cooler)
Not a drop of leakage.
I dont know what the replacement lines cost but 4 fittings & some hose & 1 line is done (decide how much line you want too)
Sounds like its to late now but.....for those that havent jumped....keep it in mind
Posted WAY back under leaky oil lines...or leaky transmission lines....something like that
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Haven't committed yet....what fittings do you speak of. I would much rather try something like that than change them all together. Could you give me more details on what to buy. The two tranny lines are leaking right before they go under the engine where the go from metal to rubber. Thanks Steve. Arrow
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Yes, that factory crimp is where they ALL start leaking

Here's the link

https://badass-of-ne.forumotion.com/t2817-transmission-lines?highlight=lines

Just go on jegs & search the p/n's they come right up to give you a visual.

Here's the pic I took of Matts car. I have a better one somewhere but cant find it.
If you look you can see the fittings on the oil lines (basically same as tranny lines)

sdstick wrote:
.......Did the AN fittings & lines to replace the tranny & oil cooler lines. They always marked my parking place in the driveway & I wanted to try them out. Pretty nice, hope they dont leak.

Just before re-install
Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. 03311112011

And after
Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. 03311114351

You have my cell?
Call if you need more info
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:27 pm

How did you make out Rob? I think Classic Tube has a Stainless Steel trans kit.
http://www.classictube.com/shop-online 1-800-882-3711 Ask for Tim, if he doesn't answer.
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:55 pm

IIRC I created my trans lines out of brake line from AutoZone. Cut & Bend to fit and add the factory fittings.
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:35 am

So if I decide to just replace the lines am I gonna have to take the cross member out and drop the tranny down to get to the fittings or can it be done with the tranny where it is?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:51 am

It can be done without dropping the tranny.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:55 am

Still deciding weather to go Factory or Stickney Question
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:10 pm

What made up my mind ....
Ask around...
Most factory lines are leaking at the crimp.
Also, you dont have to deal with the terrible access to the hard lines.

Once you go after the lines where they connect to the tranny, you'll understand
Good luck with your decision sunny
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Yea, those connections at the trans are a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.   Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tranny line leaking badly..need help finding correct lines.
Page 1 of 1