BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» Harness wanted
Yesterday at 4:26 pm by MASShole9C1

» WANTED DR side Exhaust manifold
Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:44 pm by fatvet

» '94 Suburban
Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:47 pm by boojum

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:16 pm by toomanytoyz

» Can anyone run a vin 92 Caprice
Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:07 pm by MASShole9C1

» 9c1/SS rear disc brakes
Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:47 pm by MalibuSSwagon

» WTB OBD1 Hypertech for 94 Roadmaster and 9c1 center caps
Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:35 pm by CrashMaster

» 1996 Impala console and shifter for sale
Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:08 pm by No Moa

» Looking for a fender and hood 96 Caprice
Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:31 pm by Black93Caprice

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
February 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728     
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Good thing it wasn't on the highway

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5078
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Good thing it wasn't on the highway   Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:08 pm

My brother called me a little while ago and said his wheel fell off when he was trying to turn around in front of the house (illegal occupants across the street took all the spaces again...lol)

I'm like uh, can you repeat that? What?

"Wheel fell off"...

"What broke?"

"I dunno, car is on the ground. (swearing)"

"I have to find a tow truck"

Then I see this on Facebook...



Shocked
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4478
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Good thing it wasn't on the highway   Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Been there, done that, got the tow bill.

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6871
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Good thing it wasn't on the highway   Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Broken balljoint FTL! Sad


_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5078
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Good thing it wasn't on the highway   Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:57 pm

I don't know the specifics, but my brother says the balljoint was replaced recently...I'm not sure it was however...who knows Laughing

Car got towed to a shop, somehow they pulled it backwards onto a flatbed without wrecking it or scratching the bumper...getting fixed Monday...
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Good thing it wasn't on the highway   Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I don't know the specifics, but my brother says the balljoint was replaced recently...I'm not sure it was however...who knows Laughing

Car got towed to a shop, somehow they pulled it backwards onto a flatbed without wrecking it or scratching the bumper...getting fixed Monday...

Probably should have been replaced when that knuckle was replaced? Glad it was just in front of the house.
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp



Posts : 1566
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 31
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: Good thing it wasn't on the highway   Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:16 am

lower ball joint fell out....
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5078
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Good thing it wasn't on the highway   Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:58 am

1984twodoor wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:
I don't know the specifics, but my brother says the balljoint was replaced recently...I'm not sure it was however...who knows Laughing

Car got towed to a shop, somehow they pulled it backwards onto a flatbed without wrecking it or scratching the bumper...getting fixed Monday...

Probably should have been replaced when that knuckle was replaced? Glad it was just in front of the house.

Yeah, pretty crazy. The driver's side was the one that had the whole spindle/knuckle done...I believe, but I think he said the the pass. side had something done too...lol

He told me that getting the car onto and off the truck was a chore because of how it was sitting, and then getting it into the shop down the street was even trickier, they were using blocks of wood and stuff to move it. Apparently the car wasn't damaged either which is good, because it was just stopped when the thing just let go!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Good thing it wasn't on the highway   Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:
I don't know the specifics, but my brother says the balljoint was replaced recently...I'm not sure it was however...who knows Laughing

Car got towed to a shop, somehow they pulled it backwards onto a flatbed without wrecking it or scratching the bumper...getting fixed Monday...

Probably should have been replaced when that knuckle was replaced? Glad it was just in front of the house.

Yeah, pretty crazy. The driver's side was the one that had the whole spindle/knuckle done...I believe, but I think he said the the pass. side had something done too...lol

He told me that getting the car onto and off the truck was a chore because of how it was sitting, and then getting it into the shop down the street was even trickier, they were using blocks of wood and stuff to move it. Apparently the car wasn't damaged either which is good, because it was just stopped when the thing just let go!

it's too bad he wasn't in a Benz, they only need three wheels.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Good thing it wasn't on the highway   

Back to top Go down
 
Good thing it wasn't on the highway
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Good, successful writer websites?
» Link to Dynaco SCA-35 rebuild article - good information
» Night Goblins, I never was good at painting greenskins...
» good dark world combo
» Good things can happen when you're taking out the garbage.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Bad talk-
Jump to: