BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» For all B-bodies
Yesterday at 11:45 pm by Tomz9C1

» 95 9C1
Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:53 pm by MalibuSSwagon

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:38 am by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:25 am by silverfox103

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

» CraigsList car finder
Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:08 pm by MalibuSSwagon

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cloud 9

PostSubject: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:34 am

Finally got this finished. Just need to put the dash back together. Took me two months to gather up all of the correct led bulbs to change every dash light to blue.
I even did the odometer reset switch and the heater controls, under dash lights and the ashtray bulb too. Saw someone do it on the national forum in a Roady,
so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Must say I am pleased What a Face
Back to top Go down
GasTT

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Caprice

Lots of maintenance. Possible new exhaust. Replacement transmission. Needs tires.

Fleetwood.

I want to cut a 1/4 coil out of the front sprint springs. Also want to polish the ss wheels and maybe turn out the white walls on the tires.

Roadmaster

Installing some louder mufflers next weekend. Nothing else planned as of right now. Maybe a new set of smoked headlights. Recently mounted up steel wheels and my 50s Buick caps with 235/70r15 white walls.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Fleetwood: Put away for the winter. Get steering box rebuilt in spring

Roadmaster wagon: remove trim so I can it into paint in the next couple weeks. Then its off to its winter nap.

Nothing else on the other 2 B's at this point.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Sweet cluster!

Not much to do since the Caprice is going into hibernation on the 14th Arrow couple things on deck thou:

-One piece smoke headlights
-Fleetwood horns
-new front speakers (did the rears yesterday)
-Still gotta swap the rear before Daytona
-Timing chain and 9C1 green hoses

VW:
-Replace P/S return hose Evil or Very Mad
-Fix front valance after I ate a curb
-new 12v outlet for my Xm radio
Back to top Go down
GasTT

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:44 pm

I want to do a red cluster in my caprice.
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:57 pm

GasTT wrote:
I want to do a red cluster in my caprice.
superbrightleds.com for the 194 bulbs get the bases too.
You will need to do some soldering on the back of the cluster to get them to work.
Took me awhile but I eventually found the trick. I can walk you through it.
Then you need a taillight repair kit for the red plastic to cover your speedo.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Damn Rob, that cluster looks great!

The '74 is pretty much away until spring, but I may do a couple of things to it over the winter, haven't decided yet. I'm on the hunt for 2 more of those Firehawks to have, so I can mount them on the front, and keep the other 2 older ones as spares.

The Ess Ess::
-Just got the snapped hood cable, driver's side window rollers, and turn signal wiring problem resolved. That was a big load off my mind and allowed me to get a sticker finally. afro
-I need to fix the bulbs in the headlight switch area, at first I wasn't' even sure if there were any but I found out I was wrong. I may do red bulbs in the inst. cluster if possible. That's way down the line though.
-Needs 4-note horn mod!
-Fix courtesy light in the pass. door, pulled off the cover and there was no bulb or wiring in there, so it must be down inside the door someplace.
-The vacuum fluorescent speedo does that "fade" thing occassionally then comes back, which I believe is a common thing, I'll figure that out sometime if I get to it.
-Add an underhood reel light from a Chevy truck or possibly from certain 90s W-body cars to this car, as there is no underhood light on it currently.
-Need 2 tires for the SS wheels, will look for some General UHP's to have a matched set since the 2 on the car look essentially brand new, but they don't seem to be made in the SS size anymore... Crying or Very sad
-Possibly smoked headlamps, and HIDs.

In the spring I'll be painting and probably fluid filming the underside of this car wherever I can to preserve it, maybe get an A/C compressor for it, and finally trying to figure out my issue with the fuel pump relay circuit/fuel pressure loss. I've been driving the car for 3 days now and it's been fine, aside from when I was messing around, went on the highway at WOT with my friend and then smelled hot motor oil somewhere when we got to the 99.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Nice job on the cluster Rob!

I rebuilt extra front door panels that I have for the RMW. If you have a RM, you know how easily they break Can't buy new ones, so you gotta repair.

The Fleetwood is in the garage, all jacked up. I am refreshing the underneath, cleaning painting and undercoating. In a few minutes I will be putting the gas tank back up, as I dropped it to redo the straps. About 5 or 6 years ago, Santa bought me a creeper. I never used it once, I am now.

Oh, and probably the biggest thing I did was put a heater in the garage. Makes it nice!

Picked up a nice set of factory Caddy chrome rims, which are had to find. Thanks to Matt T, for finding the Caddy at Jack's JY, and to Dave for pointing that out to me.

Tentatively planning on going to FL for a WagonFest, with Cadet, 95BRMW and Lynol at the end of March.

Tom

Back to top Go down
cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Damn Rob, that cluster looks great!

The '74 is pretty much away until spring, but I may do a couple of things to it over the winter, haven't decided yet. I'm on the hunt for 2 more of those Firehawks to have, so I can mount them on the front, and keep the other 2 older ones as spares.

The Ess Ess::
-Just got the snapped hood cable, driver's side window rollers, and turn signal wiring problem resolved. That was a big load off my mind and allowed me to get a sticker finally. afro
-I need to fix the bulbs in the headlight switch area, at first I wasn't' even sure if there were any but I found out I was wrong. I may do red bulbs in the inst. cluster if possible. That's way down the line though.
-Needs 4-note horn mod!
-Fix courtesy light in the pass. door, pulled off the cover and there was no bulb or wiring in there, so it must be down inside the door someplace.
-The vacuum fluorescent speedo does that "fade" thing occassionally then comes back, which I believe is a common thing, I'll figure that out sometime if I get to it.
-Add an underhood reel light from a Chevy truck or possibly from certain 90s W-body cars to this car, as there is no underhood light on it currently.
-Need 2 tires for the SS wheels, will look for some General UHP's to have a matched set since the 2 on the car look essentially brand new, but they don't seem to be made in the SS size anymore... Crying or Very sad
-Possibly smoked headlamps, and HIDs.

In the spring I'll be painting and probably fluid filming the underside of this car wherever I can to preserve it, maybe get an A/C compressor for it, and finally trying to figure out my issue with the fuel pump relay circuit/fuel pressure loss. I've been driving the car for 3 days now and it's been fine, aside from when I was messing around, went on the highway at WOT with my friend and then smelled hot motor oil somewhere when we got to the 99.... Laughing
Damn....I forgot about the one behind the headlight switch Surprised well....back to the drawing board. Oh shit, my pillar mounted tach too. Damn it.
I may as well order the courtesy lights in blue also, while I'm at it.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Rob, that looks great! Smile I thought about orange, like the old Pontiacs...

Marshmallow is in a snow cocoon until spring. Then she's getting front end rebuilt and SS steering box. Figure out something for the seats, and she's done.

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
boojum

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Fluid Film, it's the new SEM!

and Moog.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:54 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Nice job on the cluster Rob!

I rebuilt extra front door panels that I have for the RMW. If you have a RM, you know how easily they break Can't buy new ones, so you gotta repair.

The Fleetwood is in the garage, all jacked up. I am refreshing the underneath, cleaning painting and undercoating. In a few minutes I will be putting the gas tank back up, as I dropped it to redo the straps. About 5 or 6 years ago, Santa bought me a creeper. I never used it once, I am now.

Oh, and probably the biggest thing I did was put a heater in the garage. Makes it nice!

Picked up a nice set of factory Caddy chrome rims, which are had to find. Thanks to Matt T, for finding the Caddy at Jack's JY, and to Dave for pointing that out to me.

Tentatively planning on going to FL for a WagonFest, with Cadet, 95BRMW and Lynol at the end of March.

Tom

I'm glad you bought those wheels Tom...they were too nice to be rotting at Jack's for sure...lol.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Tim you can also use par can gel's. I think I even have a bunch left over. Remember I did the digital gauge color swap 2 years ago?

Ironfistdog wrote:

and I finally did the digital cluster mod, and changed the green readout to a red one.

hopefully tomorrow i'll finish up the exhaust and be able to finally go get a sticker on it!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Caprice...

Lots...

Twisted Evil

Mostly I'm patching up the daily driver when it needs it. Like today on my way to my grandmothers house I heard a hissing and had the first 96 cougar with manual brakes...Vacuum leak FTW!

JB Welded it and popped it in the toaster oven once it set up as we had dinner and I was good to go! Fix worked, I'll never touch it again. I promise! Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:28 pm

That rocks!

(see what I did there?)

booo! jocolor

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:40 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
That rocks!

(see what I did there?)

booo! jocolor

Yeah...I did... Rolling Eyes

J/K that was good Laughing A wise man once told me that JB Weld was some of the best stuff on earth, he was right! Wink

Pro tip... 20 minutes at 250* is just the same as room temp. overnight! Arrow Thank you very much google!

Back to top Go down
GasTT

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:45 pm

I used jb weld in the past to fix a coolant leak on a gm 3100 motor. Worked very well.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 pm

GasTT wrote:
I used jb weld in the past to fix a coolant leak on a gm 3100 motor. Worked very well.

It's probably how I'll fix the plastic intake on my sisters Crown Vic. I have no interest in taking the whole damn thing apart!
Back to top Go down
fatvet

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Well, my plans are all well........unplanned Suspect

trunk only opens with the key now, need to fix
DR side window is about to fall off the rollers, need to fix

and the CEL likes togo on for 2 days and then go off by itself, need to investigate.

this is all in last month.

before that i was buying 2.5 " exhaust.... only need OTA pipes and ready to install.....

-ALF out...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2386222
V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:19 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
That rocks!

(see what I did there?)

booo! jocolor

That's really was truly dreadful

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Don't use the toaster for food now. Lol, in weld poisoning
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:35 pm

V8Killer wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
That rocks!

(see what I did there?)

booo! jocolor

That's really was truly dreadful

But the real bucket of fail there is that you searched the interwebs for images of Simon Cowell. Wink

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:13 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
GasTT wrote:

It's probably how I'll fix the plastic intake on my sisters Crown Vic. I have no interest in taking the whole damn thing apart!

As long as it's not the coolant coming out it may fix it... Fix or Repair Daily 4.6 Plastic intake = FAIL! My 95 TC was the last year for the all aluminum intake. Yeah you don't have to clear the EGR passages every 50k miles but you get a guyser of coolant when it decides to crack at WOT.

JB weld has been attempted. But most crack even worse after repair is done under full throttle acceleration... Just bite the bullet and replace it with a new one or a JY one from a P71.

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1856525

Oh yeah.. This was supposed to be about Mod's....

So far if I get time.

Mechanical fan delete for the Yacht.
Have this http://innovativewiring.com/?page_id=266
Also have NOS upper support.
Have two sets of yard picked electric fans.
Oh and perhaps install the set of Fleetwood horns I have kicking around.
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:24 pm

YachtDriver wrote:
Just bite the bullet and replace it with a new one or a JY one from a P71.

Did P71s keep the aluminum intake? This might influence my next purchase...
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:00 pm

I have to do a couple of the window rollers.. NEW 200R4 trans and a new driveshaft. Cool
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:49 pm

mp775 wrote:
YachtDriver wrote:
Just bite the bullet and replace it with a new one or a JY one from a P71.

Did P71s keep the aluminum intake? This might influence my next purchase...

Nope. All were changed to the Plastic.

Just more likely to get a newer one from a P71 or Taxi. Seems those drivers like the WOT that causes the original ones to fail.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:11 pm

So apparently it's going to be 57 on Saturday. DO ALL THE WINTER PROJECTS! cheers
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Ehhh, give it a few english muffins and it'll be fine!

YachtDriver wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
GasTT wrote:

As long as it's not the coolant coming out it may fix it... Fix or Repair Daily 4.6 Plastic intake = FAIL! My 95 TC was the last year for the all aluminum intake. Yeah you don't have to clear the EGR passages every 50k miles but you get a guyser of coolant when it decides to crack at WOT.

JB weld has been attempted. But most crack even worse after repair is done under full throttle acceleration... Just bite the bullet and replace it with a new one or a JY one from a P71.

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1856525

Oh yeah.. This was supposed to be about Mod's....

So far if I get time.

Mechanical fan delete for the Yacht.
Have this http://innovativewiring.com/?page_id=266
Also have NOS upper support.
Have two sets of yard picked electric fans.
Oh and perhaps install the set of Fleetwood horns I have kicking around.

Her problem is from the alt. mounting on top of the intake and 200K miles, being an 01 it's not supposed to crack Rolling Eyes at least not at the T-stat housing like mine. Laughing

Cadet57 wrote:
So apparently it's going to be 57 on Saturday. DO ALL THE WINTER PROJECTS! cheers

BOOO I'd rather have snow!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

I think I'm doing a quick hack job this weekend wire brushing and painting some of the SS's undercarriage... Smile
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

I think I'm doing a quick hack job this weekend wire brushing and painting some of the SS's undercarriage... Smile

I have the same on deck for the wagons rear wheel wells. Arrow
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:27 pm

If it gets warm enough in the barn, I'll be doing the needed paint touch ups to my frame.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Working on a overhead console for the 94 9C1, lost the camera so no pics for now Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.   Today at 5:07 am

Back to top Go down

So whats everybody doing for mods this winter? Post your progress.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1