BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 59 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:20 am
Latest topics
» Blue Cloth Seats.........at last! Thanks Brian
Today at 10:10 am by GasTT

» CraigsList car finder
Today at 9:03 am by sdstick

» T 84's on eBay
Today at 9:01 am by sdstick

» 94 Fleetwood 64k miles I bought in FL
Today at 8:56 am by sdstick

» Happy Thanksgiving!
Today at 8:53 am by sdstick

» 6 Speed...estimated cost. ?
Yesterday at 6:45 pm by mp775

» It's been 18 months since my last ...
Yesterday at 10:42 am by boojum

» F/S 96 Impala SS ********SOLD*********
Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:29 pm by sdstick

» Looking................
Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:02 pm by mikiehews

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
November 2014
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
CalendarCalendar
Share | 
 

 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
silverfox103



Posts: 1319
Join date: 2009-01-25
Age: 19
Location: Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:49 pm

Here you go Matt: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/3368211160.html



Tom


Last edited by silverfox103 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts: 3981
Join date: 2010-03-30
Age: 21
Location: Wilmington/North Reading

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:02 pm

LOL! That thing is awesome! Where is the Matt who needs to see this!? The TPI and manual trans are great in it in addition to the little TV pointed directly towards the driver!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts: 6670
Join date: 2009-01-20
Age: 38
Location: East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:06 pm

That's actually pretty awesome! Not entirely an accurate description, but cool nonetheless. Wink

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut

A Toasted Marshmallow, A BADASS truck, a unicorn and giant pit to throw money into...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker



Posts: 4933
Join date: 2009-07-30
Age: 33
Location: Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Hahaha, I don't know how I feel about that! It's cool though, looks like the owner has a few other 71-76 cars as well.


That is a '76 Caprice, but for some reason the rectangle headlight header panel is still present with round headlights mounted inside of it....wonder why they did that. Such an odd setup all around. I wonder what these looked like on 60s Impalas...
Back to top Go down
boojum



Posts: 2056
Join date: 2009-01-21
Age: 27
Location: NH

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:53 am

Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1



Posts: 1413
Join date: 2009-01-21
Age: 51
Location: Rumford, Maine

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:04 am

I really like that year Sedan! There was one in Maine on Uncle Henrys a few years back.
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin


Posts: 1354
Join date: 2009-01-17
Age: 46

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:15 am

I would go camping in that. If I camped. Needs an LSx.

Love the L98 update. Thing is just sweet.

_________________
Guns, cars, and America.
2014 Silverado RCSB LV3 285hp/305 ft lbs of torque
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 / 5 speed, Dana 44, 3.73s, 30" tires 2" lift,

1993 Harley Davidson 1200 Sporster Custom For Sale
1996 Impala SS-Born on: 11/21/96 #39,669 of 41934 Sold, but not forgotten
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Back to top Go down
Pooge



Posts: 1633
Join date: 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
I would go camping in that. If I camped. Needs an LSx.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

_________________
1996 Impala SS - 45K original miles - 5.3 LS swap - Brand new Bilsteins...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog



Posts: 2053
Join date: 2011-01-11
Age: 33
Location: Warren, MA

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Hahaha, I don't know how I feel about that! It's cool though, looks like the owner has a few other 71-76 cars as well.


That is a '76 Caprice, but for some reason the rectangle headlight header panel is still present with round headlights mounted inside of it....wonder why they did that. Such an odd setup all around. I wonder what these looked like on 60s Impalas...

75 caprice, and 76 impalas both had round head lights with square buckets...
76 caprice has square headlights, and square buckets
74 impalas and caprices and 1975 impalas (not caprice) had the 74 style bumper
75 caprice, and 1976 impala and caprices had the 76 style bumper

It's a 75 caprice...... Basketball

Back to top Go down
mp775



Posts: 745
Join date: 2011-08-24
Age: 35
Location: Pawtucket, RI / Woburn, MA

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:47 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
LOL! That thing is awesome! Where is the Matt who needs to see this!? The TPI and manual trans are great in it in addition to the little TV pointed directly towards the driver!

The TV is for the backup camera.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts: 3981
Join date: 2010-03-30
Age: 21
Location: Wilmington/North Reading

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:08 pm

mp775 wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
LOL! That thing is awesome! Where is the Matt who needs to see this!? The TPI and manual trans are great in it in addition to the little TV pointed directly towards the driver!

The TV is for the backup camera.

study <-- something I didn't do to the full ad. I just look at the pictures!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts: 4933
Join date: 2009-07-30
Age: 33
Location: Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Ironfistdog wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:
Hahaha, I don't know how I feel about that! It's cool though, looks like the owner has a few other 71-76 cars as well.


That is a '76 Caprice, but for some reason the rectangle headlight header panel is still present with round headlights mounted inside of it....wonder why they did that. Such an odd setup all around. I wonder what these looked like on 60s Impalas...

75 caprice, and 76 impalas both had round head lights with square buckets...
76 caprice has square headlights, and square buckets
74 impalas and caprices and 1975 impalas (not caprice) had the 74 style bumper
75 caprice, and 1976 impala and caprices had the 76 style bumper

It's a 75 caprice...... Basketball


If it's a 75 Caprice, it has a 76 header panel added. The header panels between the square headlight cars and the round headlight cars are completely different in addition to the buckets and trim. That's why this car looks like it's "angry", the round headlights are taller than the square headlights, so the tops are tucked up in the header panel.

In fact, that car has 1972 Chevrolet passenger car headlight trim around the headlights as well...
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog



Posts: 2053
Join date: 2011-01-11
Age: 33
Location: Warren, MA

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:41 pm

75 and 76 have the exact same nose as far as I know....
Only differences were the grille & emblem, and the lights.

You sure they are different panels?
I just emailed the guy asking what was up with the nose. Lol let's see what he says back!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts: 4933
Join date: 2009-07-30
Age: 33
Location: Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:10 am

Ironfistdog wrote:
75 and 76 have the exact same nose as far as I know....
Only differences were the grille & emblem, and the lights.

You sure they are different panels?
I just emailed the guy asking what was up with the nose. Lol let's see what he says back!

Nooooooooooo, the header is different parts. The header panel headlight openings on the 75 Caprice are a little taller and wider, the 76 Impala uses that nose too. The 76 Caprice nose is unique, the only other unique 71-76 nose is the 74 Impala, lol.

The hood and fenders are the same for 75 Caprice-76 all Chevy passenger cars though!

75 Caprice:





76 Caprice:







However, it's a very common swap, and looks awesome:

Back to top Go down
mp775



Posts: 745
Join date: 2011-08-24
Age: 35
Location: Pawtucket, RI / Woburn, MA

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:55 am

1984twodoor wrote:
mp775 wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
LOL! That thing is awesome! Where is the Matt who needs to see this!? The TPI and manual trans are great in it in addition to the little TV pointed directly towards the driver!

The TV is for the backup camera.

study <-- something I didn't do to the full ad. I just look at the pictures!

Obviously; if you did, you would know it wasn't in the ad Razz
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts: 3981
Join date: 2010-03-30
Age: 21
Location: Wilmington/North Reading

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:25 pm

mp775 wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
mp775 wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
LOL! That thing is awesome! Where is the Matt who needs to see this!? The TPI and manual trans are great in it in addition to the little TV pointed directly towards the driver!

The TV is for the backup camera.

study <-- something I didn't do to the full ad. I just look at the pictures!

Obviously; if you did, you would know it wasn't in the ad Razz

It says backup camera, so I could have used my imagination to figure out why the TV is there Laughing but I didn't read in the first place geek
Back to top Go down
mp775



Posts: 745
Join date: 2011-08-24
Age: 35
Location: Pawtucket, RI / Woburn, MA

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:31 pm

So it does. I guess I didn't read enough of the ad Embarassed
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts: 3981
Join date: 2010-03-30
Age: 21
Location: Wilmington/North Reading

PostSubject: Re: 1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper   Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:34 pm

mp775 wrote:
So it does. I guess I didn't read enough of the ad Embarassed

Instead of a christmas party we need to have a hooked on phonics day...
Back to top Go down
 

1976 Chevy Caprice Classic camper

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Classic Top 1000
» ST-70 kit: 1000 hours+ later, now better than ever!
» My Classic Space Collection
» classic industries 20% off sale
» upload classic Doctor Who online!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England ::  :: -