BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 132 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 pm
Latest topics
» Pictures from the 2017 Roundup
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:00 pm by Big Wagon Guy

» Brake line size help
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 pm by 1984twodoor

» Surprise Surprise!
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:17 pm by Big Wagon Guy

» 1980 Coupe De Ville
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 pm by IMPALADAKID

» 2017 10th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 am by Big Wagon Guy

» Frame
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:26 pm by MASShole9C1

» Random parts for sale
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 pm by sdstick

» Tires needed
Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:29 pm by silverfox103

» Heater/AC Panel for 1987 - 1990 Caprice Classic Brougham
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:10 pm by MASShole9C1

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 My niece needs her 1st car

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sdstick

avatar

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:14 am

My sister wants Toyota Camry or Honda XXX

Corolla didnt have the headroom (niece is tall)

Total budget $2500 + $ if necessary for the right deal

No....I dont WANT to be involved....but.....you all know how THAT goes.

Thanks

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
No Moa

avatar

Posts : 3889
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 45
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:51 pm

1A2 wagon? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
sdstick

avatar

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Razz

No wagons...no SUV's...

niece = female.. affraid who said that?

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Pooge

avatar

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Good lord, how tall is she? I fit in a Corolla, though not comfortably, but I'm 6'4"

I'll put out some feelers, most of the good ones I know of that are available are considerably newer than her budget will allow.... Used values are WAY high around here, especially Honda & Toyota.

Doug

_________________
1996 Impala SS - 45K original miles - 5.3 LS swap - Brand new Bilsteins...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 30
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Pooge wrote:
Used values are WAY high around here, especially Honda & Toyota.

Doug

Just be glad he didn't say Subaru. I can't believe what those sell for up there. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pooge

avatar

Posts : 1700
Join date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Located in my home town, my brother had one of these that was a rock, lasted till he found a snowplow blade with it.
http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3417670721.html

If she is interested have her contact them and find out specifics and if she needs a set of eyes give her my number

Cadet57 wrote:
Pooge wrote:
Used values are WAY high around here, especially Honda & Toyota.

Doug

Just be glad he didn't say Subaru. I can't believe what those sell for up there. Shocked

I have 2 of them, trust me I know! Smile

_________________
1996 Impala SS - 45K original miles - 5.3 LS swap - Brand new Bilsteins...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

avatar

Posts : 4066
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 24
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Pooge wrote:
Located in my home town, my brother had one of these that was a rock, lasted till he found a snowplow blade with it.
http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3417670721.html

If she is interested have her contact them and find out specifics and if she needs a set of eyes give her my number

Cadet57 wrote:
Pooge wrote:
Used values are WAY high around here, especially Honda & Toyota.

Doug

Just be glad he didn't say Subaru. I can't believe what those sell for up there. Shocked

I have 2 of them, trust me I know! Smile

With that many miles the timing belt has to have been replaced at least once. That'd be something to look for a receipt on when looking at those Toyotas.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

avatar

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Pooge wrote:
Good lord, how tall is she? I fit in a Corolla, though not comfortably, but I'm 6'4"

I want to say she's 5'10"...I only know she said the corolla felt like it was confining....I never sat in one so I took it at face value.

Pooge wrote:
I'll put out some feelers, most of the good ones I know of that are available are considerably newer than her budget will allow.... Used values are WAY high around here, especially Honda & Toyota.

Doug

Understood but thanks.....she's actively looking

Pooge wrote:
Located in my home town,.....
http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3417670721.html
If she is interested have her contact them and find out specifics and if she needs a set of eyes give her my number

Doug

I saw that one...wondered if it had a head gasket problem & $1600 price.....what else might be pending

I'd LOVE you to look at that if you have time. If it runs like it looks $1600 is a good price

1984twodoor wrote:


With that many miles the timing belt has to have been replaced at least once. That'd be something to look for a receipt on when looking at those Toyotas.

I'd hope if they did the head gasket they did the timing belt...right? scratch
Back to top Go down
boojum



Posts : 2167
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 30
Location : NH

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:53 pm

What color car does she want?
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2009-01-17
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:35 pm

boojum wrote:
What color car does she want?
Here we go. Razz

_________________
1980 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. 6.0 87k
2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT 4.3 Aluminum V6 (My daily)
2008 Saab 9.3 convertible (Wife's Daily)
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 30
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:38 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
boojum wrote:
What color car does she want?
Here we go. Razz

He'll even include a free console with purchase! Razz
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

avatar

Posts : 4066
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 24
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:24 pm

sdstick wrote:


1984twodoor wrote:


With that many miles the timing belt has to have been replaced at least once. That'd be something to look for a receipt on when looking at those Toyotas.

I'd hope if they did the head gasket they did the timing belt...right? scratch

Embarassed I would hope so. I didn't read that part. But now that you've mentioned it, why does a car need a head gasket/new head along with the T-stat? It sounds like that car was overheated or something to me. I'd ask the guy about the water pump and timing belt if they were done and receipts to prove it. If all of that checks out then it'd be a good car for her. As long as she is willing to drive manual unlike numerous others Surprised
Back to top Go down
sdstick

avatar

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 pm

CRAP!!!!

No manuals....between the 2 of us we may have finally read the whole ad... Rolling Eyes

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

avatar

Posts : 4066
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 24
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:56 pm

sdstick wrote:
CRAP!!!!

No manuals....between the 2 of us we may have finally read the whole ad... Rolling Eyes

LOL Look at it this way Steve, now you don't have to ask questions about the possible overheated issue! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My niece needs her 1st car   

Back to top Go down
 
My niece needs her 1st car
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Happy Birthday to George's niece Allison!
» George Clooney Explains Why He Won't Date Sandra Bullock
» Family News
» George's family
» Happy Birthday Allison, George's Niece

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: NE marketplace :: Cars for sale or wanted-
Jump to: