BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol

Go down 
+18
Bull
mikiehews
95brmw
MASShole9C1
Cadet57
8bud
silverfox103
V8Killer
IMPALADAKID
No Moa
Ironfistdog
GasTT
sdstick
toomanytoyz
1984twodoor
Pooge
bfurches
Matt Trakker
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Yep, same with this one. It's not bad otherwise, like the ones that are black all the way around from hands running around it.

Last night someone asked me if this was my car at the laundromat, and when I said yes, they were like "shouldn't you put that away in the rain?" Laughing

^LOL True sign these are becoming classics.... when's the box caprice's turn? scratch
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Still driving with no breakdowns...knock on wood. Smile

Still have to get a inspection sticker for the thing, keep not being able to work with the car or get anything done after work. I did mess with that ground wire, I took it out, cleaned the hole in the core support for it and around it, cleaned the screw, and the eyelet on the wire, then put vaseline on everything and put it back together, still nothing. Must be a wiring issue or that socket, I didn't see anything cracked on it though. What I don't get is generally when you have a bulb out or open circuit with these, doesn't the turn signal just not flash at all, and that's what lets you know something is wrong? I don't understand how the rear taillight for that side flashes, and also, flashes at the exact same speed as the passenger side of the car. Must mean something is grounding out the circuit, therefore completing it (?), instead of an "open" bulb that's not completed?

I also noticed that this cars blinkers flash slightly quicker than the '93...but maybe that's just the flasher canister under the dash. It's really quiet too, might have to find one of those "loud" ones.

I got my insurance policy paperwork from Vermont Mutual today in the mail. After swapping the Impala in place of the white Caprice, guess how much my premium went up?

One entire dollar. Laughing

I put the small truck center caps on the white Caprice today. I'm just going to give them to my dad. I loved how those look, but I figure I'd rather just get a whole setup of that stuff from eBay again if I ever get a set of black steel wheels for this car.

Been meaning to ask- I remember hearing that the aux battery post had a recall and was replaced with a different kind? Was the replacement the copper one? I still have to see what this car has. It's never NOT cranked for me or even cranked slow or anything...
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:11 am

Its brass. study

As for the turn signal being quiet id prefer it. My 2008 Silverado (company truck) has silent signals and I like it.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:39 pm

So today I went to the junkyard and took the whole headlight wiring harness out of a 95 wagon. I was expecting this to be like what I had to do to the '93, but it wasn't. The stupid harness had a plug down under the bumper on the driver's side, some box behind the grille plugged into it, I think a plug for the electric fans or something around there, the horn was part of it (I don't think it was on my '93), and it even had wiring going up under the overflow tank and connecting all the way back up on top of the pass. wheelhouse. WTF? Pain in the ass to get it out, screwed up my hand and everything! Laughing

So $35 later (I got an 03-06 GM truck center console cubbyhole thing where the lighter and power outlet are as well), I go back to my house, and for the hell of it I plugged the two plugs on the SS into this harness, and attached the ground wire eyelets. SAME THING. Laughing

I did notice that the ground on the driver's side of the car is stripped. Basically, the hole in the core support is too big, or the bolt that holds the ground wires to it is too small. It goes in and will hold the wires there, but it never actually tightens, just keep spinning. I figure that the ground connection would be made without the bolt being super tightened, but I dunno. If I disconnect that ground completely, like TAKE OUT the bolt, nothing changes.

Oh yeah, I lost my damned 10 dollah Wahl-Maht sunglasses that I hate also. I think I left them on top of a Lincoln Town Cah that I stopped by to sample some disinfecting wetnap things I found in the glove compartment. So if you see those, feel free to grab them. Laughing

I managed to grab one of the little plastic trim pieces that go over the seatbelt loops on the B-pillar, where the bolt holds the end of the seatbelt on. The SS had a broken one, so I found a couple and fixed that. I think that now makes everything appear complete in there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:41 pm

GasTT wrote:
Its brass. study

As for the turn signal being quiet id prefer it. My 2008 Silverado (company truck) has silent signals and I like it.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to see what it is in this car, I can't get the plastic thing off that covers it. LOL

I just like the loud blinkers better for some reason. Esp. when the stalk won't cancel itself. Wink
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 pm

ummm....my flashers dont have covers...
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Matt, IIRC from Glen's old for sale thread that was a pretty basic Impala, it may have been an option but that car probably didn't get it! Time to add it in Arrow
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:11 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
......a pretty basic Impala.........

No such thing

There's a pretty basic Caprice...a not so basic Caprice....& an Impala Arrow
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:25 pm

There was 2 kinds of impala offered.
the loaded one everyone has, and one like Matt's. no power antenna, no power pass seat, no corner lenses, and no twilight headlights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Never heard such a thing.....

I'm not buyin it

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:30 pm

No Moa wrote:
There was 2 kinds of impala offered.
the loaded one everyone has, and one like Matt's. no power antenna, no power pass seat, no corner lenses, and no twilight headlights.

That explains that one! Case closed? study

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:36 pm

sdstick wrote:

I'm not buyin it

No Moa wrote:
Gauging interest in my bastardized SS 130k 1995 DGGM.

This was the cheaper version, manual antenna, manual pass seat, power drivers seat.

Was wrecked, been repaired using caprice parts, new drivers fender, new GM inner fender ($300) new bumper cover. used rad support, hood, headlights, new windshield, airbags, dash, frame was out just a tad, had it straightened. The nose needs to be aligned its over about 1/2 to the drivers side.

Rearend is toast, and missing, got another from doug not in it yet. rear tires are bald.

Typical rust underneith, masshole car. Used winters, was well maintained, runs great.

the good, car has most hotchkis suspension. Lowering springs, tierod adjusters, stock length rear arms, HUGE front and rear swaybars, engine brace, Cold air intake (generic pipe i got from M Ross) Front tires are new.

Needs work, love the car, no time to finish it.

$3000.00 firm, bunch of parts go with it.

Picture taken before the hotchkis kit.

Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 Feb_1210

Just because the black ones are fancy doesn't mean ALL of them are fancy! Razz
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Optional...WTF...never knew

Power Heated Mirrors
Keyless Entry System
Power Antenna
Rear Window Defroster
Power Front Passenger Seat
Automatic On/Off Headlights
Auto-Dim Rear View Mirror
AM/FM/CD Audio System
Premium Audio System

Strip-pie must have save what? $500

sdstick wrote:
I'm not buyin it I DID'NT buy it..

fixt

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:46 pm

sdstick wrote:
Optional...WTF...never knew

Power Heated Mirrors
Keyless Entry System
Power Antenna
Rear Window Defroster
Power Front Passenger Seat
Automatic On/Off Headlights
Auto-Dim Rear View Mirror
AM/FM/CD Audio System
Premium Audio System

Strip-py must have save what? $500

Haha, who knows. Probably not enough to really justify it. I wonder what options are on/not on your imps.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 11:28 pm

My orig 95 didnt get the CD ....everything else
My DD has an aftermarket stereo...everything else

96 has the CD...everything else

Thats why I never knew
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 11:45 pm

sdstick wrote:
My orig 95 didnt get the CD ....everything else
My DD has an aftermarket stereo...everything else

96 has the CD...everything else

Thats why I never knew

Makes sense why you never knew then. I always thought Impala's were like caddys compared to Caprices for 94-96 until Glen was selling Mat''s car.

My 87 is basement level. 2.56 rear, no rear sway bar, no Extended Range Stereo, non landau, no trunk popper, fixed position seats, none of that super awesome grandma stuff you'd expect in a boxy caprice! Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:33 am

LOL, I was referring to the aux battery post cover Steve...

I just figured all the Impalas were technically a loaded Caprice with a few unique items. I wonder if you could get a tow package Impala???

According to Compnine, this Impala did come from the factory with the T87 cornering lamps, that's why I wanted to put them back...but who knows if it ever had them?

It has the dome light that stays on for a bit after you lock up the car, but no twilight sentinel headlights.

I prefer the fixed mast antenna for sure, I just don't like power antennas, I've never been around one that didn't get messed up at some point except for one on a 1982 Lincoln Mark VI, which had a separate switch on the dash to raise and lower it independent of the radio buttons, lol.
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:13 am

Matt Trakker wrote:

I just figured all the Impalas were technically a loaded Caprice with a few unique items. I wonder if you could get a tow package Impala???

According to Compnine, this Impala did come from the factory with the T87 cornering lamps, that's why I wanted to put them back...but who knows if it ever had them?

It has the dome light that stays on for a bit after you lock up the car, but no twilight sentinel headlights.

I prefer the fixed mast antenna for sure, I just don't like power antennas, I've never been around one that didn't get messed up at some point except for one on a 1982 Lincoln Mark VI, which had a separate switch on the dash to raise and lower it independent of the radio buttons, lol.
First off, the Impalas were never offered with a tow package, but in reallity the only thing missing is the mech fan. My 94 towed a 4800lb trailer from mass to NC, and back again with no issues.

All impalas came with cornering lamps

I cant remember if twilight sentinel was standard on Impalas or standard with the 1SB option package. I don't think it was offered as a stand alone option. Only in a package. I am sure if your impala has 1SB package power antenna, power passenger seat, auto dimming rear view mirror, it should have twilight sentinel. The switch may have been replaced at some point due to failure. Cant remember the RPO code for it.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:38 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

First off, the Impalas were never offered with a tow package, but in reallity the only thing missing is the mech fan. My 94 towed a 4800lb trailer from mass to NC, and back again with no issues.

All impalas came with cornering lamps

I cant remember if twilight sentinel was standard on Impalas or standard with the 1SB option package. I don't think it was offered as a stand alone option. Only in a package. I am sure if your impala has 1SB package power antenna, power passenger seat, auto dimming rear view mirror, it should have twilight sentinel. The switch may have been replaced at some point due to failure. Cant remember the RPO code for it.

That clears up what to look for when deciding if an Impala is "loaded" or basic like this DGGM. So now we are just back at the mystery of the cornering lamps.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Stop calling my car a base model!!!!!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Would you prefer "strippy"? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:

Your car is the red-haired step child of Impalas..... affraid

Razz
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Your cah is f'in awesome!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

How about just saying Stripper pig geek But you need to listen to funky guitar riffs the whole time you drive.

No Moa wrote:

Yes it is, mostly for the color! I still have to see this damn thing!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:06 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

This car will not be pahked outside of Mac's II in Billerickah!

sdstick wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

Your car is the red-haired step child of Impalas..... affraid

Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdSYhwLENvM

No Moa wrote:

You'd say so Mr. pink nail polish! Haha.

I like the car too a lot actually. Smile

1984twodoor wrote:

No Moa wrote:

So come by and get yah damned Caprice pahts!

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

This car will not be pahked outside of Mac's II in Billerickah!

That place was PACKED at friggin 11:00 this morning!

Matt Trakker wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:

No Moa wrote:

So come by and get yah damned Caprice pahts!

Shit, I have another person holding parts for me!? God I need to start remembering things...
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 6:30 pm

To many secrets.....are tough to remember.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 7:07 pm

sdstick wrote:

Laughing

Well for me, we all know why you forget things Razz
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 7:50 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
sdstick wrote:

Laughing

When you say "we" who do you mean?...wanna take anyone down with you?
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:02 pm

sdstick wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
sdstick wrote:

Laughing

When you say "we" who do you mean?...wanna take anyone down with you?

We? oh er... I meant they! affraid Yeah, them! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Not much of an update, but what the hell.

Still haven't been using the car (probably a good thing with the weather), I'm waiting to get the turn signals fixed and the holidays have F'd everything up schedule-wise. I did start taking the driver's side door apart to fix the window rollers, hopefully that's easy, I got the Dorman rollers for the fix. All I still need to do is pull the panel off, it's all apart already. I'm getting one of those upholstery removal tools tomorrow because of how fragile everyone says these panels are.

I did one of the "eBay" faxes...shows the car has a clean history other than the accident it was in, which in my opinion doesn't make the history "not clean" per se. I'm still waiting on the new title, but something tells me the registry is completely retarded: They just sent me a plate renewal for the one that has been transferred to the SS, and all of the info on it still pertains to the white '93, which makes no sense because I actually have TWO copies of the valid registration for the SS! Surprised

As far as the car's history goes with options, the window sticker shows the rear window defroster as being an option that added to the price, along with something else, I forget what it was. I also was happy to learn that both heated mirrors, I mean, MIRRAHS, work. Was that standard on all the power mirrors I assume?

I also noticed the pass. seat still has that paper "build sheet but not a build sheet" stuck in the springs underneath! Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Got a lot out of the way with this car-

I dropped it off at a shop in the morning on Thursday to have the turn signal issue resolved and then went to work...when I went to pick it up it was fixed! Turned out to be a broken wire somewhere in the harness down where it goes into the firewall. Guy I know there remarked on how the schematic I gave him helped out, I told him that's how it is owning a vehicle with online forum support, lol.

While it was there he fixed the loose ground behind the headlight with a new bolt and a nut instead of the hole alone holding the screw in, installed the hood cable Bill included with the car (the one on it was snapped and you had to open the hood with pliers on the cable hanging behind the bumper), and finished the driver's window rollers since I already had the door mostly apart aside from pulling the panel itself off. I did not want to mess with that in the driveway in sub 30 degree temps with all the fragile plastic involved (this panel has the typical small cracks, which I'll fix in the spring with KwikPlastic or something).

After that, I went to get a sticker. I was going to take it up to Chris' shop but I didn't have the time and I was real worried about driving through Reading with obviously no sticker on the windshield and a NH one on it. My dad has been pulled over twice (and let go with no ticket) since October in Reading, it's like the Gestapo here.
I was worried about the custom exhaust and the smog pump delete getting me the 3rd degree, but it was fine and passed. The guy says to me in a Persian accent "So you going to try and get 50 states worth of inspection stickers on this thing?" because of the NH one, the remnants of the Maine one, and now a MA one going on it...LOL.

I've been driving the car since then (and didn't even touch the Tahoe until today to make sure the cold didn't kill my battery) just to get a feel for it. It seems pretty damn reliable as it sits now. Trans shifts smooth, engine runs smooth, car drives smooth and rides really nice, firm and controlled but not back-breaking. I like the DeCarbon shocks that are in it. I still don't know what's up with the rearend, I'm not sure if it's the stock gear ratio or something shorter, the car def is quick off the line and bites pretty strong on the pavement too.
I have to say, I need to get used to this car. It's going to get me in trouble. I know it's not fast in comparison to a lot of newer vehicles, but it can get away from you and lead you to "involuntary spirited driving". Sat. morning on the way to work I was getting off 93 SB onto 128 WB and went to get over in the middle lane, then the left lane. Someone was ahead of me and I was pissed because it seemed like they pulled over into the left lane at 40 MPH. I looked down and the speedo said 79MPH. Oops. I was probably going down the exit ramp at like 60, lol.
However, I am coming from the '93 FE1 Caprice here... Laughing

This week if it's warmer out, I may try to flush the heater core. It isn't freezing in there, but you can tell it's not as hot as it should be, it gets sort of warm then the heat starts to cool off a little bit...but by then the car is tolerably warm inside. Going to finish cleaning the driver's seat and some other stuff like that too. And I'll finally take "nice" pics of the car. Smile

Last edited by Matt Trakker on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:49 pm

All good progress Matt!

I think I should be the next in the slutty line for this SS! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:21 am

Is this the first lt1 engine you've owned Matt?

This is something you CANNOT explain to people who are stuck on gen-1 engines.
It's like night and day with L05/L03 vs LT1. Wait till summer when you can cruise with it!
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:13 am

Welcome to the realm of the LT1!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Way to go, dude! lol!

Now enjoy it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:36 pm

When i put it back together, i flushed the core, and the PO said it was new a year or 2 before i got it. So it shouldn't have much crap in it. Check the bleeder, see if there is any air trapped.

And the it was first stickered in MA, so tell him to go back to persia, lol
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Ah the DGGM SS, the new slut Laughing

(is it for sale yet?)

Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 Slut10
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:57 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
All good progress Matt!

I think I should be the next in the slutty line for this SS! Laughing

Jumping on the ho-train Matt? lol

Ironfistdog wrote:
Is this the first lt1 engine you've owned Matt?

This is something you CANNOT explain to people who are stuck on gen-1 engines.
It's like night and day with L05/L03 vs LT1. Wait till summer when you can cruise with it!

Yep, it is! I'd ridden in one Impala SS like 10 years ago, and drove my brother's Roadmaster, but that's it. And I think his car has a posi 2.56 in it (did they even make that setup?). This car is just fast. I still kind of like the LS engine in my truck better but I can't complain with this. I'm worried about stuff that might go wrong and being hard to fix but I think I'm overreacting. I was like that before I bought the black Tahoe too.

GasTT wrote:
Welcome to the realm of the LT1!

Thanks for having me! Haha.

toomanytoyz wrote:
Way to go, dude! lol!

Now enjoy it! Very Happy

You have no idea. I still haven't taken the Tahoe out, it's still all clean with a rectangle of snow around it that hasn't melted. The Impala is kind of dirty and I think I need to wash it again...salt... Shocked

No Moa wrote:
When i put it back together, i flushed the core, and the PO said it was new a year or 2 before i got it. So it shouldn't have much crap in it. Check the bleeder, see if there is any air trapped.

And the it was first stickered in MA, so tell him to go back to persia, lol

Thanks dude, I'll def. give that a look. I'm still reading up on these cars with the "Qalo's SS handbook" I DL'd a million years ago and whatnot, I have a lot to learn here.

V8Killer wrote:
Ah the DGGM SS, the new slut Laughing

(is it for sale yet?)

Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 Slut10

Why, want some SSlut-ass there Al?

Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 13063252382

LOL.

S'not fo' sale...then again "everything's for sale"... Shocked

In other news, the title finally showed up in the mail today. Yes, they changed it back to a "Capri Classs" on the title instead of Impala SS, but I knew they'd do that anyway, I don't care. The good news is it's all clean and clear, no TMU or anything like that, they listed the mileage as I put it down. I was worried because the paperwork I had for the car listed the mileage as "Exempt" and stuff like that. Knowing this state nothing would have surprised me... Surprised
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I'm worried about stuff that might go wrong and being hard to fix but I think I'm overreacting.......

Yes...yes you are....now stop whining or we'll need to repossess that vehicle.

Well....someone will....not me....cuz....you know......(DGGM...eww)
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:16 pm

sdstick wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:
I'm worried about stuff that might go wrong and being hard to fix but I think I'm overreacting.......

Yes...yes you are....now stop whining or we'll need to repossess that vehicle.

Well....someone will....not me....cuz....you know......(DGGM...eww)

Yeah, have fun buffing all the swirls out all yah black paint Steve... Razz

So the other night I was reading up about the heat after hearing the heater core had been swapped before, and it seems oftentimes when the core has been replaced, it's not in the right spot after installation- I guess it's supposed to hang from some sort of clips in the heater box (?) where it's more centered for the airflow to pass right through it. If it falls down, the blower motor is just going to be blowing ambient cool air right over the heater core instead of right through it.

I noticed today that if I've first started the car and it's cool, I tend to want to keep the fan down a little, unless I'm really trying to blow the frost off the windshield. After it starts warming up I'll have the vents pointed at me, but it seems to be getting cooler with the high-speed fan on. Today on the way home, I had the vents on with the fan speed on "2" (out of 4), and it definitely seemed a hell of a lot warmer. Maybe with the fan on high, the airflow is more forced over a sunken heater core?
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:05 pm

If it's like the boxy and right up front and on top, you should give that a check this Sat. or something when it's nice and warm.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 pm

I wanted to get some stuff done today with the supposed nice weather we were gonna get, but that never materialized, the ground is still soaked here. So no painting... Mad

Not all is lost though, I plan on trying to fix the inop headlight switch bulb in the dash, when I'm driving this at night I keep thinking I'm still in the '93 and looking for the switch that isn't there.

I already have the bulb to fix it, left over from when I fixed the HVAC buttons in my Blazer back in 2005... Laughing

Also, the power trunk release stopped working for some reason...I thought the bulb in the glove compartment seemed to work too but can't be sure, either way that doesn't now either. So I'll have to investigate that. The brake/park interlock thing in this car seems disconnected, which I actually like, but I wonder if that's related because I know the power trunk only works in park?
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Oh...oh my god...look at it!

Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 486374_624670250786_1364185367_n

Easier than I expected, "easy" being a relative term...

I put the rest of the dash back together more completely, never put all the screws back in after that blower motor debacle. Looked all over like crazy for any screw holes in the lower dash panel area, etc. during reassembly, but still wound up with one extra normal sized trim screw, and 2 longer ones. Oh well! Surprised

Was going to check the fuses to see if one was blown causing the trunk popper to not work, but s'too dark. I'll do that tomorrow and look in the trunk to see if anything got disconnected in there...
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 am

You got the screw from the fuse box?
& 1 on the right side of the ash tray?
& behind the cluster bezel on the left (only)?

Did you back flush your heater core?
I did that to the wagon this weekend & it looked like a gold miners pan after
Heats GOOD now
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:07 am

sdstick wrote:
You got the screw from the fuse box?
& 1 on the right side of the ash tray?
& behind the cluster bezel on the left (only)?

Did you back flush your heater core?
I did that to the wagon this weekend & it looked like a gold miners pan after
Heats GOOD now

Haha, yea Steve-

I did that one behind the fuse box door (it was stripped out a little- I had a Torx "barrel nut" type of thing in the cupholder that I have no clue where it came from, so I put that in there for now since it grabbed better.).
I got that one where the ash tray goes in, I think it was up underneath if you're laying on your back looking up, and only on one side of the opening...
And yes, I got that one on the left side of the cluster bezel area...

I'm wondering if one of the screws was left from when I took apart the trim near the pass. door for pulling the blower motor. I didn't even look in the dark last night.

I still haven't back flushed the core. What is the easiest most rudimentary way to do this? I don't want to have to flush the coolant, change parts like that shitty plastic tee and the restrictor if I don't actually need to yet...but I don't want to break anything either. Should I just carefully disconnect the hoses at the water pump at the same time, put the hose nozzle on one and let it flow out the other hose, then reverse them, repeating back and forth? Then just reclamp the hoses back on the pump and top off the coolant? I know if you try to do a coolant flush the car needs to be cooled off, but will this F-up the heater core as well in case it was hot when the car was driving...like break soldered seams and stuff? Shocked

I'm just confused if this is going to screw up the whole coolant system and require all kinds of work, I still didn't get to check for a bleeder screw yet, lol. I also have no outside garden hose where I live right now, it's apartments so there's no hose (tenants didn't have to pay a water bill, lol).

I'll say this- the heat seems "hot" right near the vents if you put your hand there, and if you leave the fan on a medium setting, the car seems to get warmer than if you had the defroster on and on high speed... scratch

I'm gonna mess with the trunk popper today. I know the thing is on the same ground as the license plate light, so I'm going to check to see if that works, and run the shifter through all the gears while pressing the button in the glove compartment to see if it might be the neutral safety switch causing it. The popper should work at all times right, not only when the key's on?
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Do the bleed screw 1st
I doubt that will fix you but....1st things 1st

2 hoses at the water pump but 2 things to remember
1) The overflow tank connects to 1 of them so when you go to pull the hose off the pump, clamp the hose & have a cap ready for the water pump tube (applies to both hoses)
THEN drain your anti freeze into the catch pan for reuse.
2) I dont know if your car has the TB bypass done, but if it DOESNT, when your flushing, the overflow will fill up & PUSH water thru the TB into the steam line & out the water pump (popping the cap you put on)
So...do the TB bypass when you pull the hose of the overflow

Doesnt need to be hot
Just go back & forth until water flows freely
Let it drain, button it up, refill & bleed
1/2 hour if your anal & over think it
5 minutes if you dont mind a green puddle. Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:42 pm

I disconnect em at the tee and the flow restrictor. Use big vacuum caps on them to keep coolant loss to a minimum. Keep cap on, it leaks less. Flush forward and back and back and forward, etc, til clean.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
The popper should work at all times right, not only when the key's on?

I believe the key has to be on, atleast that's how it is on the Fleetwood.

Tom
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Thats the best way...if your not afraid of needing the tee & restrictor when your done.

Matt, have one of each on hand...or leave them be. Arrow

Trunk pops from the glovebox even without the key

Never made sense to me....from a crime standpoint
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next