BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Fleetwoods require the key to be in the ignition and in the on position to use the glovebox popper. Which sucks should you lock your keys in the trunk. (Been there, done that... had to remove the back seat.)
Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Should add a toggle...just for you...should it ever happen again
Unless you lock the keys in the car... Laughing

Toggle could supply 12V where the ignition switched power usually goes

OR

Just dont lock your keys in the trunk

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:16 pm

Locked myself out of the wagon on Saturday... with it running... for an hour and a half.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Did that before....just before I had to take my daughter to a game.

Went for the hammer, then realized if I pull the wiring to the fuel pump I'd be good.

3 hours later (2 hour game & 1 hour to work & back to get the spare keys)...only evidence was a dead battery & a dunce cap with my name on it.

I was so happy I took the magnetic spare key holder off the rear bumper & put it in my desk at work. scratch ..

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:11 pm

There was a magnetic key holder under the wagon, with a key in it. I took it off and I forgot where I put it.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Wow, that's a lot of info there...I don't think I'll be able to get the flush done until the next time I change the oil, in the spring... Laughing At least I know what I need now before I start taking things apart. I may look into the dangling heater core problem if I have time, but it's really not super important since the heat does pretty much "work". It does warm the car up and if it's like 10 degrees for a high out, I'll use the Tahoe. Smile

I was at Home Damage the other day looking at all the brass fittings and stuff, if I do the flush I want to make a new T-fitting out of brass like others have done, and have it made beforehand...

As far as the trunk popper, just checked the license plate light, that works, (so I guess that's good ground?), and I put the shifter through all the gears, didn't pop the trunk in any of those.

I just looked under the dash for the relay that supposedly controls the trunk popper (according to the big board). I read that there are three relays, and the middle is the one in question, you can swap them to check the relays and see if they're good. Well I just looked in there and there is NO relay, just two with none in between (no pins either). This is directly below the "green box" for the dome delay.

Is there any sort of fuse for this thing? I need an FSM... geek

scratch
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:51 pm

sdstick wrote:
Thats the best way...if your not afraid of needing the tee & restrictor when your done.

Matt, have one of each on hand...or leave them be. Arrow

Trunk pops from the glovebox even without the key

Never made sense to me....from a crime standpoint

It makes sense to me, from a crime standpoint, if you want to deter responding authorities from finding the bodies in the trunk quickly, make the trunk harder to get open...

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:55 pm

I fixed the trunk popper, of course both the ground wire and power wire for it were severed near the d/s trunk hinge... Surprised

I'm guessing I threw some crap in the trunk, caught the wires with whatever it was and pulled them near the hinge, then sliced them when I shut the lid.

I crimped them together for now, if they don't hold up I'll solder and heatshrink them. Smile

So if anyone has the same problem later on, do as Wilford Brimley says....you check yer trunk popper wires...n'you check'm off'n...

Still need to fix the light in there...I see two severed wires near the hinge similar to the problem with my white Caprice, but I'll fix that another time. I couldn't see where they were supposed to connect to... scratch
Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:34 pm

The wires go to a mercury switch clipped on the hinge
Its a bitch to get the wires correct & keep them from getting sliced.
Probably wasnt your fault....it just happens

Why dont you do what I do....look at another one. tongue

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:59 pm

sdstick wrote:
The wires go to a mercury switch clipped on the hinge
Its a bitch to get the wires correct & keep them from getting sliced.
Probably wasnt your fault....it just happens

Why dont you do what I do....look at another one. tongue

Hahahaha. Yeah, I suppose it helps when there is more than one of the same car at your place of residence...

I took the car for a rip tonight, went great. Since the car was clean, I tried taking some cool-ass photos but they came out kind of blurry, (I really wish I didn't lose that old Canon I had)

Before I fixed the trunk popper, I wiped off the chrome wheels and put some wax on them, finally. I'm probably supposed to do that but never did, even when they were on the old Impala. They were getting rust stains from the salt/moisture getting on them. Hopefully this helps prevent it a little. I'll do another coat tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Well, I'm jealous Laughing

Car is looking good.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:42 am

Matt, does it have a custom white balance? That would get rid of the yellowed effect. Tripod would help the blurr. Or a faster shutter speed.

These are teasers lol we need day pics!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 pm

GasTT wrote:
Matt, does it have a custom white balance? That would get rid of the yellowed effect. Tripod would help the blurr. Or a faster shutter speed.

These are teasers lol we need day pics!

Keep ya shirt on! Smile

Obviously I had a tripod based on the fact I took this with my old camera...

LOL

Buuuut...I broke that thing a while back. I just bought a new "travel" sized one though.

The camera I got just seems so more difficult to use than my old "lost" camera. I might just get another one from eBay like that, then maybe sell this one. Haven't decided.

I just tried taking some daylight pictures since the car was clean and it wasn't 10 degrees out, these were the best of them all but they're still grainy, I don't get it... Surprised

Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 pm

Just for those certain few individuals that can't accept the fact that DGGM is the fastest color of Impaladom...

afro
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:47 am

Fast??? That was the lamest, most barely stock outputish, crappiest dyno video that I have ever seen... Boo.

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:08 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Fast??? That was the lamest, most barely stock outputish, crappiest dyno video that I have ever seen... Boo.

That's exactly what we thought the haters would say. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:04 am

No...haters would say it was a BBB painted DGGM

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:09 pm

sdstick wrote:
No...haters would say it was a BBB painted DGGM

Hahahahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:54 am

Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:13 am

HEY!!!

This is the Modifications / Performance section....not your own little photo gallery.

Specify MOD or get the hell out....... Wink

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 am

What, you couldn't tell I was trying to showcase my replacement of the missing little gray plastic seatbelt bolt cover on the B-pillar? Razz
Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:00 am

It better be something aftermarket or its not a MOD......

Dont make me write you up..... Cool

PS....if you HAD told me you threw it out the window = weight savings = performance MOD....I'd have to back off.

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:54 pm

BAD ASS! Very Happy

(for a dggm) Razz

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:04 pm

sdstick wrote:
I'd have to back off shut the hell up.

Fixt Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
8bud

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:05 pm

sdstick wrote:
It better be something aftermarket or its not a MOD......

Dont make me write you up..... Cool

PS....if you HAD told me you threw it out the window = weight savings = performance MOD....I'd have to back off.
I knew the "MOD" thing would go to his head sooner or later. At least Doug is a little more modest with his powers. king
Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:29 pm

OK you 2....I'm going back & editing all your prior posts

I'm gonna take out every good thing you ever said or did & portray you in a negative light.

...Oh wait....I guess Doug beat me to it..... Cool.. in and out

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:52 pm

Matt, the SS is looking sweet! I love the rally rims and BFG's Arrow
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 7:11 pm

^Thanks kehd!

Not much of an update, but whatevs...

I got the car aligned today at a place in Peabody called FasTrack. I'd heard of this place numerous times with nothing but good reviews, but I could never figure out where it was. It's directly behind Capone's on Summit St., near Centennial Park. There were a crapload of cool cars there, s000bar000 STis, E30 BMWs, old VWs, an Acura NSX, a sick Mustang Cobra, an old 79ish Trans Am, lots of track type cars, three Miatas were there too but those are kinda ghey, sooo... Wink
They do a lot of custom alignments and corner balancing (?) for track cars. I think these guys race at the Devens autocross thing too?
It was a nice shop. I'll probably take the old Impala there too since it will be needing an alignment soon. I made an appointment and they took it in right away when I showed up, took about an hour and a half. The guy did not rush it and checked it all out before he started to do anything, the front end was still nice, but the car does have a little play in the front wheel bearings, so when I do front brakes I'll probably look into that (car needs at least front pads, lol). Nothing was in need of attention though. The front end was just all messed up from I'm assuming swapping the suspension around, which is to be expected. It's all shimmed out properly now and set up, and it goes awesome. I took it up 95 and back down again quick just to feel it out. He also set it up to that custom spec from that old "CapriceSS.com" site that's been floating around forever, but changed a couple things he thought might work better. It's all above my head and I didn't really understand it fully, I'll admit, but you could tell this guy knew what he was doing.

It wasn't expensive either. It was actually cheaper than the other place I'd been to last time. Overall seems like a nice professional shop with decent prices. My first experience, but I'd definitely give them a try if you need an alignment and possibly other work too.

In other news, I "finished" "painting" the underside of the car, well, what I could reach with it parked on the ground with all the wheels still on. I scraped off any loose rust, wire brushed it, and just painted it with Rustoleum red primer (the "rusty metal" one), and then went over it with some satin black Rustoleum. For some reason that satin came out glossy, I almost think the cans were mislabeled. I'll probably go over it all with satin once more to make it disappear better. The rust was not nearly as bad as it looked (and it didn't look like a Rustmaster or anything either anyway). Found no thin or rotted places. Now I just need to put it on some jackstands and do the underneath. The floors are very solid, just blistering paint mostly.

I just wanted to hit this for now and get it done quickly, otherwise I'd have put a lot more time into it and used SEM or whatever. But this car is not going to be a winter car (I probably put 500 miles on it from when I bought it until March or whatever) anyway. I want to see how this holds up out of curiosity. I'm going to fluid film inside the frame rails and most of the underneath as well.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Cool. It's hard to find an alignment tech who knows what he's doing and is willing to do it right, and not just "toe and go" like most everywhere else. Smile

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 7:40 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Cool. It's hard to find an alignment tech who knows what he's doing and is willing to do it right, and not just "toe and go" like most everywhere else. Smile

Exactly, this was not one of those lifetime alignment type things that takes 25 minutes, the guy had it up on the rack or whatever, one of those staircases with wheels on it so he could be under the hood at the same time as it being lifted up, he was jacking the rear of the car up for god knows what reason, he seriously messed with it nonstop for an hour and a half.

The girl at the front desk was cool also. Wink

I just remembered too, some dude came in that had an 86 Caprice wagon and was all picking their brains for ballpark figures on repairs for all sorts of stuff, it was funny how insistent he was upon some of the stuff he mentioned.

I also just remembered that when I painted the front frame rails and such, I discovered the metal lines to the charcoal canister were badly rotted out, right on top of the frame where the sway bar is, at that clip. I broke them off with my bare hand. So I'm going to trace those back as far as I can, cut them off, and probably just run fuel line hose or something back up to the canister. Maybe that's what sets off the CEL...

Last edited by Matt Trakker on Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 7:43 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
it was funny how insistent he was upon some of the stuff he mentioned.

Wagon guys...
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 7:50 pm

The CEL you have makes the fans run correct?

I'm not sure THAT set of lines would cause it, but might be PART of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Well, I think the fans are okay, I did see the car running without the fans a few days ago. So who knows. I didn't think that was related anyway, lol. I'll just have to keep an eye on them. I thought they were making a noise but it appears to be one of the accessories doing it, I need to pull the belt and see what's up.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 9:40 pm

You need a tech II or read that thread on the big forum on how to "jump" your OBD I DTL connector.

Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 9:49 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
You need a tech II or read that thread on the big forum on how to "jump" your OBD I DTL connector.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......I had no idea you could do that on an LT1 car! My friend has a scan tool for work, he was gonna do it for me sometime I take the car up to Manchvegas
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......I had no idea you could do that on an LT1 car! My friend has a scan tool for work, he was gonna do it for me sometime I take the car up to Manchvegas

The connector OBD II or the old 12 pin OBD I? My girlfriends 95 olds has the ODB II connector, not sure if B-Bodys got in the transitional year good luck bin.

If you need I may be able to borrow a Tech I or a very very old snap on scan tool. MAY be able to. LMK
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 10:07 pm

I know you can get the cable to run to your PC. You can download free code readers as well. You can check and clear codes from there. If you wanted, you could go further and buy a tuning program to use and learn with said cable. Or, buy an OBD I scanner. Check on line first for prices. Pahts stohr prices ah redicalahhhhs kehd. Worth the money tho.

I bought an OBD II scanner at Walmart in Cali back when I bought the 9C1. It was like $99. I use it throughout the year cuz people know I have it and can clear codes. Should I feel guilty charging a fee? Yes. Do I? No...

Scanners are always worth having IMHO.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 10:14 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
I know you can get the cable to run to your PC. You can download free code readers as well. You can check and clear codes from there. If you wanted, you could go further and buy a tuning program to use and learn with said cable. Or, buy an OBD I scanner. Check on line first for prices. Pahts stohr prices ah redicalahhhhs kehd. Worth the money tho.

I bought an OBD II scanner at Walmart in Cali back when I bought the 9C1. It was like $99. I use it throughout the year cuz people know I have it and can clear codes. Should I feel guilty charging a fee? Yes. Do I? No...

Scanners are always worth having IMHO.

My buddy paid like 50 bucks for an OBD I scanner at AZ a few years ago. It just has two prongs... Online it should be cheaper. You just have to jump two of the pins together using a paper clip. I forget the correct pins to jump, an FSM may show you an idea of which ones to jump but I'm sure they're on the big board somewhere, if you can even apply this to an LT1 car which I believe you should be able to.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Paper clip trick does not work on our cars.

I had an OBD1 code reader too, but I haven't seen it in years. Recently looked for one and there were no cheap ones.

So now I have to lug my laptop out to the car and use Freescan or Datamaster and my OBD1 cable... Grrrr.

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 10:51 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Paper clip trick does not work on our cars.

I had an OBD1 code reader too, but I haven't seen it in years. Recently looked for one and there were no cheap ones.

So now I have to lug my laptop out to the car and use Freescan or Datamaster and my OBD1 cable... Grrrr.

That just makes me want one even less! However, I take it that "Freescan" is a free program? All you need is the cable? Not a bad deal in that situation.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 10:58 pm

I have one....see you tomorrow at Kittys

What are you scanning for...just codes? cuz OBD1 leaves alot to be desired in the scanning dept

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Wed May 08, 2013 11:18 pm

sdstick wrote:
OBD1 leaves alot to be desired in the scanning dept

This^^
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Thu May 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Ha, tell me about it. Now that 1996 is emissions exempt, I'd love to have one of those...

The CEL in this car comes on and off occasionally, sometimes it just sort of appears but it's almost always at the same time I've accelerated "briskly" for whatever reason. Just wanted to see what the code was...

I do have one of those OTC scan tool things complete with the interchangeable cartridges from the early-mid 1990s, I wonder if that will do anything. I never even thought of that! Probably need some sort of LT1 cartridge for it.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Thu May 09, 2013 2:51 pm

One of my buddies had that tool

Not sure which plug in it needed but his was ef'd up to begin with so I gave it back to him

It SHOULD have worked because there were selections that got you to the LT1 setup caprice...dual fans etc

I could probably get his software if you have the scanner

My scanner 10 sec's to report

5 sec's to plug in, 5 sec's to scan & review data

REAL codes are displayed & can be reset

Bring it tonight, I'll take a look

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Thu May 09, 2013 6:17 pm

I love when a plan comes together
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Thu May 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks for the scan Steve!

Canister purge solenoid, hmmmm.... scratch

Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Thu May 09, 2013 10:06 pm

What that means, is take all the EVAP junk out and disable it through the PCM. Legit. jocolor
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Thu May 09, 2013 10:11 pm

In all seriousness, it could be related to those broken lines you found. It's a good thing I keep this stuff on my phone...
Here's the component
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Thu May 09, 2013 10:54 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
In all seriousness, it could be related to those broken lines you found. It's a good thing I keep this stuff on my phone...
Here's the component

He has a point. Smoke those lines for the EVAP, I hope you like cheap cigars Laughing , and then replace if they're bad. Then reset code it should clear it. Though Steve said it was electrical issue on his scanner, the solenoid may be bad. I'm sure you can find a known good one around here to test that theory.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 am

If you think it's the solenoid, hit the terminals on it with a 9v battery and see if it clicks. Had one die out of no where on my RMW.

Here's a decent scanner, similar to the one I bought years ago Very Happy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AutoXray-EZ-Scan-3000-/221222716995?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item3381e6c643&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol   Today at 7:05 am

Back to top Go down

Ok, so I made a thread for the DGGM...lol
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next