BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Anyone heard of RM auctions?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

Anyone heard of RM auctions? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone heard of RM auctions?   Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:33 pm

I stumbled across this page from 2007. If its legit, look at the prices the B bodies were selling for! What a steal...

http://www.rmauctions.com/AuctionResults.cfm?SaleCode=RF07&SortBy=AL&View=Normal&Category=All&Currency=CAD&tempstartrow=76&currentpage=4&Collection=
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of RM auctions?   Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Shocked I wish I could snag those for that little cash! I could fill a warehouse for like 2 grand!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of RM auctions?   Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Yeap, I think RM just handled the Terry Bennett collection that my buddy just went to up in Rochester or wherever it was. He came home with an old GTI, a few motorcycles, and some other stuff. It was mostly clapped out diesel powered vehicles and oddities like Mazda 323 GTX's that weren't sold in the US. Guy even had a Ferrari 308 sitting outside under a tarp with junk all around it.

I wish I could have grabbed some of those movie cars, that's a good deal for stuff that's been immortalized on the silver screen. I think one of the doubles made up for Hunter S. Thompson's '71 Impala used in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas recently sold for cheap, it had been used in like 10 other productions after that movie including some episode from Hannah Montana I guess...LOL.

It's funny how cars will be recycled for different films- the Impala from Bad Santa has been used in a bunch of different movies and stuff, the copper colored Cadillac Phaeton that Ray Liotta made famous in Goodfellas was used in a lot of films including Ghostbusters 2 when it almost runs over the baby carriage, the Impala convertible used in Scarface in that infamous scene near the beginning is the same car used in an episode of the A-Team (which led to the clip of Mr. T frowning during the opening credits), and I'm pretty sure the Pontiac from Last Action Hero wound up being in a whole bunch of other movies and music videos afterward including Black Sheep when Chris Farley drove it.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of RM auctions?   Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 8:01 pm

Good info Matt. I wonder if there's a way to track those cars just like the mine shaft cars.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of RM auctions?   Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Haha, I'm kind of a haunt on imcdb.org, and I actually found out the Bad Santa car, the one from the A-Team, and a few others. You'd be surprised the amount of info there is on that site if you're into movie cars. I hope to own one someday, (I suppose I technically do already, but I mean a well known one...lol).

I'm still perplexed as to what happened with Kramer's "Assman" Impala from Seinfeld. It was an ultra-rare factory equipped airbag car with a factory installed Olds dashboard!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of RM auctions?   Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Off topic, kinda, but the kid who played Fez on That 70's Show bought the Vista Cruiser after the show ended. Dunno if he still has it.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of RM auctions?   Anyone heard of RM auctions? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Fez = wilmer valderama

Wilmer valderama = fez
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of RM auctions?   Anyone heard of RM auctions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard of RM auctions?
Page 1 of 1