BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
OTC Brake Rotors EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
OTC Brake Rotors EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
OTC Brake Rotors EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
OTC Brake Rotors EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
OTC Brake Rotors EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
OTC Brake Rotors EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
OTC Brake Rotors EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
OTC Brake Rotors EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
OTC Brake Rotors EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

OTC Brake Rotors

Go down 
+3
MASShole9C1
Ironfistdog
Bull
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bull

Bull

OTC Brake Rotors Empty
PostSubject: OTC Brake Rotors   OTC Brake Rotors EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 4:34 pm

What have you guys found to be the best quality OTC brake rotors for our cars? Some monkey must have run my front lugs down with an impact. Every single one of them was so tight that even 200 lbs on the end of a 3' cheater pipe was either BARELY breaking them loose or rounding them off. The PS now has three rounded lugs. I am considering just pulling the wheel/disc/hub as an assembly and replacing both front rotors and pads, otherwise I need to invest in some Turbosockets or similar style. Either way, more money is coming out of my pocket. There are a few brands of rotors on Rockauto, just wondering if you guys have developed any firm preferences.

I think it might have helped if I had a stronger impact, too. I was only using the cheater and breaker because my impact is a weak hand-me-down.

I thought I was just going to spend a relaxing hour swapping on new wheels, but as usual Murphy brought his law over to my garage and effed everything up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

OTC Brake Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTC Brake Rotors   OTC Brake Rotors EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 6:39 pm

If you got time to come out this week or next weekend we can get them bastards off. Got MANY a tool here.
Can also knock out the windows if you didn't fix them yet. And whatever else u might need info on.

Let me know Arrow
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

OTC Brake Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTC Brake Rotors   OTC Brake Rotors EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Brake rotors? Those have to be changed regularly? scratch

Let me consult my owners manual study

jocolor
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

OTC Brake Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTC Brake Rotors   OTC Brake Rotors EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:25 pm

I always use Bendix stuff, thats what we stock at my shop, I've never had any complaints about it!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

OTC Brake Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTC Brake Rotors   OTC Brake Rotors EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:36 pm

I've used Delco Advantage rotors with good results and no warping. I've heard good things about the Duralast rotors too I think? But NOT the cheap rotors, the "Gold" ones. (?)
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

OTC Brake Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTC Brake Rotors   OTC Brake Rotors EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Most rotors for these cars are pretty stout. I usually focus on pads. I have AC Delco full ceramic pads on the Fleetwood and it stops pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

OTC Brake Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTC Brake Rotors   OTC Brake Rotors EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 12:58 am

I have the Delco Durastop ceramics on my Tahoe. I put them in all around...after that my rear brakes started making a ton of noise, turns out calipers acted up and would stick sometimes. Just had 2 new calipers put in and got a new set of Wagner Thermoquiets for the back brakes. I fully expected that one of the rear pads all worn down and that being the cause of the noise, but they looked fine!!! scratch

The new pads so far are totally quiet. I still have the Delcos up front and they seem fine. Weird.

I've heard people say the ceramics don't stop as good, but I don't notice any of that and the fact that you get no brake dust on the wheels is priceless!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

OTC Brake Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTC Brake Rotors   OTC Brake Rotors EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:39 am

MASShole9C1 wrote:
Brake rotors? Those have to be changed regularly? scratch

If you drive like me, you do. Wink

And I have heard that pretty much all rotors are made in China now. Impossible to get a good, quality rotor any more, unless you pay a ton for ones made here, if you can find them. I've warped the Hell out of both the Autozone offerings. I've been told that Napa's good line is pretty good...
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

OTC Brake Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTC Brake Rotors   OTC Brake Rotors EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Yep, I heard that maybe some of the high end aftermarket rotors were made in the UK or even North American, but I don't even remember the brand or if that's true/current info.

My Delco rotors said China on them, pissed me off. But the pads and bearings were domestic... Cool
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

OTC Brake Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTC Brake Rotors   OTC Brake Rotors EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Ironfistdog wrote:
If you got time to come out this week or next weekend we can get them bastards off. Got MANY a tool here.
Can also knock out the windows if you didn't fix them yet. And whatever else u might need info on.

Let me know Arrow

If you lived closer, I'd take advantage of your generous offers. I had little free time to deal with this, and after a few late-night attempts to address the problem, I just brought it to my mechanic (only 1 mile away) and he used the red wrench.

OTC Brake Rotors WP_000149_zps055b325aOTC Brake Rotors WP_000148_zps88cb500d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OTC Brake Rotors Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTC Brake Rotors   OTC Brake Rotors Empty

Back to top Go down

OTC Brake Rotors
Page 1 of 1