BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car

Go down 
+2
MASShole9C1
Bull
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bull

Bull

Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car Empty
PostSubject: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 am

Just after leaving my driveway this morning, I wanted to accelerate to get some distance between myself and a truck that was coming up behind me. The Roadmaster was sluggish and felt almost like it was just going to cut out. A mile down the road, the SES light came on for a few seconds. The sluggishness got better, but the car still feels "off."

Of course, my first suspicion is the Opti cap. I have asked the previous owner whethere the car ever had a major tune-up during his period of ownership. If not, then at 157k miles, it probably never has and needs one.

It was damp and drizzly this morning, so maybe that is part of the problem if it is Opti related, although I thought that by '95 they were vented and no longer suffered from moisture issues inside.

Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:39 am

The vent didn't really solve anything IMO. My old '95 had real trouble with the opti in the cold and wet. Put in a new one (2) and lasted all last year no issues. See if there is a code stored.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Pull the codes and go from there. Download and keep with you the handy glove box guide on how to pull the codes from the climate control and what they mean. I complied this from the SS forum a while back. I have had a similar problem with 2 wagons, both time it was a failing O2 sensor. When it kicks the light on it goes into open loop and ran better for me as it stopped relying on the bad sensor.
http://ex-vtc.gotdns.com/downloads/Roadmaster_HVAC.pdf
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:51 pm

You know the RMW climate control panel is also has OBD's too right?

If you didnt know that.... you need the info I have in my glovebox as to how to access that info

I'll try to grab it out of the car tonight (its parked at home)

PM me with your email address & I'll scan & email....or let me know what other method you prefer
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:07 am

I didn't really understand what you guys were talking about at first with this HVAC stuff. I actually went out to my car tonight with my OBDII scanner, thinking it was backwards compatible with OBDI as well. Of course, it isn't. Then I read what you wrote again and looked at that link. So, I can read all my PCM codes via the HVAC panel and don't need a separate scanner? If so, that's awesome.
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:38 am

Your ignition coil wire is all corroded at the coil end and you need a new EGR valve.

Just a guess.

All b-body opit's are vented. '92-'94 Vettes and '93-'94 F-bodies got an unvented opti.

Once you try a vented opti you'll never go back, trust me.

Unvented Opti internal #1

Unvented Opti internal #2
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 6:11 am

Bull wrote:
........Then I read what you wrote again and looked at that link.

So, I can read all my PCM codes via the HVAC panel and don't need a separate scanner? If so, that's awesome.

Yes, you can & yes....yes it is.

Thats EXACTLY what I said when I found out.

Lets see if I can remember to grab that info between now & departure. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 am

Bull wrote:
I didn't really understand what you guys were talking about at first with this HVAC stuff. I actually went out to my car tonight with my OBDII scanner, thinking it was backwards compatible with OBDI as well. Of course, it isn't. Then I read what you wrote again and looked at that link. So, I can read all my PCM codes via the HVAC panel and don't need a separate scanner? If so, that's awesome.

Yes, the link I posted tells you how to pull the codes.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:27 am

Dont know how I missed Daves post....doh
OK then.....but at least I remembered to grab the stuff this AM.. Arrow
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:32 am

95brmw wrote:
Pull the codes and go from there. Download and keep with you the handy glove box guide on how to pull the codes from the climate control and what they mean. I complied this from the SS forum a while back. I have had a similar problem with 2 wagons, both time it was a failing O2 sensor. When it kicks the light on it goes into open loop and ran better for me as it stopped relying on the bad sensor.
http://ex-vtc.gotdns.com/downloads/Roadmaster_HVAC.pdf

This link isn't working for me anymore; does it work for you guys?
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:17 am

All OBD1 codes are accessible without a scanner no matter the car. You can also access a tach through your HVAC. If anyone upgraded the control unit in the caddy for the RM version, you can still do it.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Now dont go jumping forums.... Laughing

but try this...

http://www.buickforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=43614#post43614
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car   Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car Empty

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Morning Blues: Sluggish Car
Page 1 of 1