BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pooge

Pooge

Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... Empty
PostSubject: Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea...   Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:50 pm

Could someone please tell me what is the same and what is different in the box caprices VS the 91-96? I am mostly interested in differences in frame, suspension, and interior... I have read that there is very little difference in the frame and suspension, even that frames are interchangeable, but I find that a little hard to believe...

This is why I ask: We all know I like 94-96 Impalas, but there are so many out there that I got to thinking about something else that would be even cooler because it would be so rare: A late model Box Caprice (88-90) all blacked out and running an LT1 (or eventually LS1) with SS rims and maybe SS interior if possible...and what the hell, why not a T56 as well if it is going to be a long term project...

**Think of a mix between an Impala SS and the cop car from Black Sheep**

Tell me what I can get away with here...I plan another Impala parts car purchase and would have everything I need, and would love to start a long term frame off project this fall when the garage is built...

Thanks,

Doug
Back to top Go down
cmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea...   Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:30 pm

I can tell you from personal experience that the frames are interchangeable. I currently have a 77 impala coupe (first year for the boxy caprice) sitting on a 95 9C1 frame complete with the LT1/4L60E and rear disc's and impala ssm wheels.
Back to top Go down
LiveFreeorDieTryin

PostSubject: Re: Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea...   Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:53 pm

I too was curious about interior interchangeability. Also, does anyone know if the TBI 305 in 87-90's is the same as the L03 in 91-93's. I definitely like the project idea.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea...   Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyFri May 22, 2009 9:24 pm

Well Chris answered that question pretty easily...the bubble frame is interchangeable...SWEET, that means I can clean an entire frame up and swap the box body, that is great!

Just curious about the interior now...

Doug
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea...   Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptyFri May 22, 2009 9:26 pm

Lots of cars with a 116" wheelbase. Plenty pre-war too.

We replaced a 305 in a '91 Camaor with a LT1 no problem.
Back to top Go down
cmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea...   Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptySat May 23, 2009 6:59 am

Pooge wrote:
Just curious about the interior now...

Doug

I dont think the dash is. The box dash is very shallow and the angle of the windshield is very steep. The 91-96 dash is deep and would stick too far into the car. The seats and consoles will all work.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea...   Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... EmptySun May 24, 2009 5:46 pm

cmccabe wrote:

I dont think the dash is. The box dash is very shallow and the angle of the windshield is very steep. The 91-96 dash is deep and would stick too far into the car. The seats and consoles will all work.

Thanks Chris, I really appreciate the info, I'm super excited about the idea of doing a SS/hot rod style box all blacked out GN style, SS interior, ss front springs and 9C1 rears for a little rake, and a 90's NASCAR style sheet metal spoiler...

Thanks!

Doug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea...   Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea... Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about Box and Bubble Differences...Project Idea...
Page 1 of 1