BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» For all B-bodies
Yesterday at 11:45 pm by Tomz9C1

» 95 9C1
Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:53 pm by MalibuSSwagon

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:38 am by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:25 am by silverfox103

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

» CraigsList car finder
Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:08 pm by MalibuSSwagon

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Looking for a driveshaft...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfurches



Posts : 1061
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, MA

PostSubject: Looking for a driveshaft...   Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:39 pm

I need a driveshaft asap for a factory 8.5" rear car. Driveshaft should measure 54.5" center to center of the u-joint on the tube.

Whos got one and when can I come get it??
Back to top Go down
Sweet Seventy9



Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : Upstate NY

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:50 pm

If all else fails, my private little gold mine of a salvage yard has several.

What's a good price?
I could grab one and meet you somewhere.

lmk
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1107426
bfurches



Posts : 1061
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, MA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Sweet Seventy9 wrote:
If all else fails, my private little gold mine of a salvage yard has several.

What's a good price?
I could grab one and meet you somewhere.

lmk

A good price is whatever it will take to get it to me... lol

Nah, all kidding aside, it would have to be under 100, because for 125 I can just have mine shortened. It has to be from a car which originally came with a 4l60e/700r4 and the 8.5" rear.

Thanks man, text me if anything.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Seventy9



Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : Upstate NY

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:40 pm

No problem.

Here's one: 88 or 89 9c1. 350tbi, 700r4, 8.5" posi, 342 gears, missing the green silicon hoses heh heh heh....


There's probably a few d-shafts already pulled up in the garage too.

For the hell of it I'll get a price tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1107426
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Sweet Seventy9 wrote:
No problem.

Here's one: 88 or 89 9c1. 350tbi, 700r4, 8.5" posi, 342 gears, missing the green silicon hoses heh heh heh....


There's probably a few d-shafts already pulled up in the garage too.

For the hell of it I'll get a price tomorrow.

IF they have two...I'll take the second! bounce That's IF. Brandon's closer to needing it to move his car, so IF IF IF there is a second one I'd love to take that. Maybe Brandon can hold it for me Question Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bfurches



Posts : 1061
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, MA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:24 pm

yes and yes!

Thanks for looking into it!
Back to top Go down
Sweet Seventy9



Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : Upstate NY

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:32 am

I'll let ya's know by EOD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1107426
Sweet Seventy9



Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : Upstate NY

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:36 am

Hey Guys,
sorry I wasn't able to get back to you yesterday but I didn't get in till real late.

I can get the drive shafts for $40 each.
I've never bought one before. Is that a good price?

lmk.


.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1107426
bfurches



Posts : 1061
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, MA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Yea, as long as they arent rotted to shit and you can varrify measurement...perfect!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Sweet Seventy9 wrote:
Hey Guys,
sorry I wasn't able to get back to you yesterday but I didn't get in till real late.

I can get the drive shafts for $40 each.
I've never bought one before. Is that a good price?

lmk.


.

bfurches wrote:
Yea, as long as they arent rotted to shit and you can varrify measurement...perfect!

^If not rotted then I'd be comfy with 40 bucks on that! Arrow

But just to be sure I need it, there is a diff. between drive shaft length on 7.5" rears and 8.5" rears correct? I remember someone mentioned it before.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4471
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:48 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
Sweet Seventy9 wrote:
Hey Guys,
sorry I wasn't able to get back to you yesterday but I didn't get in till real late.

I can get the drive shafts for $40 each.
I've never bought one before. Is that a good price?

lmk.


.

bfurches wrote:
Yea, as long as they arent rotted to shit and you can varrify measurement...perfect!

^If not rotted then I'd be comfy with 40 bucks on that! Arrow

But just to be sure I need it, there is a diff. between drive shaft length on 7.5" rears and 8.5" rears correct? I remember someone mentioned it before.

7.5 DS's are longer.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Seventy9



Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : Upstate NY

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:52 pm

OK.
When do you want to do this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1107426
bfurches



Posts : 1061
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, MA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Want me to just text you? I would call but im at work.
Back to top Go down
Sweet Seventy9



Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : Upstate NY

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:35 pm

bfurches wrote:
Want me to just text you? I would call but im at work.
Nah, I don't do texting.

I'm sorry, but there's been a change of plans.
After further consideration, I think it would be best if you came here and looked at the part(s) yourself before they're purchased.
That way there's no possibilities of let-downs or disappointment for either of us.



.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1107426
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Cadet57 wrote:


7.5 DS's are longer.

Thank you! Arrow

Sweet Seventy9 wrote:
bfurches wrote:
Want me to just text you? I would call but im at work.
Nah, I don't do texting.

I'm sorry, but there's been a change of plans.
After further consideration, I think it would be best if you came here and looked at the part(s) yourself before they're purchased.
That way there's no possibilities of let-downs or disappointment for either of us.



.

Damn, that'd be a hike and a half especially with my full plate. Maybe I can work something out with Brandon.
Back to top Go down
bfurches



Posts : 1061
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, MA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Decent hike for me as well. I appreciate you doing the leg work, and if I were to meet you half way or something it would be no biggie, but let me see if I can track one down locally first. I will be in touch. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Looking for a driveshaft...   Today at 6:49 am

Back to top Go down
 
Looking for a driveshaft...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Remind me how to install u-joints/driveshaft
» WTB Driveshaft
» WTB B-body driveshaft
» 9c1 or SS Driveshaft Help!
» Stripped DriveShaft screw

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: NE marketplace :: Parts for sale or wanted-
Jump to: