BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Doubles as a delivery van EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Doubles as a delivery van EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Doubles as a delivery van EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Doubles as a delivery van EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Doubles as a delivery van EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Doubles as a delivery van EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Doubles as a delivery van EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Doubles as a delivery van EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Doubles as a delivery van EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Doubles as a delivery van

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

Doubles as a delivery van Empty
PostSubject: Doubles as a delivery van   Doubles as a delivery van EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:59 pm

So I find this outboard that despite it's bad looks is in near perfect shape on Craigslist. I knew it would not last long, and with no time to borrow a truck, so I just headed off for the 3 hour round trip. After some crafty bartering, and removing the bottom seat cushion, I was able lay it in the back floor. Guy asked me why I did not put it in the trunk. I asked him if once in the trunk. How would I get it out? He said true dat.
Doubles as a delivery van Cardelivery004

Also, on the way back I stopped by the house across the street from Johnson's ice cream shop on rt4 where we go for the fall roundup. There was an entire family of b-bodys there, but no one home. In behind white roady is a black SS too.
Doubles as a delivery van SSPX0414
Back to top Go down
bfurches

PostSubject: Re: Doubles as a delivery van   Doubles as a delivery van EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:15 pm

Could you please go steel me that box?
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Doubles as a delivery van   Doubles as a delivery van EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:13 am

bfurches wrote:
Could you please go steel me that box?
Thanks!

He's too far of a drive with a stolen boxy I'll take it instead Laughing
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Doubles as a delivery van   Doubles as a delivery van EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:01 am

I just took a 86 30 evinrude with contols and all in trade, i was going to email you monday about it. lol

That 75 will be alot for that boat, don't run her WOT all the time. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Doubles as a delivery van   Doubles as a delivery van EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:23 am

No Moa wrote:
I just took a 86 30 evinrude with contols and all in trade, i was going to email you monday about it. lol
Damn it! Mad

No Moa wrote:
That 75 will be alot for that boat, don't run her WOT all the time. lol
The boat is rated for 70 hp max, so I figure 5 more won't hurt. Rolling Eyes Motor came off 20' pontoon that was just upgraded to a 4 stroke. I do have to get different controls. The ones that came with it are console mounted, and have no key. I will have to get a Quicksilver side mount with tilt/trim. I need to see if I have enough wood lying around to build a stand. I want to change out the water pump impeller, change the lower end oil, do a tune up, and paint it. The people left the motor in the down position all the time, and the lower end looks like ass. I made the guy pull the oil fill plugs out, and the oil looked used, but good.

B.O.A.T Bill Often Asses Threads up! Razz
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Doubles as a delivery van   Doubles as a delivery van EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:45 am

Boat was rated for a 70 back in the what 50s (dont remember the year) that's a late 80s 75 4 cylinder? They were about 60-70 pounds heavier than the early mercs, it should hold it, you just need to be aware of the weight diff.

Im not trying to be difficult, but if there's one thing I'm pretty good at is boats.

Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Doubles as a delivery van   Doubles as a delivery van EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:10 am

No Moa wrote:
Boat was rated for a 70 back in the what 50s (dont remember the year) that's a late 80s 75 4 cylinder? They were about 60-70 pounds heavier than the early mercs, it should hold it, you just need to be aware of the weight diff.

Im not trying to be difficult, but if there's one thing I'm pretty good at is boats.

Thanks Glen. I am all over it. There is a 75-100lbs difference. To compensate, I might moving fuel tank mid ship, and the batteries are already located near the bow. Once in the water, I will see how it sits. If it is to heavy in the stern, I will just sell or trade it for something smaller. I plan to bolt it up tomorrow, and sit the boat in the water for just that reason. I want to find out what I can move around to compensate if any is needed. The water line with the old 35 is still on the boat since it sat in the lake all the time, so this will be my guide. The more I learn, the more fun I have with it. This should be like strapping a Big block to a toaster. Like a Star @ heaven
There was a change in how the HP was rated too. My 75, may even be a 80 or 90 by 1959 standards. Not sure on how that changed.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Doubles as a delivery van   Doubles as a delivery van EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 am

They were rated at the powerhead back in the days, as they used to dyno the powerheads off the exhaust housings, then someone smartend up and they started doing propshaft HP.

The HP on the 75 is probably 85, but is 65-75 at the prop. 10% loss figuratively from PH to Prop seems like alot, but its not really when you consider how everything is assembled.
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Doubles as a delivery van   Doubles as a delivery van EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 pm

After installing the motor today at my brother inlaws I stopped at the marine store to do some window shopping.

Talk about overkill. Razz
Doubles as a delivery van SSPX0417
Doubles as a delivery van SSPX0418
Doubles as a delivery van SSPX0419
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Doubles as a delivery van   Doubles as a delivery van EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:55 am

Bill you love to breed sluts don't you? A nice set of no hub caps steelies just makes it look like some hood rat with a stolen boat Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doubles as a delivery van   Doubles as a delivery van Empty

Back to top Go down

Doubles as a delivery van
Page 1 of 1