BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 126 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:36 pm
Latest topics
» Buick rear seat wanted FOUND
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by silverfox103

» The Official 1987 Two Door Body Off RE-build Thread!
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:35 pm by MASShole9C1

» Rear tail light panel wanted
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:19 pm by MASShole9C1

» Midnight tour of the Allagash Ice Caves July 3rd!
Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:32 am by booth9C1SS

» 2017 Kancamagus Ride
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:48 pm by Matt Trakker

» 95 9C1
Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:55 pm by MalibuSSwagon

» '95 DCM RMW
Thu May 25, 2017 9:59 am by Redbeard

» Dust off / hang out / mod day at my house May 20th
Sun May 14, 2017 11:10 am by toomanytoyz

» Spindles
Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:41 pm by MalibuSSwagon

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 WTB Rear end

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1984twodoor

avatar

Posts : 4060
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 24
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: WTB Rear end   Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:14 pm

I would prefer a unit from an Impala SS with posi and gears such as 3.23 3.42 or 3.73

I would take a 9C1 unit if it is a posi and meets the same criteria!

B4U Drum rear with Posi would also be accepted!

Lower the miles the better! No rebuild needed...well that's even better that the other! Less rust, guess what, that's even better too! Arrow

LMK what you guys have!

Of course, if anyone has an 8.5" posi rear from a civi boxy (5x4.75 bolt pattern) I'd be all over that too! It's getting closer to the time I rebuild the frame so I'll be needing one of these! I don't want to do all this work and run a 2.56 peg leg! pale
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear end   Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Matt,

If you want, call this guy. Name is Eric, he is (was?) parting a '95 RMS. I pulled my seats from it, decent guy. No bs. Car had a 2:93 posi rear, it was a tow pack car.

(413)2 zero4-4066
Back to top Go down
bfurches



Posts : 1061
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 30
Location : Springfield, MA

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear end   Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:09 pm

supposedly civilian bolt pattern'

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/3153126235.html
Back to top Go down
8bud

avatar

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-01-23
Age : 45
Location : Salem, NH

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear end   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Sent you a pm, Matt.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

avatar

Posts : 4060
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 24
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear end   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:22 am

bfurches wrote:
supposedly civilian bolt pattern'

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/3153126235.html

I think I head that 2.56 was a 7.5" housing only. I've been ignoring that ad for a while. hmm
Back to top Go down
95brmw

avatar

Posts : 1432
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 33
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear end   Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Then there's this guy:
http://newhaven.craigslist.org/pts/3158839043.html
Back to top Go down
nttyfufu

avatar

Posts : 122
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 36
Location : Wilmington, Ma

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear end   Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Matt I have a 95 9c1 rear end still in my parts car call me if your intrested (404) 226 0256. The car also has a bunch of stuff that I think you might want for your car also.
Back to top Go down
http://s1078.photobucket.com/albums/w495/nttyfufu/
boojum



Posts : 2163
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 30
Location : NH

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear end   Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:38 pm

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/pts/3168210997.html

1996 CHEVY CAPRICE POSI REAR END DRUM BRAKES GREAT SHAPE - $225 (BURLINGTON MA)

I HAVE A COMPLETE DRUM TO DRUM POSI REAR END TOOK OUT OF A 1996 CHEVY CAPRICE OPENED COVER SAYS 14-41 I THINK THE GEARS ARE 293 RATIO GREAT SHAPE BOLT IN AND GO TOOK OUT OF FLORIDA CAR NO ROT SOLID $225 CASH THANKS

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/3153126235.html

10 BOLT,8.5, POSI REAREND,1984 CAPRICE OR PARISIENNE - $300 (DIGHTON ,MA)

TIGHT POSI (safe-t-track) 8.5 REAR END FROM MY 1984 PONTIAC PARISIENNE SEDAN , 2:56 RATIO I THINK , 8.5 INCH RING GEAR , JUST OVER 100K EASY MILES , COMPLETE DRUM TO DRUM .5 lug on 4.75 bolt circle --CALL ME AT 508-----274--7298 ANYTIME THANKS


Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

avatar

Posts : 4060
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 24
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear end   Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:34 pm

95brmw wrote:
Then there's this guy:
http://newhaven.craigslist.org/pts/3158839043.html

Dave, how far are you from that guy? Maybe I could have you go check it out and if it's good grab it for me? I don't want to borrow a truck and make the trip for a rear that isn't worth it. LMK!

nttyfufu wrote:
Matt I have a 95 9c1 rear end still in my parts car call me if your intrested (404) 226 0256. The car also has a bunch of stuff that I think you might want for your car also.

Snooze ya lose, dammit!

boojum wrote:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/pts/3168210997.html

1996 CHEVY CAPRICE POSI REAR END DRUM BRAKES GREAT SHAPE - $225 (BURLINGTON MA)

I HAVE A COMPLETE DRUM TO DRUM POSI REAR END TOOK OUT OF A 1996 CHEVY CAPRICE OPENED COVER SAYS 14-41 I THINK THE GEARS ARE 293 RATIO GREAT SHAPE BOLT IN AND GO TOOK OUT OF FLORIDA CAR NO ROT SOLID $225 CASH THANKS

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/3153126235.html

10 BOLT,8.5, POSI REAREND,1984 CAPRICE OR PARISIENNE - $300 (DIGHTON ,MA)

TIGHT POSI (safe-t-track) 8.5 REAR END FROM MY 1984 PONTIAC PARISIENNE SEDAN , 2:56 RATIO I THINK , 8.5 INCH RING GEAR , JUST OVER 100K EASY MILES , COMPLETE DRUM TO DRUM .5 lug on 4.75 bolt circle --CALL ME AT 508-----274--7298 ANYTIME THANKS



Thank you Jim, but Bill P made a good point that I had really been ignoring, I think I should go with a disc rear, and I can deal with two different bolt patterns for that.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

avatar

Posts : 5081
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear end   Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:54 pm

I've been thinking of taking a look at the Burlington one, it was on there months ago and I figured it sold. Maybe a B4U axle??? Any easy way to tell, measure brakes?
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

avatar

Posts : 4060
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 24
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear end   Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I've been thinking of taking a look at the Burlington one, it was on there months ago and I figured it sold. Maybe a B4U axle??? Any easy way to tell, measure brakes?

Not really sure, I'd go for it but I would rather do the rear disc set up now and have at least a 3.08 gear and worry about building it up later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: WTB Rear end   

Back to top Go down
 
WTB Rear end
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» FODEN REAR SPRINGS
» GN rear window mod
» roadmaster rear 8.5"?
» Rear end Gear ratio's?
» F/S new G body rear springs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: NE marketplace :: Parts for sale or wanted-
Jump to: