BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Cruise control question EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Cruise control question EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Cruise control question EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Cruise control question EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Cruise control question EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Cruise control question EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Cruise control question EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Cruise control question EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Cruise control question EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Cruise control question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bammax

bammax

Cruise control question Empty
PostSubject: Cruise control question   Cruise control question EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:57 pm

I need info on the parts needed to install the factory cruise control into a '96 Cap which already has the stalk and column harness?

I know the control module under the hood and the column harness are the major things, but what info is there about the harness that runs from the column to the module? Is it one harness that runs to the passenger kick panel and over, or are there multiple sections of wiring, or what?
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Cruise control question   Cruise control question EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:07 am

I really don't know and I sold my parts car column to Jason, so I don't think I would be able to trace it through the parts car...someone must know this though...

I ALMOST feel bad about giving you ish over at ISSF for the modual being a 5 minute removal...I did not realize he was going to get you balls deep into everything needed to convert to cruise... Shocked

Doug
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Cruise control question   Cruise control question EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:30 am

no biggy. I was intending to pull it all anyway. Just wasn't planning on doing the wiring crap yet.
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Cruise control question   Cruise control question EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:44 am

I have the dash apart pretty well on the parts car, if you can figure out which harness it is (tell me what color wires) I can trace it from where it plugs into the column to wherever it goes, I just don't have the column so I'm not sure which pigtail it is I need to fallow...

Then again, I have to imagine that GM would have most of that build in even if he did not have the switch on the column...

Doug
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Cruise control question   Cruise control question EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:45 am

My 9C1s don't have the wiring installed. The wires are there in the column and that's it. There are two different style connectors on the column depending on the year. I just hard wired most of it together.

I got from the yard, the module, module connector with about 6" of wire, throttle cable, turn signal, and the column connector.

I think Gary (LS1 MM6) sells a kit with everything you need if you want to make it easy.
Back to top Go down
BoSStonsSS

PostSubject: Re: Cruise control question   Cruise control question EmptyThu May 14, 2009 10:45 am

U DONT NEED CRUISE CONTROL Evil or Very Mad cyclops
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Cruise control question   Cruise control question EmptyFri May 15, 2009 8:41 pm

I got the harness unhooked and it is a royal pain to follow. It runs with the headlight wiring into the driverside kick panel, but it's hard to follow because it is tucked betwwen the firewall and innerfender. From inside the car I can't follow it at all since it's a rats nest of wiring and none of the harnesses have a tag that says cruise. Suprisingly the cruise harness has 8 wires which is more than I expected it to have. I'll post up pics of the connector and harness on the other forum so the kid knows what he should be looking for.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Cruise control question   Cruise control question EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:31 pm

I managed to make more progress in this battle. I have pulled the circuit from the fuseblock and now have a new wire dangling from my dash. The wire of course doesn't go directly to the thing it should go to, but instead snakes up into the dash with 500 other wires in one big bundle of sticky tape. It looks like I need to pull the top of the dash off or the cluster out to follow the wire on its never ending journey.

On the plus side I now have some disconnected wiring on both sides of the firewall that are traveling through the magical world of "where the h*** does this thing go" Suspect

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain. I'll probably sit in the rain and try to follow the harness from the column into the rats nest of rainbow strands that I'm beginning to resent. Maybe if I have three ends to trace from I can find my way to something that resembles not sticky tape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruise control question   Cruise control question Empty

Back to top Go down

Cruise control question
Page 1 of 1