BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 132 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 pm
Latest topics
» Looking for 91-96 RMW for sale
Yesterday at 12:21 pm by Wawa

» HEY HOW AH YAH?
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:35 pm by silverfox103

» WTB: caprice taillights
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:36 pm by fatvet

» Transmission temp sensor help..
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:41 pm by Ironfistdog

» WTB: 235/70/R15 tires
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 pm by demilo

» Triumph C 7000 Lift
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:56 am by demilo

» The SSheriff (1996 9C1)
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:05 am by MASShole9C1

» New Ride, New Forum!
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:47 am by demilo

» 1980 coupe DeVille for sale
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:01 pm by IMPALADAKID

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Fleetwood Dash in a Box?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfurches



Posts : 1061
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 30
Location : Springfield, MA

PostSubject: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:37 pm

I am thinking of converting the entire gut of my car over to black with leather and etc. I have seen some lowrider guys install the older Brougham dashes (91-92 cadi), but I am thinking of installing the 94-96 dash....

http://www.mcsmk8.com/94-CAD/CAR-20.JPG

I think its square enough that it would flow? Thoughts, opinions etc...
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4253
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Do it. Be a pioneer. I'd love to see this work!
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1525
Join date : 2009-01-17
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:33 pm

If it is going in a boxy, you should use the boxy caddy dash. The 93 and up fleetwood uses the same cab forward technology that is found in the 92-96 bbody. It would stuff the dash in your face. If you are just planning on using the face of the dash instead of the entire dash with dash pad it just might work. Good luck

_________________
1980 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. 6.0 87k
2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT 4.3 Aluminum V6 (My daily)
2008 Saab 9.3 convertible (Wife's Daily)
Back to top Go down
bfurches



Posts : 1061
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 30
Location : Springfield, MA

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:47 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
If it is going in a boxy, you should use the boxy caddy dash. The 93 and up fleetwood uses the same cab forward technology that is found in the 92-96 bbody. It would stuff the dash in your face. If you are just planning on using the face of the dash instead of the entire dash with dash pad it just might work. Good luck

Ahh...thanks for pointing that out, I was completely unaware of the forward cab stuff (o have never owned a newer one to play with). If I could find the box cadi dash, that would work too....

Heres an example of it in a coupe:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ryixi9.jpg
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

avatar

Posts : 2132
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 36
Location : Warren, MA

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:51 pm

This was my plan for the wife's box caprice, never got to do it, but it looks f'ing amazing!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

avatar

Posts : 5087
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 36
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Do the box Caddy one, I've always thought that was a beautiful design. The Fleetwood one would be awesome, but like Billy said, you'd have to cut the whole thing off where the defroster vent is and at that point you'd have to probably fiberglass it and all kinds of stuff...but who knows?

The only sucky thing about them (box Caddy) is the sparse gauge selection, but I'm sure you could figure something out in that category considering what you've done before, even though the space is small. I love the later ones with the ridiculous amount of glossy darker "wood"...my 1980 had a lighter more satin finish wood kind of like my '93 Caprice has. If I'm not mistaken, the later cars have those cool idiot lights that appear through the wood across the dash, but when they're off you can't see them!
Back to top Go down
bfurches



Posts : 1061
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 30
Location : Springfield, MA

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Do the box Caddy one, I've always thought that was a beautiful design. The Fleetwood one would be awesome, but like Billy said, you'd have to cut the whole thing off where the defroster vent is and at that point you'd have to probably fiberglass it and all kinds of stuff...but who knows?

The only sucky thing about them (box Caddy) is the sparse gauge selection, but I'm sure you could figure something out in that category considering what you've done before, even though the space is small. I love the later ones with the ridiculous amount of glossy darker "wood"...my 1980 had a lighter more satin finish wood kind of like my '93 Caprice has. If I'm not mistaken, the later cars have those cool idiot lights that appear through the wood across the dash, but when they're off you can't see them!

Pretty slick! I didnt know about the idiot lights....maybe I could hide my shiftlight behind the wood LOL
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

avatar

Posts : 2132
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 36
Location : Warren, MA

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:45 pm

1990 1991 1992 all have the wood lights.

80-90 should fit direct bolt in. You have to change heater box for the climate to work. Lay it low has a full swap guide with wire diagrams and everything!
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

avatar

Posts : 1566
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 33
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Ironfistdog wrote:
1990 1991 1992 all have the wood lights.




..... my favorite part of the interior..... Arrow
Back to top Go down
bfurches



Posts : 1061
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 30
Location : Springfield, MA

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Ironfistdog wrote:
1990 1991 1992 all have the wood lights.

80-90 should fit direct bolt in. You have to change heater box for the climate to work. Lay it low has a full swap guide with wire diagrams and everything!

Heater box? Whats that? haha



For my application it is just cosmetics, so as long as it bolts in (or can be modified to fit), I will be happy.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

avatar

Posts : 5087
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 36
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Isn't 77-79 the same too, or is there something inside I'm unaware of? I know the early ones have a different climate control area for the Comfortron and the radio bezel area has a different size hole in it.

I kind of want to buy one just for the wood lights, lol. I never understood why the older ones had the fuel gauge way up the top in the center either...must've run out of room Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Dash in a Box?   

Back to top Go down
 
Fleetwood Dash in a Box?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Looking for black fleetwood dash pad
» WTB Caprice 9C1/LTZ Dash Bezel
» 96 caddy fleetwood brougham parts NEEDED
» RMXP = TAP, DASH, BLURRR...
» FS: 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham $1,800.00

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: 91-96 B & D-body tech :: Modifications / Performance-
Jump to: