BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Really???????????????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IMPALADAKID
Admin

PostSubject: Really???????????????   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:21 am

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/inside-world-online-retail-warehouse-worker-130235671.html

Watch the whole video, then read my rant.

I am about hard work. I enjoy working, and appreciate having a job. I have worked jobs that are hard work, yet pay lousy. I have worked jobs that are hard, yet pay well. But I am a very firm believer that when you accept a job, you accept the duties for the pay, and have the right to not accept the job based on that. But if you take the job, you are saying this is acceptable for me. Even if it is temporary. I was disgusted by this lady. Just another whiner. If your boss tells you you are slow, pick up the pace and move your ass. You agreed to take the payment for the job, now do your job. If you can't or won't, don't work there. People forget about the little things like health insurance, and paid days off that employers pay for that increases your pay and can save you money. A $15 hour job could actually pay $20 with benefits.
This is not to say that I agree with the employers either. Quite the opposite. I feel that while we as employees are there to do a job and collect pay, the employer should recognize that, and treat employees decent, and with respect. As should the employee to the employer. Because if not for the working person, their job would not get done. At the end of the day, we are trading dollars for time, and some get a better deal than others. But lets face it, when does anyone complain when they make more than their job, or their job skills/ethics are worth? Never! Of course I do not believe in poor treatment of employees by employers.
Bottom line. If you have a job, and can't or won't do it, or you feel you are underpaid, and overworked. Quit! Let someone who can do it have the job, find something else that suits you. But if you plan to keep the job because you feel you have no choice, then do your job, and shut up about it. I think our hard working forefathers with spin in their graves to see how this country has become a nation of whiners.

I have actually told a prospective employer that I was not interested in a job because the pay was far to low for what I was expected to do. But I have never accepted a job, then bitch about my employer. I have discovered things were not as they had appeared, and moved on when I had the chance.

Rant over

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Really???????????????   Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:01 pm

That was ridiculous. It didn't make me mad like the bus monitor video, but seriously...COME ON.

She strikes me as one of those earthy-crunchy scathingly liberal kids who grew up in the lucky sperm club in a suburb and thinks that qualifies her as being socially aware. You know those kids from Marblehead of whatever that you bump into at parties, who look like Russel Brand, that constantly have that bad breath that doesn't smell like weed but more like "old weed smell", kinda like peanut butter and shit mixed together, all on their clothes and everything? Then they try to tell you how Karl Marx was a visonary and this and that? Yeah, that's her.

She's very unprofessional as far as being a reporter goes too. "So yah, you can like, get in trouble, for not doing well enough..." NO FRIGGING SHIT YOU IDIOT! Christ!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Really???????????????   Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:03 pm

I made it 1:35 in before I wanted to hit her with a streetlight. This woman is an uppity, white collar cow. Clearly has never actually worked a day in her life and frankly I'm surprised she was actually able to pack a box without complaining. Oh, wait... But I digress. Anyways. People like her piss me the hell off. First off. People are told what they will be doing before they start the job. If they don't like it, there's the door. I'd write more, but I am literally fuming.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Really???????????????   Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
That was ridiculous. It didn't make me mad like the bus monitor video, but seriously...COME ON.

She strikes me as one of those earthy-crunchy scathingly liberal kids who grew up in the lucky sperm club in a suburb and thinks that qualifies her as being socially aware. You know those kids from Marblehead of whatever that you bump into at parties, who look like Russel Brand, that constantly have that bad breath that doesn't smell like weed but more like "old weed smell", kinda like peanut butter and shit mixed together, all on their clothes and everything? Then they try to tell you how Karl Marx was a visonary and this and that? Yeah, that's her.

She's very unprofessional as far as being a reporter goes too. "So yah, you can like, get in trouble, for not doing well enough..." NO FRIGGING SHIT YOU IDIOT! Christ!

I swear to God, if she said like one more time I was going to pitch an embolism.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Really???????????????   Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:13 pm

You know, I have the problem of saying "like" too much as filler. Most people these days do, in COLLOQUIAL situations. If you're in possession of a job where professional speaking is involved, you DON'T SPEAK THAT WAY.
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Really???????????????   Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:39 am

What pissed me off is that she described most jobs. There is a boss who give you directions, and your expected to do your job. She makes it sound like those things should not happen. Maybe she should try being a roofer over the past three days. With a boss yelling at the workers, and carrying shingles up a ladder while sweat is pouring off their face. It would make her experience there look like a cake walk. Authoritarian? Show me a job that isn't. Is that even a word? Suspect

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really???????????????   Today at 10:58 am

Back to top Go down

Really???????????????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Bad talk-
Jump to: