BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
New Member Impala SS pics EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
New Member Impala SS pics EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
New Member Impala SS pics EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
New Member Impala SS pics EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
New Member Impala SS pics EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
New Member Impala SS pics EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
New Member Impala SS pics EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New Member Impala SS pics

Go down 
+9
96slowss
toomanytoyz
IMPALADAKID
Matt Trakker
cloud 9
sdstick
MASShole9C1
1984twodoor
jamsal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
jamsal

New Member Impala SS pics Empty
PostSubject: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:31 am

My name is James, I met Jackson at Bass Pro. Nice guy!!! Here are some pics.
It is a Canadian model complete with block heater and DRL. It has 373s in the rear, Jegs 2-1/2" exhaust, Comp Cams cc503 cam w/ springs and lifters, custom instrument cluster,
cold air intake. I removed the grey carpet and installed a smoke / black carpet with logo mats. I will post the pics of the instument cluster if anybody wants to see.
New Member Impala SS pics 1001294e
New Member Impala SS pics Imag0177hk
New Member Impala SS pics 1001059e
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:49 am

Very clean car! I like it.

Welcome to Badass! Hope to meet you soon.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Very nice. VERY clean! Welcome to the club. Thats pretty cool that its a Canadian model. Is there a special RPO code for Canada, DRL, and block heater? My '87 Monte has a block heater. I found out 4 years ago when the cord was dragging under the car hahaha. I hope to see more pics, hear more about it (plans and what not), and even more to see it in person soon.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Welcome.
Looks great.
Need some pics of those wheels....eye catching
Keep an eye out for the next meet
Back to top Go down
cloud 9

cloud 9

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Nice Ride.. Welcome. The more the merrier bounce
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Welcome to the forum... Green and white plates kick ass! Cool

I've gotta get down to Bass Pro!
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Sweet car. And you got a green plate to boot. That is cool. I miss having just one plate.

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:06 pm

I tried to get the old green plate that was on the green Impala when I bought it from my father, but the RMV doesn't let you. Mad

However, it makes it easy to find out the kid driving around like he's the man in some flashy car doesn't actually own it when it has one... Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Welcome aboard! Very Happy

Nice looking ride. Very clean! I dig the black wheels.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:11 am

Matt Trakker wrote:

Well, time or his first assed up thread!

Matt if you wanna go down I'll join ya! I've never been, but if it's Wed, Thurs, or Fri night I need a weeks notice to secure the night off from work.

Also, could you use a blue and white plate with a 74 sticker? Or something similar? IDK what the years were for those plates but I think you could apply for a year of manufacture type deal and have the blue/green and white plate with the proper sticker? I've seen the blue and whites being used on older cars so that's what made me think of it.

/assed up thread over
Back to top Go down
96slowss

96slowss

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:16 am

Hey, welcome to the site. I acually talked to u for awhile at the nantasket car show.
Back to top Go down
jamsal

PostSubject: Custom cluster pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Here are some pics i have of the cluster when I built it.

Thanks for the comments, and I look forward to meeting you guys at Bass Pro.
New Member Impala SS pics 1000722z
New Member Impala SS pics 1000723p
New Member Impala SS pics 1000763b
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Man that is so cool looking. If I head down I will be sure to post on the forum that I'm going...may try to make it this week since I'll be out of work early in the morning I think...
Back to top Go down
CrashMaster

CrashMaster

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Hey it's Jackson. Glad you decided to join! Great group of guys here. I know you were interested in the t56 swap so the t56 guru I was telling you about is toomanytoys (crovo). I knew those wheels and the dash would be a huge hit. I will see you at the next bass pro!
Back to top Go down
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:26 pm

That dash cluster is awesome! Nice work.
Back to top Go down
mp775

mp775

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Man that is so cool looking. If I head down I will be sure to post on the forum that I'm going...may try to make it this week since I'll be out of work early in the morning I think...
No cruise at Bass Pro this week; it's every other Thursday.

Club meet-up on the 28th??
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:42 pm

1984twodoor wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

Matt if you wanna go down I'll join ya! I've never been, but if it's Wed, Thurs, or Fri night I need a weeks notice to secure the night off from work.

Also, could you use a blue and white plate with a 74 sticker? Or something similar? IDK what the years were for those plates but I think you could apply for a year of manufacture type deal and have the blue/green and white plate with the proper sticker? I've seen the blue and whites being used on older cars so that's what made me think of it.

/assed up thread over

Haha- Matt, the blue letters on white plates were used up until 1973. I have one in my collection. They used the same stampings as the green and white ones, just different colors and arrangements of letters/numbers. In '74 they went to a red digit on white background (I think the may have introduced them a couple years earlier to use alongside the blue number ones), I have a mint unused one of those with a "low numbah" in my glove compartment in case I do the YOM registration. I've just never checked the number. Supposedly, even if a low number is in use on a regular MA registration, someone else can use the SAME number on an old YOM plate for an antique car registration at the same time, as long as someone else hasn't already registered the same number under YOM. But, there are some less than intelligent people working at the RMV here and there, and I'm sure one of them will be like "YAH UH, YAH CAAAAHN'T USE DAT PLATE DEAH, S'ON A 1992 NISSAN SENTRA AHHTA LOWELL..", or something to that effect, and say I can't use it.
Also, you don't need to put the new sticker on a YOM plate if you don't want to, but I'm sure you may get pulled over and have to present the sticker to the officer, which you would keep in the glove compartment.

If anyone ever wants to see a lot of real blue and white plates as well as red ones the movie The Friends of Eddie Coyle has a ton of them clearly visible, a lot are low numbers and I bet that's how they got in the movie. Somebody probably knew somebody else...lol.

Sorry for the thread assing...lol
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:51 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:

/assed up thread over

Haha- Matt, the blue letters on white plates were used up until 1973. I have one in my collection. They used the same stampings as the green and white ones, just different colors and arrangements of letters/numbers. In '74 they went to a red digit on white background (I think the may have introduced them a couple years earlier to use alongside the blue number ones), I have a mint unused one of those with a "low numbah" in my glove compartment in case I do the YOM registration. I've just never checked the number. Supposedly, even if a low number is in use on a regular MA registration, someone else can use the SAME number on an old YOM plate for an antique car registration at the same time, as long as someone else hasn't already registered the same number under YOM. But, there are some less than intelligent people working at the RMV here and there, and I'm sure one of them will be like "YAH UH, YAH CAAAAHN'T USE DAT PLATE DEAH, S'ON A 1992 NISSAN SENTRA AHHTA LOWELL..", or something to that effect, and say I can't use it.
Also, you don't need to put the new sticker on a YOM plate if you don't want to, but I'm sure you may get pulled over and have to present the sticker to the officer, which you would keep in the glove compartment.

If anyone ever wants to see a lot of real blue and white plates as well as red ones the movie The Friends of Eddie Coyle has a ton of them clearly visible, a lot are low numbers and I bet that's how they got in the movie. Somebody probably knew somebody else...lol.

Sorry for the thread assing...lol

Let the assing keep on...assing scratch

Thanks for the info Matt! I have a Green and White vanity with my gramndfathers last name (not mine of course Rolling Eyes ) I would love to use with an 87 sticker or something, THAT would be nice. Front bumper with no bracket looks great! I love you
Back to top Go down
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:41 pm

I could be wrong, but I thought in mass the only way you could use the vintage plates was if they were old enough to have the year stamped into them, and you had to have the matching pair. Like these-
New Member Impala SS pics Car_st20
OK, I'm done assing up the thread, too. Awesome car James, and welcome to the club. BTW I had the jegs exhaust on my 9c1 semi-clone and I loved the sound.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 pm

[thread jack] I've got some 70's or 80's or both, MA ambulance plates and blue/white official plates somewhere.[/thread jack]
Back to top Go down
8bud

8bud

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:22 pm

New Member Impala SS pics Car_st21
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:00 am

[assing cont'd.]
I've seen many cars with the post-1966 labeled number plates using a YOM registration, a lot of blue digit ones! There's a guy in a C3 Vette that has "000-000"...LOL
They came in pairs, but you only need to have one plate. They just say put the sticker on the plate, or keep it in the glovebox if you don't want to. That's according to their website the last time I checked, anyway.

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/forms/20132.pdf

I guess I was wrong about the red letter plates, they came out in '72, this was filmed late that year:

New Member Impala SS pics I313214

New Member Impala SS pics I313144

New Member Impala SS pics I312753

New Member Impala SS pics I313198

We should really have a license plate thread. geek
Nice collection, I've got a bunch I need to hang back up since I moved. Even a few MBTA ones... Smile

On the original topic, I certainly hope to see this car and it's 3D in appearance gauge cluster at a Badass meet!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:04 am

Surprised So sorry to keep assing BUT

I was behind a SWEET 67 Camaro convertible an hour ago tonight with Blue letter plates. No sticker on them! Arrow
Back to top Go down
SS Impala Nitrous

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:51 pm

That is a sick SS Impala brother and just so so clean and from Canada. The darker rug is a great I think it sets the seats and console off. Want to say the cluster is just off the hook wish I had it ! Glad you are a member of Bad Ass of N.E. Last thing I have to say is the GREEN plate fits your car as it is MONEY !!!! elephant

95 SS Impala Twisted Evil
71 Cuda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member Impala SS pics   New Member Impala SS pics Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member Impala SS pics
Page 1 of 1