BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Do I sell or part out EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Do I sell or part out EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Do I sell or part out EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Do I sell or part out EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Do I sell or part out EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Do I sell or part out EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Do I sell or part out EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Do I sell or part out EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Do I sell or part out EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do I sell or part out

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
twotonsofsteel

Do I sell or part out Empty
PostSubject: Do I sell or part out   Do I sell or part out EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:32 pm

OK I have a HUGE Commute 5 days a week and I was just given a 2002 PT Cruiser for free with 80K on it. The wagon gets approx 16MPG this will get 25 and has about 100k less on it, and its FREE!

Since the Caprice I really want is an early 70s I am not emotional attached to this one and its time to go. It is a solid daily driver with 171k.

The bad - dented hood, broken grill, scratched up bumper, rusty not rusted through drivers door, needs a pass side intermediate pipe, needs new front shocks and alignment & slow drivers window but I have new motor.

The good - Feb 2011 new plugs, wires, opti, water pump, electric fan ipo mech & coil. Last summer got a new radiator and upper ball joints. This winter it got new cargo springs in the rear and coil over assit shocks, an alternator & a new heater core. The rear tires are nice lots of tread the fronts I just noticed the need for an alignment after a 1400 mile road trip ruined the front tires. I have a new window motor for drivers door. Two months ago I put in 2 new Walker Quiet Flow Mufflers. I have but not installed yet a set of Innovative Wirings (Gary's) Battery Cables.

The question is do I sell it as is and be done? If so what could I get? Maybe part it out? I am so confused
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Do I sell or part out   Do I sell or part out EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:11 pm

Save it for when the pt breaks, trust me.. And start saving for when you get the timing belt done
Back to top Go down
M.ROSS

M.ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Do I sell or part out   Do I sell or part out EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:02 am

I agree . If it's registered and not much to insure keep it for backup.
Doesn't sound like it needs much work .
Having said all that if you do part out i'm interested in those batt cables.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Do I sell or part out   Do I sell or part out EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:54 am

I would keep it. My in laws have a PT, got rid of there pickup(2nd car) Since January they've dropped about $3k on it. Be ready to replace all the sensors, the front skid plate/engine mounts, timing chain etc. They bought it new, so. My rule of thumb is high mileage equals lots of stuff has been replaced/fixed already. Low mileage equals wish you had a warranty...
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Do I sell or part out   Do I sell or part out EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:33 pm

All you need to know is this- A PT Cruiser is a Dodge Neon with a flat load floor and different body that allows almost no access to around the engine compartment compared to a regular Neon...they suck to work on....and how many people do you know that have had a good experience with a Neon? Probably none...unless maybe it was an SRT-4 ACR package, and even then they came with front power windows and crank back windows. Very Happy

I'd keep the Caprice on the back burner because it will still be handy, and if the PT acts up you'll have it around...plus you'll be able to weigh your options with the PT since it was free and it's no big deal if you have to get rid of it or something. Arrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do I sell or part out   Do I sell or part out Empty

Back to top Go down

Do I sell or part out
Page 1 of 1