BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 132 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 pm
Latest topics
» 96 SS console, shifter, cable, brackets
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:35 am by No Moa

» Lots of 77-79 B-body Parts New and Used
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 pm by Rossj

» Pictures from the 2017 Roundup
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:00 pm by Big Wagon Guy

» Brake line size help
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 pm by 1984twodoor

» Surprise Surprise!
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:17 pm by Big Wagon Guy

» 1980 Coupe De Ville
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 pm by IMPALADAKID

» 2017 10th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 am by Big Wagon Guy

» Frame
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:26 pm by MASShole9C1

» Random parts for sale
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 pm by sdstick

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Need an AC compressor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chapel

avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 36
Location : Salem MA

PostSubject: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 7:25 am

Mine died with a bang over the weekend Sad
Back to top Go down
chapel

avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 36
Location : Salem MA

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 9:31 am

Back to top Go down
boojum



Posts : 2167
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 30
Location : NH

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 10:15 am

Advance Auto has one that you can get for $150 with a discount code.
Back to top Go down
chapel

avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 36
Location : Salem MA

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 10:25 am

really? slick. thanks
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2009-01-17
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 10:36 am


_________________
1980 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. 6.0 87k
2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT 4.3 Aluminum V6 (My daily)
2008 Saab 9.3 convertible (Wife's Daily)


Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Mon May 14, 2012 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chapel

avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 36
Location : Salem MA

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 10:37 am

what's the best code to try?
that MY30 one? anything better?
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2009-01-17
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 10:41 am

chapel wrote:
what's the best code to try?
that MY30 one? anything better?
Order online, choose the "Pick up at store" option, and bring your old one, and get $10 core charge back. Should bring it down to $154.99

_________________
1980 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. 6.0 87k
2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT 4.3 Aluminum V6 (My daily)
2008 Saab 9.3 convertible (Wife's Daily)
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

avatar

Posts : 1691
Join date : 2009-03-12
Age : 46
Location : Southern, NH

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
chapel wrote:
what's the best code to try?
that MY30 one? anything better?
Order online, choose the "Pick up at store" option, and bring your old one, and get $10 core charge back. Should bring it down to $154.99

Should we trust you? scratch I see you only have 42 posts study
Back to top Go down
No Moa

avatar

Posts : 3890
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 45
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 12:36 pm

No
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 30
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 12:56 pm

V8Killer wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
chapel wrote:
what's the best code to try?
that MY30 one? anything better?
Order online, choose the "Pick up at store" option, and bring your old one, and get $10 core charge back. Should bring it down to $154.99

Should we trust you? scratch I see you only have 42 posts study

I mean really, look at this D-bag, "admin" tags and a bolded username. What a dork. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
95brmw

avatar

Posts : 1433
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 33
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Use code VISA at advance and get $50 off.
Back to top Go down
chapel

avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 36
Location : Salem MA

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 1:48 pm

awesome, thanks. ordered
Back to top Go down
No Moa

avatar

Posts : 3890
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 45
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
I mean really, look at this D-bag, "admin" tags and a bolded username. What a dork. Rolling Eyes

Its not who you know, its who you ....... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
IMPALADAKID
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2009-01-17
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 5:26 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
V8Killer wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
chapel wrote:
what's the best code to try?
that MY30 one? anything better?
Order online, choose the "Pick up at store" option, and bring your old one, and get $10 core charge back. Should bring it down to $154.99

Should we trust you? scratch I see you only have 42 posts study

I mean really, look at this D-bag, "admin" tags and a bolded username. What a dork. Rolling Eyes
I mean really, to post such nice things about the guy who controls the ban button? And I am closer to it now. LOL Razz

_________________
1980 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. 6.0 87k
2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT 4.3 Aluminum V6 (My daily)
2008 Saab 9.3 convertible (Wife's Daily)
Back to top Go down
No Moa

avatar

Posts : 3890
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 45
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 8:06 pm

elephant
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
chapel

avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 36
Location : Salem MA

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Anyone have the electric fan setup? I'd like to do both at the same time. Looks like I need to remove the mechanical fan to get to the compressor?
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 8:48 pm

chapel wrote:
Anyone have the electric fan setup? I'd like to do both at the same time. Looks like I need to remove the mechanical fan to get to the compressor?
I believe SS impala nitrous has a fan setup for sale. To swap from mechanical fan, I also believe you have to mess around with the underhoid fuse box by adding the relay and such. I'm sure theres more to it. Mike(96slowss) had a friend also named Mike, who was doing the swap in his B4U Caprice.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

avatar

Posts : 1433
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 33
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 11:45 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
chapel wrote:
Anyone have the electric fan setup? I'd like to do both at the same time. Looks like I need to remove the mechanical fan to get to the compressor?
I believe SS impala nitrous has a fan setup for sale. To swap from mechanical fan, I also believe you have to mess around with the underhoid fuse box by adding the relay and such. I'm sure theres more to it. Mike(96slowss) had a friend also named Mike, who was doing the swap in his B4U Caprice.

I did the swap on my RMW. Replaced the mechanical fan with a primary electric one off a Caprice and wired it using Gary's kit (Gary's innovative wiring). You'll need 2 or 3 shorter bolts for the water pump once you get rid of the bracket. I bought a set of grade 8 bolts off the SS forum, but you could get them from a car in the yard with electric fans. I don't recall what length they were.
Back to top Go down
chapel

avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2011-01-28
Age : 36
Location : Salem MA

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Mon May 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Can i run without the mechanical fan or will I overheat?
Back to top Go down
sdstick

avatar

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   Tue May 15, 2012 5:59 am


_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Need an AC compressor   

Back to top Go down
 
Need an AC compressor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» F/S Dewalt 15 gal upright compressor***************SOLD*************
» Which Mini Air Compressor?
» Silent compressor
» KiloTango's OnBoard Air from Stock 05' TJ Air Conditioning Compressor
» compressor for cox radial

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: NE marketplace :: Parts for sale or wanted-
Jump to: