BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» Tee shirts and shit for the roundup?
Today at 9:24 am by MalibuSSwagon

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Yesterday at 6:52 am by silverfox103

» 95 9C1
Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:45 pm by Matt Trakker

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:07 pm by MASShole9C1

» For all B-bodies
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:59 am by sdstick

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Jumping the Buick

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SPCS



Posts : 122
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 38
Location : Stuttgart, Germany

PostSubject: Jumping the Buick   Tue May 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Most of you probably know this, but it is just too good to not be brought up every now and then. Yeah, I know, these guys are highly irresponsible and they cannot spell Le Sabre properly, but still... what a testimony to the capabilitys of the old B-Body.

Back to top Go down
http://www.oldschoolcustoms.de
Ironfistdog



Posts : 2124
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 35
Location : Warren, MA

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Tue May 08, 2012 6:25 pm

SPCS wrote:
Most of you probably know this, but it is just too good to not be brought up every now and then. Yeah, I know, these guys are highly irresponsible and they cannot spell Le Sabre properly, but still... what a testimony to the capabilitys of the old B-Body. H-body

Fixed!

Reminds me of my teenage years in my buddy's Chrysler K, and a few other pos cars we had hahahahahaha!


Last edited by Ironfistdog on Tue May 08, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Tue May 08, 2012 6:30 pm

I love this video. So so much.

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Tue May 08, 2012 6:44 pm

i want to own that car, right be fore they jump it though...
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Tue May 08, 2012 10:39 pm

My favorite B-body testament




Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1



Posts : 4210
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Wed May 09, 2012 12:42 am

Matt Trakker wrote:
My favorite B-body testament





!!!Thread jack alert!!! Soooo, why is traffic on the highway traveling on the wrong sides? Correct me if Im wrong.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Wed May 09, 2012 12:59 am

Because William Friedkin is out of his mind and figured the subconscious confusion created by such a sight would add to the tension of the scene, so I've heard. Pretty much every car chase that guy choreographed in his films he did without some permissions, lol. I forget what they did exactly for that one, but I do know that in just about every part of the chase, the actual actors were in the car, not dedicated stunt drivers! I think the only special effects were a part where it appears the Impala is on some kind of a swivel thing to make it appear to be fishtailing, and another part where the Malibus have special round movie-use non-glare headlights instead of actual square factory ones. scratch

False thread jack alarm, btw...s'totally relevant to the thread subject mattah. Just like the last times people posted the Buick jump vid!
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1



Posts : 4210
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Wed May 09, 2012 1:05 am

Matt Trakker wrote:
Because William Friedkin is out of his mind and figured the subconscious confusion created by such a sight would add to the tension of the scene, so I've heard. Pretty much every car chase that guy choreographed in his films he did without some permissions, lol. I forget what they did exactly for that one, but I do know that in just about every part of the chase, the actual actors were in the car, not dedicated stunt drivers! I think the only special effects were a part where it appears the Impala is on some kind of a swivel thing to make it appear to be fishtailing, and another part where the Malibus have special round movie-use non-glare headlights instead of actual square factory ones. scratch

False thread jack alarm, btw...s'totally relevant to the thread subject mattah. Just like the last times people posted the Buick jump vid!

Ahh. That explains it. Makes sense. I can sleep now. I did notice the over exaggerated fish tailing and the out of place headlights. They looked like chrysler new yorkers with the headlight covers. Was the idea to make them look more ominous and to set them aside from the innocent bystanders and town folk on the roads? That is a great movie tho.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Wed May 09, 2012 1:45 am



People always rant and rave about Ronin, which is another movie I love, but this movie did the wrong way chase first, lol.

This shot is my favorite ones, it's like those 2 cars crash, then almost hit the camera. If you look close you can see the Dodge truck attached to the tractor trailer by a chain, I guess that's how they must have got it to jackknife across the lanes of traffic Shocked



They even made the Grand Marquis have that strange 80s Ford/Lincoln engine sound like it's supposed to...
I know of a couple different movies where those fake headlights were put in to reduce glare (I guess they don't have to do it anymore with special effects and different filming techniques???)



Ok now it's threadjacked... Laughing
Back to top Go down
SPCS



Posts : 122
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 38
Location : Stuttgart, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Wed May 09, 2012 2:27 am

Ironfistdog wrote:
SPCS wrote:
Most of you probably know this, but it is just too good to not be brought up every now and then. Yeah, I know, these guys are highly irresponsible and they cannot spell Le Sabre properly, but still... what a testimony to the capabilitys of the old B-Body. H-body

Fixed!

I'd say that's a pre-1986 Le Sabre, which would make it a B-Body, not an H-Body. I could be wrong. I'm not too good at correctly identifying Le Sabre model years while they're jumping past me... Anybody knows for sure, tell me how!
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldschoolcustoms.de
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Wed May 09, 2012 5:13 pm

That's definitely a B-body LeSabre coupe in the original post. It's an 84-85 model. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID
Admin


Posts : 1504
Join date : 2009-01-17
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Wed May 09, 2012 5:17 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
My favorite B-body testament




The greatest police chase ever. cheers

_________________
1994 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Woody Wagon. (My toy)
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2WD 2WT RCSB 4.3 ALLOY V6 (My daily)
1994 BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 I6 (My flip car that turned into wife's toy)
2007 Pontiac G6 VL 2.4 I4 (Wife's Daily)
Back to top Go down
SS Impala Nitrous



Posts : 75
Join date : 2012-04-29
Location : Johnston, RI

PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Thu May 10, 2012 10:20 pm

That was just nuts but I love it watched it over 10 times . NICE

95 SS Impala
71 Cuda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Jumping the Buick   Today at 11:38 am

Back to top Go down
 
Jumping the Buick
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» FOR SALE: LAB 96 buick sedan. Cheap
» 1995 buick roadmaster $10,000
» 1995 buick roadmaster
» F/S 95 Buick Roadmaster Sedan
» Skate Parks Location (For bashing? Jumping? Doing crazy stuffs" :D )

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Bad talk-
Jump to: