BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
I hate mice more now than ever EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
I hate mice more now than ever EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
I hate mice more now than ever EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
I hate mice more now than ever EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
I hate mice more now than ever EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
I hate mice more now than ever EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
I hate mice more now than ever EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
I hate mice more now than ever EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
I hate mice more now than ever EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

I hate mice more now than ever

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
95brmw

95brmw

I hate mice more now than ever Empty
PostSubject: I hate mice more now than ever   I hate mice more now than ever EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:58 am

Ever since I got my 9C1 it has been a battle with mice living in its blower box. Most of the time it was just an inconvience like plugging up the vents or stopping the motor from spinning. The very worst was the blower resistor rotted from the moisture and the blower wouldn't run. I would set traps and kill one a day for a week until I thought I was done, then more would come back weeks later. Well now they finally caused some serious damage.

The car had been sitting for almost 2 weeks since I went to Daytona for wagonfest and this morning was the first day I drove it. Not far down the road the smoke starts pouring out of the vents and the cowl under the windshield. I turn it around and barely get home before I could not keep my eyes open from the fumes and smoke (this is with the windows down)
Smoke dies down, and I start pulling the blower motor to see what was smoldering or burning. As I'm fighting a screw, the smoke unleashes and I see orange in the upper part of the dash. I open the glove box to see flames coming from the top of the air box! I grab the hose, and break the glove box off to get some room and soak the shit out of it. A few minutes later it start smoking more and find a small fire in the very back of the box that the melted plastic was hiding. Break a hole in the melted mess and flood it some more. Soak down the underside of the dash and air bag (it was very hot to the touch and smoking). This could have been much worse if I had not brought the hose out a few weeks ago during the warm spell we had here, probably would have been a total loss. Here's some pics.

I hate mice more now than ever Itburns
I hate mice more now than ever P1000483
I hate mice more now than ever P1000485
I hate mice more now than ever P1000486
I hate mice more now than ever P1000487

And after all that she still runs and drives, gotta love B-bodies!
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: I hate mice more now than ever   I hate mice more now than ever EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:15 am

Well THAT sucks...little bastids.

Sure it coulda been worse, like a...

jump outta the car & watch it burn type ending......

or a...

mouse runs up your leg as he tries to escape the blaze and you lose control type ending.

but thats still pretty nasty.

Hopefully you can R&R it.
Amount of work required = big suc.
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: I hate mice more now than ever   I hate mice more now than ever EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:49 am

Yeah, not fun. I had wanted to do the roadmaster climate conversion on this car, guess I have the perfect excuse to do it now as most of the vac lines are melted and I would need to replace the ducts anyhow. What really makes me laugh about this is last week the parts Caprice finally got hauled off to the yard but I left all the ducts and related crap in there figuring I would never need it again Surprised
I guess tonight I'll start drying it out and tearing the dash apart to see how bad it is where I can't see.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: I hate mice more now than ever   I hate mice more now than ever EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:30 pm

WOW. Coulda been worse though! Good luck with the R&R there. I have to clean my airbox in the white Caprice.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: I hate mice more now than ever   I hate mice more now than ever EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Shocked

SHEET! That efin sucks! Glad you're ok and no cars burned to the ground though! hopefully the mice all burned to death too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hate mice more now than ever   I hate mice more now than ever EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:35 pm

That really sucks. I wish I had a parts car. I would donate everything you needed to fix that. Mad
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I hate mice more now than ever   I hate mice more now than ever EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Damn Dave, that really sucks. Sad

Stupid mice.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: I hate mice more now than ever   I hate mice more now than ever EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Well, a little good news. I called the guy who picked up the shell of my parts caprice and he didn't haul it to the yard yet! cheers Now I can go and grab the seemingly useless at the time parts off it and should have my be back in business with some work (I hope)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate mice more now than ever   I hate mice more now than ever Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate mice more now than ever
Page 1 of 1