BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Today at 11:21 am by No Moa

» For all B-bodies
Today at 10:48 am by No Moa

» 95 9C1
Yesterday at 8:55 am by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Yesterday at 6:49 am by bowtiepimp

» Charcoal gray Bonneville seats
Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:14 pm by Matt Trakker

» Tee shirts and shit for the roundup?
Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:24 am by MalibuSSwagon

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
October 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Your biggest OOF moment of the day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:36 am

I figured I would start a thread about your biggest screw up of the day! Not necessarily an everday post situation, well, unless you actually do make a mistake each day LOL.


Let me start with mine:


The cougar was running rough all morning so I decided to clean the MAF sensor as this was the problem 6 months ago with the car. I took it out cleaned it up let it dry, hit it again and put it back in the car. I decided to let it dry some more after I got the filter back on and went in the house for a bit. Go out to the car start it up and I still have a CEL so I said screw it and drove to autozone to have the code read/erased. On my way there I started freaking the hell out when I had ZERO throttle response half way to the store. I thought the worst had finally happened and my tranny was about to take a S$*T on me. then I realized something important....


IDIOT! Pull over and open the hood, guess what Mr. Idiot forgot to plug back in Surprised

Plug in the MAF sensor and whaddaya know, runs great now what a stupid mistake.

Just thought I'd share. Do you have anything stupid you want to share Wink
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp



Posts : 1563
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 31
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 am

..... I showed up to tow a guy yesterday...... says his jeep makes a funny noise in reverse so he wants it towed and not to drive it.
I back it up slightly notice the sound and stop.... hmmmmmmmmmm..... They guy is instant that I dont drive it. I continue to load the jeep with my cable. I act like im having a little trouble, so he gets impatient and goes inside. I stop get back inside the jeep look down and took it out of 4x4 low....... D'Oh!........ apparently the guy lives on a hill off a dirt road in the woods and never used his 4wd!

So I towed his jeep 45 miles to a dealership with nothing wrong but his own stupidity.I I love you people



..... also towed a lady last week cause hear brakes made a clicking noise when she jambed on the pedal to stop. Her front bumper scraped the curb. I drive her subaru on my truck drive, drive it off no problem.......The sound she heard was her ABS kicking in while she was pressing the brakes n gas at the same time trying to stop.... yeah she was like 80 ........



......... Been thinking bout putting a short bus cab on my flat bed.... Razz
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:16 am

Ya...I probably wont have any material to post here...cuz...you know... Cool

I'll need to go Chris's route & keep an eye out for OTHER peoples "moments" Smile

As I'm typing this I'm wondering what curse of stoopidity I've just unleashed. scratch

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:07 am

bowtiepimp wrote:
..... I showed up to tow a guy yesterday...... says his jeep makes a funny noise in reverse so he wants it towed and not to drive it.
I back it up slightly notice the sound and stop.... hmmmmmmmmmm..... They guy is instant that I dont drive it. I continue to load the jeep with my cable. I act like im having a little trouble, so he gets impatient and goes inside. I stop get back inside the jeep look down and took it out of 4x4 low....... D'Oh!........ apparently the guy lives on a hill off a dirt road in the woods and never used his 4wd!

So I towed his jeep 45 miles to a dealership with nothing wrong but his own stupidity.I I love you people



..... also towed a lady last week cause hear brakes made a clicking noise when she jambed on the pedal to stop. Her front bumper scraped the curb. I drive her subaru on my truck drive, drive it off no problem.......The sound she heard was her ABS kicking in while she was pressing the brakes n gas at the same time trying to stop.... yeah she was like 80 ........



......... Been thinking bout putting a short bus cab on my flat bed.... Razz

I have a feeling you'll have some great ones from working there! Arrow

sdstick wrote:
Ya...I probably wont have any material to post here...cuz...you know... Cool

I'll need to go Chris's route & keep an eye out for OTHER peoples "moments" Smile

As I'm typing this I'm wondering what curse of stoopidity I've just unleashed. scratch

Not sure but once you say ^ that something dumb is bound to happen
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1



Posts : 4210
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:07 am

Hmm, one of my more "thank god" moments, was when I was pulling out of the driveway last summer in the 9C1 and the steering was soooo sluggish I was like "WHAT NOW!?". I forgot to put the serpentine belt back on after replacing the tensioner lol. Whew
Back to top Go down
fatvet



Posts : 200
Join date : 2009-02-19
Age : 43
Location : Suffield, CT

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:56 pm

I started a thread like this on the big forum, got some nice replies.....

mine was ARMORAL on the FRIGGIN GAS and BRAKE pedals..... Rolling Eyes geek

You will only do that to yourself ONCE !!!

-ALF out....
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2386222
94classicss



Posts : 121
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 29
Location : foxboro,ma

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 pm

when i worked at a car was i used to have to explain atleast 3 time a week to a customer why i cant spray there rubber floor mats,steering wheel, or pedals. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1



Posts : 4210
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:51 pm

94classicss wrote:
when i worked at a car was i used to have to explain atleast 3 time a week to a customer why i cant spray there rubber floor mats,steering wheel, or pedals. Rolling Eyes

LOL, not me tho... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
95brmw



Posts : 1423
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 32
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:45 pm

After doing an opti cap and rotor and WP on one of my LT1s the car started right up but idled weird. I realized I forgot to hook up the wires on the DS of the opti after I took them off to put the air pump junk back in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6859
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:54 pm

95brmw wrote:
to put the air pump junk back in Very Happy

That was the real "OOF" moment of that day... Wink


_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
95brmw



Posts : 1423
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 32
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:56 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
95brmw wrote:
to put the air pump junk back in Very Happy

That was the real "OOF" moment of that day... Wink


I have grown wiser since. CT doesn't care about that junk cheers
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:32 pm

95brmw wrote:
After doing an opti cap and rotor and WP on one of my LT1s the car started right up but idled weird. I realized I forgot to hook up the wires on the DS of the opti after I took them off to put the air pump junk back in Very Happy

Sounds like the time Bfurches and I did the intake manifold gaskets on my wagon. Started it up CEL came on cleared about halfway home.Got to a light. Stalled out CEL came back on for vac leak. Did it for two more days. He comes over, half hour of going over the car. We forget to plug the MAP line in Embarassed
Back to top Go down
mikiehews



Posts : 372
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 41
Location : brockton

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:03 pm

not sure if I should be laughing about my last "oof" moment. Last tuesday I had the day off so I decided to replace my leaking pinion seal. After backing the purpala onto ramps and only chaulking the front of the front wheel. I dropped the driveshaft forgetting that theres nothing to stop the car from rolling backwards. See where this is going?!. I crawled under and glanced over to notice the rear wheel rolling back!!! I never moved soo fast in my life. I barely made in out front under the car before in fell. No damage to me or the car except I may have taken a few years off my life!


Lesson learned!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:28 pm

fatvet wrote:
I started a thread like this on the big forum, got some nice replies.....

mine was ARMORAL on the FRIGGIN GAS and BRAKE pedals..... Rolling Eyes geek

You will only do that to yourself ONCE !!!

-ALF out....

Been there Rolling Eyes definitely only a one time thing!

mikiehews wrote:
not sure if I should be laughing about my last "oof" moment. Last tuesday I had the day off so I decided to replace my leaking pinion seal. After backing the purpala onto ramps and only chaulking the front of the front wheel. I dropped the driveshaft forgetting that theres nothing to stop the car from rolling backwards. See where this is going?!. I crawled under and glanced over to notice the rear wheel rolling back!!! I never moved soo fast in my life. I barely made in out front under the car before in fell. No damage to me or the car except I may have taken a few years off my life!


Lesson learned!

Shocked woah! Glad you're still here! elephant
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5068
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:32 am

fatvet wrote:
I started a thread like this on the big forum, got some nice replies.....

mine was ARMORAL on the FRIGGIN GAS and BRAKE pedals..... Rolling Eyes geek

You will only do that to yourself ONCE !!!

-ALF out....

That's why I use 303...lol. I still don't put it on the mats though. I remember my dad putting the old terrible 80s STP Son of a Gun or whatever it was on his KRACO maroon floor mats in his Bronco, and seeing them go flying out of the side door of the truck when he stepped on them to get in...
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5068
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:38 am

mikiehews wrote:
not sure if I should be laughing about my last "oof" moment. Last tuesday I had the day off so I decided to replace my leaking pinion seal. After backing the purpala onto ramps and only chaulking the front of the front wheel. I dropped the driveshaft forgetting that theres nothing to stop the car from rolling backwards. See where this is going?!. I crawled under and glanced over to notice the rear wheel rolling back!!! I never moved soo fast in my life. I barely made in out front under the car before in fell. No damage to me or the car except I may have taken a few years off my life!


Lesson learned!

Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1



Posts : 4210
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:21 am

Didnt work Matt
Back to top Go down
94classicss



Posts : 121
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 29
Location : foxboro,ma

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:45 pm

i lost the 1/4 die for my double flaring kit with only 2 lines left to flare so i cut the lines a little longer than i needed put a quick single flare on them just to get it together and out of the driveway........then completely forgot about it untill yesterday. There not leaking but im glad i remembered before it was on the road

Anyone near foxboro have a double flaring kit i can borrow?
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1



Posts : 4210
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Yes, but you'd have to come get it. Ive gotta dig it up for ya.
Back to top Go down
94classicss



Posts : 121
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 29
Location : foxboro,ma

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:56 pm

awesome let me know when ya dig it up. No rush though with all this wonderful snow i dont feel like crawling around in it
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1



Posts : 4210
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Gotcha. I replied to your FB if its easier communicating there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Your biggest OOF moment of the day   Today at 3:11 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Your biggest OOF moment of the day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» A Moment of Clarity
» Melting Moment Cookies
» Latest Naruto Shippuden episode's Naruhina moment
» Favourite funny moment
» Hinata in danger: the reason for the next NaruHina moment?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Bad talk-
Jump to: