BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Gone but not soon Forgotten

Go down 
+4
Cadet57
sdstick
1984twodoor
LandMaster
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LandMaster

LandMaster

Gone but not soon Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Welp it only took a month but As of yesterday, My Roadie was officially totaled out. Some teenie bopper in an expedition didnt want to wait ten minutes and ran a light t boned me and launched me into a culvert(she was probably going about 60 ish). I didn't pay much for the car but damn I did not wanna let it go ever... I'll be in another bowtie soon but I have to get a dumper for now. I'll continue to lurk the forum at odd hours. What a Face if any one finds a dirt cheap 9C1 or a boxy(reaaaallly want one) send it my way, I miss my v8 and plush seats already No But I can honestly say a B-body saved my life. I would not be here if it were my other car. Thanks for reading Gents,
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:31 am

LandMaster wrote:
Welp it only took a month but As of yesterday, My Roadie was officially totaled out. Some teenie bopper in an expedition didnt want to wait ten minutes and ran a light t boned me and launched me into a culvert(she was probably going about 60 ish). I didn't pay much for the car but damn I did not wanna let it go ever... I'll be in another bowtie soon but I have to get a dumper for now. I'll continue to lurk the forum at odd hours. What a Face if any one finds a dirt cheap 9C1 or a boxy(reaaaallly want one) send it my way, I miss my v8 and plush seats already No But I can honestly say a B-body saved my life. I would not be here if it were my other car. Thanks for reading Gents,

Boy can I F*(@*@)(G relate to you! Too bad you can't save it Surprised Sad

You'll LOVE a boxy if you do get one BTW! Arrow
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:46 am

Hadnt heard.
Glad your alright.
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:36 am

1984twodoor wrote:
LandMaster wrote:

Tell me about it I knew it was gunna be totaled but the buy back was rediculously high, But I test drove a boy not long ago and an older impala like Matts, they don't have the same creature comforts but they feel like more of a car almost, i deffinily like the ride and it would give me a reason to clean up one of my old Holley's
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:08 am

LandMaster wrote:
...... But I test drove a boy not long ago ......

I beg your pardon?... Shocked

Ummm...X & Y are quite distant....
even w/ chromosones....
but mixing them up could cause test drives like that ^^ above to occur Razz
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:35 am

LandMaster wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
LandMaster wrote:

Tell me about it I knew it was gunna be totaled but the buy back was rediculously high, But I test drove a boy not long ago and an older impala like Matts, they don't have the same creature comforts but they feel like more of a car almost, i deffinily like the ride and it would give me a reason to clean up one of my old Holley's

sdstick wrote:

LandMaster wrote:
...... But I test drove a boy not long ago ......

I beg your pardon?... Shocked

Ummm...X & Y are quite distant....
even w/ chromosones....
but mixing them up could cause test drives like that ^^ above to occur Razz

Haha! Razz

Well, Don't expect that lame oh five to be your old LT-1 but I hope you already know the seat of the pants difference will be! Clean up that holley and bolt it to a 350 or 383 then put that in the box! They are great cars to drive, I just hope that mine is as nice as before once I get to that point!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:11 pm

Damn.. glad to hear you're ok thou. Want me to make said teenie bopper disappear? I know a place in Troy that can take care of that Twisted Evil

Also, if you're looking for a box:

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/2827328068.html
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:15 pm

I had no idea! Glad you're ok! These cars sure are great for keeping their owners alive. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

That looks good. Problem solved
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:40 pm

sdstick wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

That looks good. Problem solved

Arrow Maybe I wont be the only guy here with one!
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:38 am

Mark do you still have your old Caprice too? I hope they didn't screw you when totaling the cahh out.

Get something nice! Does that box come with the paper license plate? Laughing
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I hope they didn't screw you when totaling the cahh out.

..... do you have the option to buy it back if totaled? ...... you had a solid drive train right? be a great swap for a boxy Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:28 pm

bowtiepimp wrote:
Matt Trakker wrote:
I hope they didn't screw you when totaling the cahh out.

..... do you have the option to buy it back if totaled? ...... you had a solid drive train right? be a great swap for a boxy Twisted Evil

Great idea! I think he was saying they wanted too much for it?

Is it just me or do insurance companies want a lot more for the buyback than they used to? When my 'Burban got stolen and crashed, I bought it back, I forget for what exactly but it was very very cheap. I sold it for 1000 bucks about a year later when I hadn't gotten around to replacing the fender, hood, and straightening the core support. I would have held onto it if I'd known how easy it would have been...
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:09 pm

No I got pretty screwed on it the adjuster is pretty convinced Roadies in that condition are a dime a dozen so I got like 3K and buy back wouldve been 2K after taxes Sad
I like that boxy there though, but I gotta unload this 944 I picked up hopin I can flip it and make a good buck on it and get my self a nice cheby. I sold my caprice not long after I got the Buick and kinda miss it. But like I told the adjuster I probably won't find another Buick like that one on this coast :/
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:50 pm

LandMaster wrote:
No I got pretty screwed on it the adjuster is pretty convinced Roadies in that condition are a dime a dozen so I got like 3K and buy back wouldve been 2K after taxes Sad
I like that boxy there though, but I gotta unload this 944 I picked up hopin I can flip it and make a good buck on it and get my self a nice cheby. I sold my caprice not long after I got the Buick and kinda miss it. But like I told the adjuster I probably won't find another Buick like that one on this coast :/

I fought too long to get too little. I could have sued the broad but that would have taken more time I didnt have. I am happy with what I got seeing as I can fix it. But in your case you should have gotten more. Some of the adjustors are actually car guys who know their shit, others are just the standard make the boss money guys...who effing suck...fahk em!

I told them all day long its a 65K mile one of 3,110 with a rebuilt engine and trans. I guess if it isnt a fancy camaro its just junk right?
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 5:57 am

1984twodoor wrote:

I told them all day long its a 65K mile one of 3,110 with a rebuilt engine and trans............... I guess if it isnt a fancy camaro its just junk right?

No.......If its not appraised & insured for what you think it's worth, then its book value.
It isn't THAT much extra to insure for your value. Gotta bite the bullet or (potentially) lose.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:59 am

sdstick wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:

I told them all day long its a 65K mile one of 3,110 with a rebuilt engine and trans............... I guess if it isnt a fancy camaro its just junk right?

No.......If its not appraised & insured for what you think it's worth, then its book value.
It isn't THAT much extra to insure for your value. Gotta bite the bullet or (potentially) lose.

When I got it It was at book value, needed a few things to be done. So I obviously didn't have it appraised. When those things were done I was too busy enjoying it to get it appraised. Not to mention I didn't get receipts from the PO..but the engine has its AC Delco tag showing its a reman. I'm sure theres one on the trans somewhere too... Surprised

THIS time it'll be appraised and insured out the ass!
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:18 pm

yea I learned my lesson on apriasing cuz the P cars I have a "classics" i had to have them both apraised, I'm never gunna get bit by that again. if the roof didnt get wrinkled I would kept the body atleast

Back to top Go down
94classicss

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:07 am

2k buy back? i paid 100 to keep my 96 grand marquis and got $3000 when i got t-boned in attleboro a year or so ago. best thing to happen to me in a while the marquis was free,plus i drove for another year after and i used the money to buy the caprice,smoked headlights,fiberglass bumper cover sequential tails and other random shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gone but not soon Forgotten   Gone but not soon Forgotten Empty

Back to top Go down

Gone but not soon Forgotten
Page 1 of 1