BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

what size is the washer nozzle hoses?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chapel

chapel

what size is the washer nozzle hoses? Empty
PostSubject: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:02 pm

I just realized my passenger side hose is missing and it's just spraying into the cowl.
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 pm

chapel wrote:
I just realized my passenger side hose is missing and it's just spraying into the cowl.

Two months ago I bought two sets of these from Mike @ Hamilton, and he is a long time friend in our B&D-body/SS/9C1 community.

Check out his complete listings, there are always good NOS things to be found.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Impala-SS-Windshield-Washer-Tube-Kit-LT1-Caprice-9C1-/370530966643?hash=item56455ddc73&item=370530966643&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_1307wt_1165

Let it be known that this guy wraps and packages everything you buy so carefully that nothing will ever arrive damaged, and THAT these days is rare.
-
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:15 pm

nice, but $25?
is this something I need OEM parts for or is this something I can jury rig together myself

and on that note... is there anyway to convert to regular hood mounted sprayers? I hate wet-arms. I was always breaking the nozzles on my old Grand Am
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Yeah, I did think of cobbling up something, but in the end, for $25 I realized that the stock set-up is very good.

Of course you just have to be careful with your ice scraper when that area gets all packed in with ice, slush and snow and then frozen solid.

I also bought both the L & R sides, NOS wiper arms (not the 9C1 w/wings @ $100ea) because mine are in terrible condition with pitting and corrosion.

Also the springs had lost some tension and the hinges were stiff (elastic hysteresis) from rust and metal deformation but had some lost motion from excessive wear at the pivot.

If you like, I can see if our cars use the same diameter tubing as the kits I install on Transit buses, I replace several per week at my job.
-
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Hmm. i traded 9C1 winged one for a set of speakers. I used vacuum hose for the spray hose.
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:13 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
Hmm. i traded 9C1 winged one for a set of speakers. I used vacuum hose for the spray hose.
that's what I was thinking. I'd just need some junction points
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:20 am

chapel wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:
that's what I was thinking. I'd just need some junction points

I checked the hoses today, its the same inside diameter.

We have a pretty good assortment of every possible "TEE" fitting you could imagine combining various diameters,
but no straight or elbow inline connectors.

Somebody beat me to them and glommed them all up.

Vacuum hose will definitely work, but that stuff is rather clumsy, it being so heavy walled.

It needs to be thick to resist collapsing from the outside atmospheric pressure when drawn down internally.

Windshield washer hose is very thin walled and flimsy in comparison, no vacuum and very little head pressure.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:30 am

I think you may have given him JUST ENOUGH info to stop him from fixing this... Razz

Hope Dave gets him the OEM stuff before it gets nasty out... Arrow
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:34 am

I actually only need a bit of it to go under the cowl and to the existing hose on the wet arm on the passenger side. the drivers side works fine.
I'll jury rig it with vacuum hose this weekend and eventually fix it right.
I need to get all new fasteners for the cowl piece. it's held on with two screws on the passenger side right now.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 am

Seems to me AZ (or whichever you use) always has a help section w/ vacuum fittings
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:46 am

oh yeah, what size vacuum hose were you using? the small stuff?
if I can't get a straight connector, I'll get a tee and a cap.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:07 am

I always take a sample of what I need cuz my eyes havent been calibrated in....like forever.
Hardware I'm good with tubing / elbows etc....no so much
I have all the plumbing pulled out of my sons car if you need me to look / measure stock size LMK
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:20 am

I'll just drive the car down there
it's pretty small hose. I could probably eyeball it.
I only need about a foot of hose.
the tail of the hose on the wetarm is there and there's a hose just at the center line of the cowl, but there's nothing between it.
I bet it got knocked off when someone removed the passenger cowl piece.

I wonder if it's in the trunk...
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:50 pm

all set.
Autozone actually had 'washer hose'
I got the smallest one they had and some vacuum line connectors. The original hose that went from the factory tee to the other side got brittle and cracked, nothing was 'missing' so to speak.
I wish I had found some black vacuum line connectors... right now it's white... kinda sticks out.

finally got my cowl back together too. However I'm missing about 4 bolts and I need like 3 or 4 of those black press-in buttons that hold the top of the cowl down.
I cleaned all the dirt and debris and leaves out from under the cowl and washed that down
I also lubricated and cleaned out the hood latch and re-aligned the hood. Now it seems to work a bit better.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:01 am

chapel wrote:
all set.
Autozone actually had 'washer hose'
I got the smallest one they had and some vacuum line connectors. The original hose that went from the factory tee to the other side got brittle and cracked, nothing was 'missing' so to speak.
I wish I had found some black vacuum line connectors... right now it's white... kinda sticks out.

finally got my cowl back together too. However I'm missing about 4 bolts and I need like 3 or 4 of those black press-in buttons that hold the top of the cowl down.
I cleaned all the dirt and debris and leaves out from under the cowl and washed that down
I also lubricated and cleaned out the hood latch and re-aligned the hood. Now it seems to work a bit better.

Put a little dab of paint on em man!
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:18 pm

eh, I guess it doesn't bother me that much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what size is the washer nozzle hoses?   what size is the washer nozzle hoses? Empty

Back to top Go down

what size is the washer nozzle hoses?
Page 1 of 1