BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!

Go down 
+3
toomanytoyz
GasTT
Ironfistdog
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! Empty
PostSubject: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:24 pm

I don't know about anyone else's feelings but the fleetwood's heater controls are the worst design ever!
I'm gonna have to do a flush I think because it takes forever to get hot air, but that's not even the crappy part....
The hot air only seems to come from the floor ducts or the defrost vent. I have yet to see any air blow out of the front vents unless the a/c is going and you set the thermostat to 65* or below. (maybe the ones I've owned were broken???)
Soooo I decided to swap a climate control from a roadmaster in with a little modification and I now can get hot air to blow (and hard!!!) from the front vents.

Not only that but it's retained the code reader and all other functions! EVERYTHING WORKS!

It's dark outside (and even darker inside with that lovely black leather Twisted Evil ) so pics will be posted tomorrow, but here's a few I tried to snap with the phone.
Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! Fbba339a

Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! 6ae3819b
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:04 pm

I have a Buick climate control in my Fleetwood.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Did you put it there or was it a previous mod?
I knew ppl swapped them into the SS but not fleetwood. Best mod to the car so far!!!!
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:22 pm

It was already in there. But had it not have been I would have done the same. It's not as easy to swap into a manual cc car as it is in the fleetwood which I'm sure you know. I'd like to do an auto climate control swap in my Caprice one day. I have the control head but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Yup. Simple swap. Put in a Buick one. I absolutely HATE the climate (non)controls in the Fleetwoods!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:58 pm

Wow, I thought the controls were the same aside from the chrome trim on the buttons.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 1:53 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Yup. Simple swap. Put in a Buick one. I absolutely HATE the climate (non)controls in the Fleetwoods!!!!

Might be a stupid question but here goes...

They look the same to me except for that chrome. Obviously I've never owned one so I don't know what they act like but why do you all hate them so much? I need some clarity guys! Thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 6:09 am

Ironfistdog wrote:
I don't know about anyone else's feelings but the fleetwood's heater controls are the worst design ever!
I'm gonna have to do a flush I think because it takes forever to get hot air, but that's not even the crappy part....
The hot air only seems to come from the floor ducts or the defrost vent. I have yet to see any air blow out of the front vents unless the a/c is going and you set the thermostat to 65* or below. (maybe the ones I've owned were broken???)

..... Im on my 5th FWB and every one has had the same issue. Stoopid design indeed. Surprised

1984twodoor wrote:

They look the same to me except for that chrome. Obviously I've never owned one so I don't know what they act like but why do you all hate them so much? I need some clarity guys! Thanks Wink

You only feel air moving when the speed is set to high, and you only feel air moving from the windshield vents and below the dash. Yes, there are directional controls on the dash vents, but they do nothing. So in the winter time even thou your glass is defrosted, your leather seats and steering wheel stay ice cold santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 8:12 am

Rm controls was one of the first mods I did in my fleetwood. Much better control over where the climet control goes.
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 8:31 am

does anybody got a set of buick controls?
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 10:02 am

I've put the RM controls in all of my FW's. Just did the one in my stepfathers black Fleetwood yesterday. Best mod!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 1:58 pm

bowtiepimp wrote:
Ironfistdog wrote:

..... Im on my 5th FWB and every one has had the same issue. Stoopid design indeed. Surprised

1984twodoor wrote:

You only feel air moving when the speed is set to high, and you only feel air moving from the windshield vents and below the dash. Yes, there are directional controls on the dash vents, but they do nothing. So in the winter time even thou your glass is defrosted, your leather seats and steering wheel stay ice cold santa

Thanks chris! the two caprices never pushed much out of the dash vents either, both had motors swapped though so I blamed it on that.

Of all the cars to have a problem with a comfort item sheesh C'mon Cadillac! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog

Ironfistdog

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:19 pm

I never understood that? Cadillac is the top GM product, yet crappy climate control, no tach, no temp, no oil press, wtf!!!
At least the deville has the info center. I can program those to do all kinds of good stuff. This thing is gonna have to have a triple pod a pillar now!
Hmmmm I wonder if I could get the 94-99 deville gauge to work in my wagon with heavy modification???
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeah, my big problem with the Caddy controls is that you cannot control where the airflow is directed. Heat comes out the floor only. Defrost comes out the windshield only. AC comes out the dash vents only. Defog at least allows windshield and floor vents at the same time.

But the Buick... You want heat out the dash vents? Yeah. We got a button for that. AC out the floor? No problem! Smile

It's all about control. Wink

It has nothing to do with fan speeds or air velocity, Matt. I think something may have been lost in the translation. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Ironfistdog wrote:
I never understood that? Cadillac is the top GM product, yet crappy climate control, no tach, no temp, no oil press, wtf!!!
At least the deville has the info center. I can program those to do all kinds of good stuff. This thing is gonna have to have a triple pod a pillar now!
Hmmmm I wonder if I could get the 94-99 deville gauge to work in my wagon with heavy modification???

I never understood why the Deville had more gadgets than the top of the line Fleetwood..
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 1:09 am

Ironfistdog wrote:

GasTT wrote:
Ironfistdog wrote:

I never understood why the Deville had more gadgets than the top of the line Fleetwood..

Wow that is a good point. I like the idea of swapping that guage cluster. I wonder if it could happen without lots of throwing things and swearing?

toomanytoyz wrote:
Yeah, my big problem with the Caddy controls is that you cannot control where the airflow is directed. Heat comes out the floor only. Defrost comes out the windshield only. AC comes out the dash vents only. Defog at least allows windshield and floor vents at the same time.

But the Buick... You want heat out the dash vents? Yeah. We got a button for that. AC out the floor? No problem! Smile

It's all about control. Wink

It has nothing to do with fan speeds or air velocity, Matt. I think something may have been lost in the translation. Wink

Gee you think the old ladys that wanted to buy them would want heat from every vent too! I guess the smart ones bought buicks and GM knew that. Just seems dumb to have that type of system when sister brands have a much better set up ready to plug in. Someone wasn't thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!   Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK! Empty

Back to top Go down

Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!
Page 1 of 1