BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

New guy from Bolton MA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CrashMaster

PostSubject: New guy from Bolton MA   Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey guys/gals,

My name is Jackson Keane and I just wanted to say hi. I am 22yo student at UMASS Amherst. I have a 96 RMS with 60k miles and a 96 Formula with 50k miles. I am already a member on the f body forum and the guys have been great over there in the past so I figured why not join the club for my true love B-BODYS!!!!

P.S.- If nobody reads this long winded post I wont be offended haha I kinda got carried away!

My b/d body obsession started when I was a sophomore in high school. My buddy's dad is the service manager at Durand Chevrolet and in 2004 the Bolton Police had their last 9C1 in for something.... oil change? who knows? Well I guess what ended up happening was that the cop told my friends dad they were putting the 9C1 to pasture soon. So he ended up buying it for almost nothing and gave it to my buddy for his 16th birthday. It had roughly 60k miles and was a detective car... no holes. It absolutely amazed me always how it could lay down the rubber and put you back in the seat. Well about 4 months later the posi was blown, the grill smashed from my idiot friend running down signs and mailboxes. Finally one night he took it down an infamous road Berlin MA and got the car enough air to absolutely total it. It sickened me how he destroyed that car so fast and sickened me even more since finding out how incredibly rare such a low mile example is.

After the 9C1 I kind of forgot about B-bodys for a while. Then on graduation day my old best friend got surprised with a 15k dollar 25k mile black 96 Impala and boy did that car ever rekindle my old obsession with that LT1 9C1.

His parents outrageous gift has now cost me a fortune over the years. This is because after that summer, about 3 months after he got the Impala I decided to take the plunge. I wanted a low miles 95-96 lt1 and I didnt care which b/d body it came in. So when I found a dealer in Georgia offering a 95 RMS with 22k miles for something like 8k I called right away. I said, "Hi I am from MA and if you will take 5k for the car and can pick me up from the airport I will be there tomorrow morning." They agreed and the next morning I flew to georgia and drove her all the way back. I immediately got a hypertech(to program the gears) eaton posi and gm 373 gears. I had a blast in that car, most fun id ever had in a car, and sold it after a year with double the mileage to a Priest from Florida for 6k haha. Then I bought a 95 31k mile Calypso green FWB... the most beautiful and heartbreaking car Ive owned. In about 10k miles it blew the tranny, ate 2 starters, and an alternator. Sold it after a year to a guy in SC and hopefully he is having better luck. I almost swore off b bodys altogether because of that gorgeous pile of shit. Then I found a 95 tow pack RMS in upstate NY with 38k miles and I got it for 4500. I was going to keep it but threw it up on autotrader and it sold in 3 weeks for 6500. Then I got my LT1 Bird in WI with 28k miles, its fun if you dont drive it everyday and pretty fast with the mods I have made, but my slow 95 Roadie with 373s and the posi was wayyyyyy more fun to me. So after being sick of driving with my knees in my ears every day I decided I would buy this roadie I found in Jersey with 49k miles for 3000. To be a daily driver or to flip if I could make a substantial profit. Well before I even got the Title a f550 dump truck rear ended me at offramp speeds and took off... hit and run. I only had basic on my car so it wasnt covered. The damage was so severe I knew it would cost more to fix it right then to just buy another low miler so I had them just do a cheap ass fix. The car looks like shit but hey its only up at 60k miles now and hasnt given any trouble. So now I am stuck with it haha ohh well the plan is to run her into the ground over the next couple of years and send her to the junk yard.

If I sell the Bird ever I will be buying a low miles b body to put a t56 in. But for now if anyone is selling a full posi rear end with some decent gears, 3.08-3.73 that will be a direct fit with the right drive shaft, or tri y's with emissions, cutouts and the pipes to hook to the stock exhaust I will buy them if the price is right.

To anyone who bothered to read my life story above.... thanks! haha.... not sure if I would have lol.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Bolton MA   Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:20 pm

I read your post, don't worry, I'm just as bad... LOL

Welcome, and it looks like you found the right forum!

Your friend is likely mentally retarded... Laughing having grown up around mouth-breathers who did the same thing to free cars (the people that break things, look at the broken item with a default, expressionless, face, then emit a Butthead-esque "HUH-HUH-HUH-HUH" laugh, knowing they'll just get another for example) is exactly why I think giving cars to kids is a cardinal sin and leads to taking stuff for granted, I see it happen too often! They either gotta pay to play, landscape as a summer job or something, or work on the car and build themselves, or they ain't gonna care. It's just a car to them. But hey, at least it made you appreciate these cars more! Very Happy

Pics of the Calypso Green one! I want that color!!!!

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Bolton MA   Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:26 pm

I have seen that car at Umass!

Welcome Jackson Arrow
Back to top Go down
CrashMaster

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Bolton MA   Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Matt- 1st of all I love the Big Lebowski. 2nd he is mentally retarded hahaha but a fun guy to have a few brews with. 3rd I wish I had done something about the tires before I took these photos. Oh and I added pics of the 1st roadie from GA with the 373s and my bird.

I dont know why the pics arnt showing up. Any of you can probably see them on facebook though if you want just search my name and I have an album for all the cars except the roadie from upstate NY and my current one (I think it would break the camera its so awful looking). I warn you though I rarely ever go on facebook so its not a good way to contact me.... its more or less a public photo album to me lol.

Cadet57- I have seen a couple of wagons around here... so maybe Ive seen you. In any case if you ever see me getting in or out of it say hey.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Bolton MA   Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:40 pm

CrashMaster wrote:

Cadet57- I have seen a couple of wagons around here... so maybe Ive seen you. In any case if you ever see me getting in or out of it say hey.

I don't go to Umass, but have friends who do/did so I'll keep an eye out. Since its winter i'll mostly be in my VW, but if its a nice day I'll take the wagon out. Usually up there on weekends.
Back to top Go down
CrashMaster

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Bolton MA   Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:48 pm

If you ever feel like stopping by I live at Brandywine 508-769-5080. I can shit talk for hours about these cars lol.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Bolton MA   Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Brandywine...is that Sylvan?

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Bolton MA   Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Welcome aboard! Looks like you are studying business huh? Razz You might be better off opening a friggen car dealership with all of that buying and flipping low mile beauties. Glad you're having fun and you picked the right place! Arrow
Back to top Go down
CrashMaster

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Bolton MA   Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:34 am

Brandywine is right next to Sylvan... thats where I catch my real daily driver. The bus!

Yah studying finance I would love to buy and sell cars for a living but I think I am to narrow viewed when it comes to cars. For example I couldnt really tell the difference between a camry or a carolla without taking a good look at them. If it were say 1960-1974 when a powerful V8 and RWD were almost a given (thats the way I perceive that time period being born in 89) then sign me up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Bolton MA   Today at 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down

New guy from Bolton MA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1