BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 95 9C1
Yesterday at 10:45 pm by Matt Trakker

» Tee shirts and shit for the roundup?
Yesterday at 10:44 pm by Matt Trakker

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Yesterday at 9:03 pm by black blur 96

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by MASShole9C1

» For all B-bodies
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:59 am by sdstick

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Had fun at the roundup!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6858
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Thanks Tom for putting it all together again! We had a great time! Bella wouldn't stop talking about it the whole ride home! Smile

It was great to see everyone again and to meet a few new guys. We don't get together nearly enough! Maybe we can get in one more mod day before the snow flies!

I failed at picture taking today though. Oops. I say lots of other people taking pics though, so I'm sure then will be up soon enough. (No pressure Razz)

I did, however, finally find out what's at the end of the rainbow... Marshmallows!!!!! Very Happy



Here's a couple others:






I even managed to get a "display of power and speed" award from one of NH's finest on the way there... Wink

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:49 pm

A double rainbow Laughing

Had a great time as always. Good to see you guys again. Glen, sorry about all the trans fluid I owe you. Laughing


Sorry I bailed out guys. Right as we were leaving my father called, the wagon died on him and the police wanted it towed off the road, so he pushed it to a 99 restaurant who then said they were going to have it towed for unauthorized parking. Rolling Eyes I had to fly home to meet the AAA guy. I may or may not have touched 100 in the truck, and I may or may not have caused a prius owner to brown their pants.

That said, we may have finally figured out the issue. Steve, I think you might be right. The sending unit is fucking up. When the car was running when the tow truck came, it went from full, to empty, to half then would stall.....
Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1457
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Just got him not too long ago, good to see old and new faces. I know everyone had a good. I will post pictures tomorrow, right now heading for the couch.

Thanks everyone for making it a success!

Tom & Diane.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
A double rainbow Laughing

Had a great time as always. Good to see you guys again. Glen, sorry about all the trans fluid I owe you. Laughing


Sorry I bailed out guys. Right as we were leaving my father called, the wagon died on him and the police wanted it towed off the road, so he pushed it to a 99 restaurant who then said they were going to have it towed for unauthorized parking. Rolling Eyes I had to fly home to meet the AAA guy. I may or may not have touched 100 in the truck, and I may or may not have caused a prius owner to brown their pants.

That said, we may have finally figured out the issue. Steve, I think you might be right. The sending unit is fucking up. When the car was running when the tow truck came, it went from full, to empty, to half then would stall.....
Almost sounds like a ground going to the sending unit.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:02 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
A double rainbow Laughing

Had a great time as always. Good to see you guys again. Glen, sorry about all the trans fluid I owe you. Laughing


Sorry I bailed out guys. Right as we were leaving my father called, the wagon died on him and the police wanted it towed off the road, so he pushed it to a 99 restaurant who then said they were going to have it towed for unauthorized parking. Rolling Eyes I had to fly home to meet the AAA guy. I may or may not have touched 100 in the truck, and I may or may not have caused a prius owner to brown their pants.

That said, we may have finally figured out the issue. Steve, I think you might be right. The sending unit is fucking up. When the car was running when the tow truck came, it went from full, to empty, to half then would stall.....
Almost sounds like a ground going to the sending unit.

On the wagon, that is the one that's behind the drivers side tail light, correct?

But lets not derail this thread, I'll make a post over on my repair thread.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Wow Justin that sucks! But hopefully you know what the deal is with it now. Enjoy my hubcaps and I will be expecting your payment in the future otherwise I will have to utilize Vic and Rocco and have them pay you a visit! Very Happy

I had a great time, sorry I got there so late, I felt bad because two people I kind of directed to the forum got there early then my goofy, poorly fitted clothes wearing, redheaded ass shows up all late and everything like I didn't care. Got stuck in traffic down near Malden before heading up. Forgot my camera too. But I made it! My legs are killing me from all the driving!

I'd like to have more little forum events like this than we do, I know people have busy schedules but I think it could work...another mod day would be cool too. Maybe couple it with a meet at a restaurant, etc.

And for those who didn't get all the "double rainbow" references at Johnson's Ice Cream-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI


"Wooooo! OHHHHHHH WOW! WHOOOOO!....What does this meeeeeean?" Laughing






Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1457
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Today I found out that Matt's real name is not Matt Tracker, it is Matt Smith. You learn something new everyday.

If Justin doesn't get the wagon going, they'll be a repair day at his house.


Tom
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:17 pm

silverfox103 wrote:


If Justin doesn't get the wagon going, they'll be a repair day at his house.


Tom

There will be pizza and free GoJo orange hand cleaner! Laughing
Back to top Go down
phantom 309



Posts : 255
Join date : 2009-10-11
Age : 106
Location : in the gr8whtnorth

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:46 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Just got him not too long ago, good to see old and new faces. I know everyone had a good. I will post pictures tomorrow, right now heading for the couch.

Thanks everyone for making it a success!

Tom & Diane.

Sorry we didn;t show this year, but there's no motor or trans in the wagon,.
too bad as we really like NH and all you noo englnders an your kaahs,.
Newicks is pretty awesome too,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6858
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:51 pm

And you missed out on the lobstah, too Nick. They were $9.99 each for a pounder when you ordered something else!

We missed ya, too.

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
silverfox103



Posts : 1457
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:58 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Sorry we didn;t show this year, but there's no motor or trans in the wagon,.
Nick

Is that the wagon you put the crate engine in?

Tom
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:00 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Today I found out that Matt's real name is not Matt Tracker, it is Matt Smith. You learn something new everyday.

If Justin doesn't get the wagon going, they'll be a repair day at his house.


Tom

Matt Trakker was the guy who drove the flying Camaro in Crovo's old avatar...lol



Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:12 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

I did, however, finally find out what's at the end of the rainbow... Marshmallows!!!!! Very Happy

I tasted the rainbow, and it tasted like marshmallow. Razz
Back to top Go down
phantom 309



Posts : 255
Join date : 2009-10-11
Age : 106
Location : in the gr8whtnorth

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:00 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
Sorry we didn;t show this year, but there's no motor or trans in the wagon,.
Nick

Is that the wagon you put the crate engine in?

Tom

Yes,..
Back to top Go down
95brmw



Posts : 1423
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 32
Location : Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Wish I had made it this year, wasted my morning at the DMV not registering a fleetwood Surprised

How many cars made it this year?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6858
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:20 am

So where are all the pics???

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:01 am

Matt Trakker wrote:
Wow Justin that sucks! But hopefully you know what the deal is with it now. Enjoy my hubcaps and I will be expecting your payment in the future otherwise I will have to utilize Vic and Rocco and have them pay you a visit! Very Happy

I had a great time, sorry I got there so late, I felt bad because two people I kind of directed to the forum got there early then my goofy, poorly fitted clothes wearing, redheaded ass shows up all late and everything like I didn't care. Got stuck in traffic down near Malden before heading up. Forgot my camera too. But I made it! My legs are killing me from all the driving!

I'd like to have more little forum events like this than we do, I know people have busy schedules but I think it could work...another mod day would be cool too. Maybe couple it with a meet at a restaurant, etc.


Ditto! These club meets are sweet! If anything at all we need another winter beater round up! I love painting the cougar salt! Laughing


toomanytoyz wrote:
So where are all the pics???

Yeah! Like a Star @ heaven Did anyone get a picture of my awesome Mercury Caprice!?!?!




That being said, I had a great time as well! Today really made me yearn for a B-body, REAL BAD! Surprised

The sadest part was when I got home about an hour ago, I went to back in the driveway and slammed my hand into the steering column....there was no shifter there! Sad Maybe at the 2013 Roundup!
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp



Posts : 1562
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 31
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:07 am

95brmw wrote:
Wish I had made it this year, wasted my morning at the DMV not registering a fleetwood Surprised

How many cars made it this year?




DMV? ...... never heard of one being open on saturday scratch
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog



Posts : 2124
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 35
Location : Warren, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:13 am

DMV is open on Saturday's in MA and CT until noon. CT also has satellite offices so you don't have to drive to Norwich.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 am

Ironfistdog wrote:
DMV is open on Saturday's in MA and CT until noon. CT also has satellite offices so you don't have to drive to Norwich.

This reminds me... the registration on the Caprice expires on the 31st. You know, that car that doesnt run. Wonder if I should renew. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:28 am

I'd have taken pics but forgot my camera, I was already running late so I didn't bother going back to get it, haha
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:45 am

Phyllis and I had a great time. IT was nice to see eveyone. Nice to see some new faces, sad to see some could not make it. All in all, a great day indeed. The rainbow capped off a great day.
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine



Posts : 512
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 59
Location : Wrentham

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I'd have taken pics but forgot my camera, I was already running late so I didn't bother going back to get it, haha

Hey Matt, no offense intended toward any of the other picture taking members, but with your advanced photographic skills, you MUST NOT forget your camera @ events!

So, after working two weeks straight (+ overtime), I got the required days off.

Weather could not have been more perfect.

Prepared several of my cars so that I might have a "choice of ride" come round-up day.

Had my GPS navigation situation covered, with printed-out back-up directions for all three locations.

The reservations were confirmed for the ferry to New London.

I came down the flu the day before, but I was still going to come up to meet everybody.

Got almost to the ferry @ Orient Point when THIS happened.

This is what happens to a heater hose when it's plastic strap breaks from heat and age, then lays directly ON the exhaust manifold.

I did feel at the time that this was a very reliable choice of ride.

I am disappointed that I failed to get there on time, however I ended up driving up Rt.#7 thru Lime Rock Ct., and into the Berkshires to see the foliage there.

Thanks to Tom for putting this whole thing together.

Tom says there will be another next year!
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:17 pm

My thanks to Tom & Diane too. cheers
Tom did his usual best & chased as many bodies out as possible.
Picked a fantastic Fall day to boot.
Had alot of fun, great talking to everyone.

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp



Posts : 1562
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 31
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:12 pm
















Good to see everybody and meet some new guys Arrow

Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Machine-De-Zine wrote:


I did feel at the time that this was a very reliable choice of ride.

I am disappointed that I failed to get there on time, however I ended up driving up Rt.#7 thru Lime Rock Ct., and into the Berkshires to see the foliage there.

Thanks to Tom for putting this whole thing together.

Tom says there will be another next year!

Should have taken a box and you would have been fine Arrow

Too bad you missed it, was looking forward to seeing you again. Hopefully you can make it next time!


Thanks again Tom! Had a great time even though I was in(of all things) a ford product! I did manage to take some life off of my snow tires! Laughing

Had my first ride in an LT1 in Doug's RMW, all 15 feet of it, and another 15 foot ride in Matt's 74! cheers All around successful day!
Back to top Go down
mega



Posts : 907
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 35
Location : Hyannis, ma

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:25 pm

had a good time, look forward to the next one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Big Thank you to Tom and Diane for setting up the fall meet again. cheers ..................And the donuts. Wink
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp



Posts : 1562
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 31
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:10 am

yeah thanks again TOM & Diane..... cruising behind you up route 4 my son kept asking why we're following the donut car? Razz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:11 am

So where are the pictures? scratch
Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1457
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:57 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
So where are the pictures? scratch

Today, I promise.
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:04 am

silverfox103 wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
So where are the pictures? scratch

Today, I promise.

I understand, its tough editing to find my good side Wink

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:36 am

sdstick wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
So where are the pictures? scratch

Today, I promise.

I understand, its tough editing to find my good side Wink

He's trying to crop out the ford section Razz
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:00 am

1984twodoor wrote:
sdstick wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
So where are the pictures? scratch

Today, I promise.

I understand, its tough editing to find my good side Wink

He's trying to crop out the ford section Razz

Which is going to be hard since we parked in two different areas. Laughing
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:
sdstick wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
So where are the pictures? scratch

Today, I promise.

I understand, its tough editing to find my good side Wink

He's trying to crop out the ford section Razz

Which is going to be hard since we parked in two different areas. Laughing

All he has to do is put a naked girl in that corner and no one will notice it!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:27 pm

1984twodoor wrote:


All he has to do is put a naked girl in that corner and no one will notice it!

What were we talking about again?
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:


All he has to do is put a naked girl in that corner and no one will notice it!

What were we talking about again?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1457
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:18 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
So where are the pictures? scratch

I'm uploading to Photobucket now, stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Had fun at the roundup!!!!   Today at 6:40 am

Back to top Go down
 
Had fun at the roundup!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Brickvention 2011 Roundup
» Swap, Buy or Sell at the Roundup
» How about some decals to go with the roundup?
» Agenda for 2nd Annual Northeast Wagon & B Body Roundup
» The official Roundup picture thread.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Club News and Calender-
Jump to: