BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport?   Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 pm

I know this is a GM forum. But I'm open to new ideas. So, is anyone partial to the 2002+ lx sport packages? No crappy police package vics. I've already seen enough of those since I started my new job. I know they come standard with power, leather, cd, traction, center console, air ride, etc. I almost bought one last year but quirk ford mistook me as some pushover kid. Needless to say, they were wrong, and I don't owe $19k in loans. I will still have one caprice, so as to not completely cross over to the dark side. So any info or pros cons are welcome. Thanks. Discuss...
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport?   Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:08 pm

No experience with those, but my sisters fiancé has an 03 Marauder. Black, tinted windows, all stock. Bought it brand new and it has 110k on it now. Blew the rear end once, from abuse. Replaced with ford racing 373s and it made a nice improvement. Bone stock besides that. Very nice car, handling and acceleration are very good. I like it. I'd rock one.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport?   Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:38 am

I'd rather grab the merc to be honest, I've seen some nice CV sports but they dont do too much for me.

As for the 4.6L I like mine, and its a non PI head SOHC motor, but hell its a fun and powerful driving car.
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport?   Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:01 am

if it's like a Marauder , Ive heard nothing but good comments about the cars from the owners...

...... not a ford guy at all, but they do seem like nice cars
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport?   Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:04 am

the 2003+ cars have suspension changes that make them much better handling and riding cars.
LX Sport is basically a Marauder without the DOHC engine.

copy-pasta from Wiki
Quote :
2003: Major Mechanical Revisions

2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX
For the 2003 model year, the chassis was again redesigned with hydroformed steel. The front and rear suspension were also completely overhauled. New inverted monotube shocks were now used (replacing the old twin-tube shocks that had been used since the 1960s). In the front, new aluminum control arms, and rack and pinion steering (replacing the recirculating ball units) have been implemented.[17] The rear suspension was redesigned for durability in police-duty applications and the rear shocks were moved outboard of the frame rails for better handling and ease of maintenance. As a result, the road-handling manners of the Panther platform cars had improved significantly. The engine output increased due to the addition of a knock sensor for more aggressive timing. 2003 models also received optional seat-mounted combination head and torso side airbags.
For 2004, Ford altered the transmission, revised the torque converter for better acceleration, and updated the layout of the optional overhead console.[18] Laminated door glass also became available to deter break-ins and thefts, reduce road and wind noise, improve protection from flying glass in a collision and filter out ultraviolet rays, reducing heat buildup and fading of the interior.[19]
The Crown Victoria retained the same exterior styling, but 2005 models received a rear whip radio antenna rather than an integrated rear defroster antenna. 2005 models also received a new steering wheel, optional power moonroof and 6-CD changer.[20]
The rear whip antenna was removed from the 2006 models in favor of the integrated rear defroster antenna. 2006 models also received a redesigned instrument cluster featuring a more modern speedometer (though again 120 mph (190 km/h) for the civilian models) and a tachometer. Other additions included a standard trip computer on the LX and a perimeter alarm as an option.[21]
For the 2007 model year, the LX Sport trim was dropped leaving the Standard and LX. Most of the LX Sport's components were then made available with the new optional Premium Sport-Handling and Performance Package.[22] Standard AM/FM audio system with CD player and the remote keyless entry system "SmartLock" became available on all models as did daytime running lights.[23] Beginning with 2007 models (built after July 2006), design changes were made to the optional side airbags and door trim to improve occupant protection in side impact crashes.[24]

and from the Marauder page
Quote :
The 2003–2004 Marauder sales fell short of corporate forecasts, and after a production run of 11,052 vehicles, the Marauder was discontinued at the end of 2004; in comparison, Mercury produced 179,723 examples of its Grand Marquis counterpart during the same time. The Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport remained, bearing a monochrome appearance similar to the Marauder but powered by the standard 239 hp (178 kW) 4.6 L 2-valve SOHC V8. The LX Sport included 17" silver-finish wheels, firmer suspension (though softer than the Marauder), a taller 3.27 rear axle ratio (shorter than standard 2.73), but it had far less differentiation between it and the Crown Victoria than the Marauder did from the Grand Marquis. By the mid-2000s, non-fleet sales of the Crown Victoria had all but disappeared; after the 2007 model year, the Crown Victoria was produced exclusively for fleet sales and the LX Sport was discontinued.

I've been throwing around the idea of getting a P71 myself... they're dirt cheap and you can get a 2003+ model for under $3000
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport?   Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:59 pm

^^^ great info. I saw one of the sport packages on c/l in r.I. for 6500. Not sure if its a piece. No one sells a 60k mile car for that cheap. I don't want a police package. I've gotten over that with my 9C1. I think its kinda lame being a cop and driving a police car off duty is all. The caprice is 15 years old, whereas a 1998 + p71 can easily be mistaken for an in service. Just my .02 on getting a p71. I like big cars and after test driving the lx sport, its hard not to want one. As for the marauder, its like the SS, overpriced crown Vic in my opinion. I know its all tricked out and souped up, but I enjoy simplicity. DOHC = NON-simplicity. Plus I wouldnt want to dd a marauder just like an SS. Too much of an investment. Thanks for the replies fellas!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport?   Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is anyone familiar with the crown Vic sport?
Page 1 of 1