BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Its not a crown vic!!! EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Its not a crown vic!!! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Its not a crown vic!!! EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Its not a crown vic!!! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Its not a crown vic!!! EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Its not a crown vic!!! EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Its not a crown vic!!! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Its not a crown vic!!! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Its not a crown vic!!! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Its not a crown vic!!!

Go down 
+3
Matt Trakker
MASShole9C1
95brmw
7 posters
AuthorMessage
95brmw

95brmw

Its not a crown vic!!! Empty
PostSubject: Its not a crown vic!!!   Its not a crown vic!!! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:55 am

Am I the only one that gets pissed when someone comments about my 9C1 and asks "does it have the interceptor motor". Or "is that a police interceptor"? Telling people its a chevy and interceptor is a ford thing just confuses them more. At any rate, its a Caprice and not a clown dick!
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Its not a crown vic!!!   Its not a crown vic!!! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:58 am

I'm right there with you man. I was at Wendy's a whole ago with a few friends with the hood open and some kid and his dad drive by and said "its just a Ford". And last week someone said "I love you grand marquis". But some people don't know. I do hate that people thought my almost 20 year old 9C1 is STILL an in service police car... That's just me. The people that ride my quarter window on the highway have been dubbed "window shoppers" cuz they're not sure if its a cop.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Its not a crown vic!!!   Its not a crown vic!!! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:31 pm

LOL, someone thought mine was a Ford because of it being all white with the black grille on it. I'm like did you even look at the car? Some people.

When I first put that on this car, I noticed people would get out of the way here and there if I was behind them, I think they just think the headlight arrangement and the black grille looked similar.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Its not a crown vic!!!   Its not a crown vic!!! EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 3:23 pm

My sister actually does drive a crown vic...ever since she got it shes been getting up to college a lot faster. She likes people getting out of her way lol
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Its not a crown vic!!!   Its not a crown vic!!! EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:27 pm

Hey Matt did you recognize me honking at you from a strange vehicle today? lol
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: Its not a crown vic!!!   Its not a crown vic!!! EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 11:07 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
I'm right there with you man. I was at Wendy's a whole ago with a few friends with the hood open and some kid and his dad drive by and said "its just a Ford". And last week someone said "I love you grand marquis". But some people don't know. I do hate that people thought my almost 20 year old 9C1 is STILL an in service police car... That's just me. The people that ride my quarter window on the highway have been dubbed "window shoppers" cuz they're not sure if its a cop.

This is the standard scenario: ( at least ONCE every night )
On my way to work on the interstate in LIGHT traffic every night at around 11:00PM, with the cruise control set to 65 MPH.
As I approach two or three cars doing 60, I see some other guy doing 90+ coming up from behind in the next left lane.
- - My white 9C1 has the search light on the drivers side A-pillar, black SS grill, stock ride height and HD 9C1 wheels. - -
So now the "Bimmer/Benz/Ricer/VW" panics as he flies by and clamps down on his binders to 40MPH, causing the other two or three cars to knee-jerk also down to 40 MPH.
Consequently, after EVERYONE is now going 40, they all realize that it's PO-PO is on their tail, so NOBODY increases their speed, and I'm also stuck behind (also at 40 MPH).
They are so nervously self conscious at this point that no one dares to even look my way, for fear of conceding to some guilt, for something or other they may or may not have done.

That never happens in my Dually!

Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

PostSubject: Re: Its not a crown vic!!!   Its not a crown vic!!! EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:50 am

Machine-De-Zine wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:

On my way to work on the interstate in LIGHT traffic every night at around 11:00PM, with the cruise control set to 65 MPH.
As I approach two or three cars doing 60, I see some other guy doing 90+ coming up from behind in the next left lane.
- - My white 9C1 has the search light on the drivers side A-pillar, black SS grill, stock ride height and HD 9C1 wheels. - -
So now the "Bimmer/Benz/Ricer/VW" panics as he flies by and clamps down on his binders to 40MPH, causing the other two or three cars to knee-jerk also down to 40 MPH.
Consequently, after EVERYONE is now going 40, they all realize that it's PO-PO is on their tail, so NOBODY increases their speed, and I'm also stuck behind (also at 40 MPH).
They are so nervously self conscious at this point that no one dares to even look my way, for fear of conceding to some guilt, for something or other they may or may not have done.

Same with me. My 9C1 is mostly stock except for the SS grille, has the DS A-pilar light, is light grey, and N97 wheels. The grey is similar to what the state police use here. If I'm in the right lane, most of the time someone going to pass me will stop and ride along side me for a good mile or 2 trying to figure out if I'm a cop or not. And the day I got the car on the road I had a BMW slam on its brakes as it went to pass me and get behind me until I got off the highway. Gotta love it!
Back to top Go down
jvette65

PostSubject: Re: Its not a crown vic!!!   Its not a crown vic!!! EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:43 am

Love to cruise the left lane above the limit and watch them all pull over!!! 95 9C1,Dark blue, DS spotlight, cage, full wheel covers, former MA SP undercover car.
Back to top Go down
mega

mega

PostSubject: Re: Its not a crown vic!!!   Its not a crown vic!!! EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 am

Machine-De-Zine wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:

happens on a daily basis i guess gray primer fenders at quick view with black grill they think state cop most of em get outta the way though.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-England-Caprice-Impala-SS/1082
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its not a crown vic!!!   Its not a crown vic!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Its not a crown vic!!!
Page 1 of 1