BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K Empty
PostSubject: Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K   Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptySun May 15, 2011 6:05 pm

The Diesel Blazer I was going to buy, fell through, so plan B was a 99 chevy Blazer ZR2 off road performance package with 173k on it.
This truck frigging rocks!Very Happy

Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K SSPX0531
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K SSPX0532
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K SSPX0533
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K   Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:29 pm

That's way better than that diesel blazah! Smile

But how are you gonna fit trash and lumber it that??? Razz

Nice truck. I always liked the ZR2 Blazers! 5 speed?

And for the record, we may have to add an S-series section because I am pretty sure there will be a 4cyl stick one in my driveway once the Riv and Impala are gone! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/

PostSubject: Re: Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K   Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:03 pm

It is a 4.3/4L60E combo.Power everything, including moon roof. With the rear seat down, it holds a lot.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K   Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:24 pm

NICE TRUCK! I've been thinking about an s/10 too, probably an older sonoma cus I like the look of a friends truck. Have fun with that thing off road! Looks like a pretty cool Dragon wagon scratch

Razz
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K   Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:36 pm

ha, nice! I've always liked how those looked with the wider track.

Now, I remember reading that the ZR2 package entailed a whole different suspension setup. Not sure if they just meant mostly the same parts but all of them beefed up, or what. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K   Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:40 pm

http://forums.off-road.com/gm-small-trucks-suvs/199269-zr2-suspension.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPO_ZR2

Wow, even the frame is different!

Back to top Go down
booth9C1SS

booth9C1SS

PostSubject: Re: Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K   Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K EmptyMon May 16, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm convinced that there is a link between the B-body crowd and the ZR2 crowd. I've encountered several impalassforum members that are also on zr2usa.com.

I have a '99 ZR2 pickup and Jillian has a 2000 BlaZeR2 (equipped like yours, including the sunroof option),

I have the reg-cab (last year of it BTW) with a Leer cap, Warn winch and trans4mer, aluminum skidplates, sliders (that I didn't build to be sliders but that's what they've ended up being), quad beam mod, factory fog lights, Cab roof lights off a 3/4 ton Denali, power seats, overhead console with the fuel computer, 32" Goodyear MTRs on Crager steel wheels. Because my truck is a 5-speed, it came with the [stronger] iron front differential carrier (yours is aluminum), I've added the right side axle shaft and tube fron an AWD Bravada (to get rid of the weaker and less reliable vacuum-operated stock 2-piece axle), and a NP 231 manually shifted transfer case (also to fix reliability issues). I also have one ton idler and pitman arms.

Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K Whitefield6-6-092-1
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K TruckatSpecticlePondMarch09-1
Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K Pisgahnov08-1

• Ladder-type Frame with modified mounting points
  • 100mm wider track (3.9 inches wider than regular S-10)
  • Increased ground clearance (Approx 3" over Regular S-Series 4x4)
  • Enhanced front (7.25" ring gear) and rear (8.5" ring gear) axles w/ 3.73:1 rear-axle ratio
  • Eaton GovLock automatic locker
  • Larger wheel and axle bearings
  • 31 x 10.50" BFG A/T Tires (Pickup), 31 x 10.50" BFG Longtrails (Blazer)
  • 46mm gas pressurized Bilstein Monotube shocks
  • Rear track bar (pickup), front anti-sway bar (blazer)
  • Skid plates
  • Fender flares
Front/rear disc brakes (1998-2005), disc/drum brakes (1994-1997)
^^^ All S10s had these brakes. Some non-z trucks/blazers got 3.73 (My mom's Bravada has 3.73 gears). The front was not "enhanced", it still got the same weak 7.25 front axle that the regular S10s got... about as strong as a Dana 30 if you know about jeeps. The frames are different, but it mostly has to do with the suspention mouning points.
Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/booth9c1ss
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K   Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn! Now I have to add a S10 section............................J/K
Page 1 of 1