BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....

Go down 
+12
fatvet
JRS9C1
Machine-De-Zine
1984twodoor
bowtiepimp
Cadet57
mega
No Moa
Matt Trakker
sdstick
Pooge
toomanytoyz
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:48 pm

I think you should stick some bowties on it as well.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I think you should stick some bowties on it as well.

x2 Laughing lol
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:59 pm

Made a little progress the other night...

The Fail:
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 0517112312

The set-up:
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 0517112311

Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 0517112313

The "oops":
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 0518112247

Maybe get the engine out on Monday night... Sunday if I can find and fix the water-in-the-basement issue I'm having at the house right now... Grrr...

Will post more as I progress...
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Looks like a blast! Just imagine how nice that bad boy is gonna be when it's done. Nice having a full service garage with a pro mechanic right down the road isn't it?
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:35 am

Pooge wrote:
Nice having a full service garage with a pro mechanic right down the road isn't it?

Lol I was just thinking that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Looks like you'll need a can of freon or two. Laughing
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:01 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Made a little progress the other night...

The Fail:
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 0517112312

The set-up:
Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 0517112311

....... Wow didnt know AL had a bigger shop? Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:04 pm

It's his import section. Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:18 pm

It just looks bigger with 3/4 of a car in it. Wink
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 0523112147

It's out. Al spent another hour or so on it, and I got in the way for a half hour after that, and it plucked out nice and easy. Engine compartment looks to be in much better shape than I was expecting! No rust! Woot.

Need to collect a few more parts for it now... Clutch, Flywheel, some hoses, egr block-offs, oil and coolant and all that crap.

I think tomorrow we will swap everything over to the new motor and if I can get all the parts, maybe start throwing it back in.

We'll see.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:13 am

toomanytoyz wrote:

It's out. Al spent another hour or so on it, and I got in the way for a half hour after that, and it plucked out nice and easy. Engine compartment looks to be in much better shape than I was expecting! No rust! Woot.

Need to collect a few more parts for it now... Clutch, Flywheel, some hoses, egr block-offs, oil and coolant and all that crap.

I think tomorrow we will swap everything over to the new motor and if I can get all the parts, maybe start throwing it back in.

We'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqZVRoIoMfQ&feature=related
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:59 am

toomanytoyz wrote:

...Engine compartment looks to be in much better shape than I was expecting! No rust! Woot.

Doesnt look like there was any room for rust.
GWS Als knuckles & fingertips... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:10 am

Looking good, that baby will be crankin' in no time!

I'm pulling a WRX motor tonight....anything in particular I should watch out for?
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Pooge wrote:
I'm pulling a WRX motor tonight....anything in particular I should watch out for?

Probably should ask AL. lol J/K bill
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Nothing jumps out at me. Came out pretty easy. He did pull the radiator, all the accessories and intake manifold first. Then used a bolt on each head, back on pass side, front on driver's side, and it came out perfectly balanced. Just gotta slide it off the guide pin/studs that are about 3" long and it comes straight up. Put a floor jack under the tranny to support it.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:27 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

We'll see.

Nice!. So whats the difference between what was in there & what your putting in?
When you talk Brotatoe, I dont understand. scratch
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:27 pm

The WRX had an AIR pump, but mine didn't, so we will need to make block-off plates. A knock sensor broke when we were disconnecting all the crap under the intake, and a couple of the PCV hoses are too brittle to re-use. The flywheel was quite toasty, but a new one is almost 600 bucks Shocked so I am just going to D/A the old one with some 200 grit and try to clean it up and re-use the newish clutch. So we gotta get all that straightened out and we will be gtg! Have to run the lines for the new oil pressure and boost gauges, too.
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:59 pm

sdstick wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

We'll see.

Nice!. So whats the difference between what was in there & what your putting in?
When you talk Brotatoe, I dont understand. scratch

Steve, your a going to have to study Brotatoe Laughing

Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 Brolin10

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 8:08 pm

What is this becoming BAWDass of New England?
Back to top Go down
mikiehews

mikiehews

PostSubject: fast subaru   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:59 am

http://www.stayontheblack.com/subaru-does-tt-lap-2-minutes-slower-than-bikes/
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:48 am

mikiehews wrote:
http://www.stayontheblack.com/subaru-does-tt-lap-2-minutes-slower-than-bikes/

So subarus are slower than bikes? Huh. Never woulda thunkit. Wink

Oh, and mine is especially slower. Engine number two is junk. On the hunt for a third. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:25 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Engine number two is junk. On the hunt for a third. Sad
Holy Grail has turned into Holy Fail! Surprised

I think I have been in that situation before. scratch
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:34 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
On the hunt for a third. Sad

What the hell? Why?
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 am

Dude that suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, are you on the hook for the second engine as well price-wise? I hope it all works out for ya!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:13 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:

Holy Grail has turned into Holy Fail! Surprised

I think I have been in that situation before. scratch

Werd. And if I ever get it back together again, that will be it's plate.... -FAIL- Wink

Cadet57 wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
On the hunt for a third. Sad

What the hell? Why?

6K mile motor was junk. Bearings toasted far beyond what mine were. Sad I was NOT happy the other night when we fired it up and it sounded like a madman going nuts with a ballpeen hammer inside.

Matt Trakker wrote:
Dude that suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks, are you on the hook for the second engine as well price-wise? I hope it all works out for ya!

Well, I contacted the seller. Long story short, he felt bad and had never had anything like that happen before, and said he needed a couple days and would refund my money. Hope he sticks to his word.

*crosses fingers*
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:36 am

Damn bill, sorry to hear it. i hope it all works out.

Mine blew a headlight yesturday, the drivers door handle is f'd up and the thing is loud as hell in the am when its idleing at 1400. lol. Damn scobbys.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Told ya not to buy one! Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 3:15 pm

On the way back from NY last night on the Ass Pike, I saw a Toyota Yaris backing up on the breakdown lane of the westbound lanes, then a couple cars stopped, then a few people milling around by the guardrail, then people in what looked like quasi-underwear running with the flow of traffic away from, something...then about 40 feet back an Outback wagon with the flashers and headlights still on that had just burst into flames. What is going on with the s00bar00s?

Bill I hope the seller makes things right w/you!
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:16 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

I was NOT happy the other night when we fired it up and it sounded like a madman going nuts with a ballpeen hammer inside.

No Moa wrote:

Mine blew a headlight yesturday, the drivers door handle is f'd up and the thing is loud as hell in the am when its idleing at 1400.............

Matt Trakker wrote:
.......then about 40 feet back an Outback wagon with the flashers and headlights still on that had just burst into flames. What is going on with the s00bar00s?

Secret Society frowns on those that jump ship.... Suspect
You've been warned
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Christ, makes me VW sound like a beacon of reliability. Laughing

But srsly, that sucks Crovo. Hopefully the seller nuts up and gives ya a refund. How the hell do you fry a 6k motor, and how did he not know?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Well, the seller said that he got the motor from a friend, and that the whole deal didn't feel quite right, but it was his friend so he trusted him. And got screwed. And then I got screwed, too. But, he man'd up. We'll see if he sticks to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....   Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Since I couldn't find the Scoobie section....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2