BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

» New Ride
Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:29 am by IMPALADAKID

» One Day to Roundup 2016
Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:25 pm by IMPALADAKID

» Good day, m8s!
Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:43 pm by DonJoeMcFly

» Cruise to the Roundup???
Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:04 pm by Matt Trakker

» Tee shirts and shit for the roundup?
Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:24 pm by toomanytoyz

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:40 am by booth9C1SS

» Bunch of parts
Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:16 am by 95brmw

Display results as :
Rechercher Advanced Search
October 2016

Share | 

81 4Door Roller

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: 81 4Door Roller   Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:02 am

Hate to do it but I need to sell bfurches old car. Its pretty much the same as when he sold it to me except there is no shifter. Not looking to make any money, just want to see someone use it. Would trade for a 4cyl daily driver.

I am selling my 1981 4dr Caprice to make some room for my other new projects. It has about 58k miles on it now (thats legit no bull shit). I hate to do this, but I could really use the funds and the space. This is an AMAZING deal for someone with the space, time and power train for this vehicle. I also feel it is priced VERY fair. Car has a clean ma title.

This car originally came from Florida, and I have all the original paperwork (not to mention, a lot of paperwork for what I have done over the years). The car has been garaged its ENTIRE life until this past 3 months. It has NEVER seen snow, and the undercarriage is IMMACULATE. The original owner purchased an undercoating procedure at the dealership and it is still on the under-body/ chassis today. The car originally had a 229 3.8 6cyl and lock-up trans. It is currently setup for a th350 and sbc combo.

I used the car for drag racing, and put it on a pretty serious diet. The entire AC and Heating system were removed from the car. All the sound deadening under the carpet has been removed. The rear door power window motors and door locks were permanently removed and the glass was secured in the up position.

Since I raced the car, the front sway bar was removed, and some of the little chassis brackets were pulled off (for weight and header clearance). Last year when I reinstalled the motor, I painted the engine bay satin black and it still looks very nice. The car however has its original white and could use a respray. The paint is not horrible and cleans up pretty good, but it is chipped off in several places (mostly where the oem body side moldings were removed).

The car is ALL steel and tips the scales at 3800lbs with a full tank of fuel (21 gallons). The hood latch was removed, and pins were installed. The heater box was deleted with a custom built aluminum 1/8" thick panel I built. It has been sealed and painted, looks great. The OEM harness has been thoroughly thinned as well and the the entire car was rewired. All lights, signals, wipers and front windows still work, as the car was 100% street driven almost daily.

The car comes with a modified stock tank. It has full braided plumbing front to back (-6an feed and -8an return). Has an inline walbro 255lph pump, and serviceable rear mount filter. No regulator is included with this sale.

Radiator is an aluminum griffin painted black with a custom aluminum panel I built for dual electric fans. Fans are setup to come on any time the key is on.

Long Tube hedmen headers for SBC are included as well is the full exhaust (custom 3"y into a 4" single magnaflow with a turndown before the rear axle. Sounds BADASS!

Car is wired for a single stage of nitrous as well as an additional fuel pump (for the nitrous setup). Car comes with custom under-hood fuel cell, low pressure pump and lines for nitrous setup.

Interior has no wiring for a stereo or speakers, but could be added very easily. I believe there is still a key power add-on relay on the custom circuits and harness I assembled.

Car has OEM blue interior in really good condition. Bench seat car with custom center stand-off for B&M Pro Ratchet shifter. Gauge cluster is custom and complete with Automete gauges (speedo, tach, water temp, oil pressure, fuel level, voltage).

Rear end is an 8.5 10 bolt 2.93 posi. Will also include spare 8.5 10 bolt housing with 3.73 that needs rebuild (snapped axle earlier this year). Has 9C1 rear sway bar on modified LCA.

Car has braided power steering lines/ power steering box.

Again, this is a car I drove every day this summer. It is super street friendly and VERY comfortable. Comes with a brand new set of Energy Suspension body mounts that were never installed.

The car is still complete, so if you were interested in going for a ride and seeing how well everything works together, I would be happy to take you out. Upon deposit, drive train will be removed and car can be taken away.

I would like to get 850.00 The price is pretty firm. I am giving this car away at the price im asking for a quick sale...

Video shows exhaust sound..

Current pics of the way the car sits...

Modified tank with 1/2" pick-up, -6an feed, -8an return port.

...again. Thats 850 for the entire roller.
Back to top Go down
81 4Door Roller
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1