BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» For all B-bodies
Yesterday at 11:45 pm by Tomz9C1

» 95 9C1
Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:53 pm by MalibuSSwagon

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:38 am by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:25 am by silverfox103

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

» CraigsList car finder
Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:08 pm by MalibuSSwagon

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Wheel Repair

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Wheel Repair   Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:28 pm

After getting stuck one too many times I think I might just grab some snows for the cougar. That being said I have two extra wheels from when I fell asleep and hit some rocks. One of them has a gouge taken out of it. I want to get them fixed and mount the snow tires up to them. 15 inch factory alloys. Any suggestions?

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4275
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:38 am

Dont know if it's worth it but this is who I thought of.

http://www.rimpro.com/index.html

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp



Posts : 1562
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 31
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:32 am

sdstick wrote:
Dont know if it's worth it but this is who I thought of.

http://www.rimpro.com/index.html



....... they charge the dealership about 100- 125 per rim...... look on CL .......

............. you should find 100's of throw away rims and snow shoes for a $ 100 or a less a complete sets.
Back to top Go down
Ironfistdog



Posts : 2124
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 35
Location : Warren, MA

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:49 am

What's the bolt pattern and offset? Fwd or rwd? (I'm not familiar with the car). I'll look through what I have if you want. I know I have a set of american racing chrome outlaws in the basement with a 5x4.5 pattern I'm trying to get 50 bucks for them. Fit nothing I own or will own. Just throwin it out there. I believe its a ford/mopar pattern. They fit on my '40 plymouth sedan and my brothers lumina. No idea on anything else.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4471
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:14 am

Dang $160 a weel? It almost makes it not worth it depending on what you paid for them.
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4275
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 am

Cadet57 wrote:
Dang $160 a weel? It almost makes it not worth it depending on what you paid for them.

These are probably 99% insurance claims

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4471
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:18 am

sdstick wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Dang $160 a weel? It almost makes it not worth it depending on what you paid for them.

These are probably 99% insurance claims

Still. Unless you're talking about OEM rims that cost $400-500 each, and you have to pay outta pocket, I couldnt see spending that kinda money. I've found refinished OEM rims on Ebay for under $150. In fact I bought one for our old explorer once, $80 with free shipping. Can't beat that.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:54 pm

I had my Cragars straightened there when my wife took out two of them on a giant pothole, but they weren't made anymore and I couldn't find any replacements, so 100 bucks a wheel was worth it.

In your case, like the other guys said, toss the old wheels and get a set for dirt on CL. Smile

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:13 pm

bowtiepimp wrote:
sdstick wrote:
Dont know if it's worth it but this is who I thought of.

http://www.rimpro.com/index.html



....... they charge the dealership about 100- 125 per rim...... look on CL .......

............. you should find 100's of throw away rims and snow shoes for a $ 100 or a less a complete sets.

I've hunted CL but dont seem to find anything for my BS

Ironfistdog wrote:
What's the bolt pattern and offset? Fwd or rwd? (I'm not familiar with the car). I'll look through what I have if you want. I know I have a set of american racing chrome outlaws in the basement with a 5x4.5 pattern I'm trying to get 50 bucks for them. Fit nothing I own or will own. Just throwin it out there. I believe its a ford/mopar pattern. They fit on my '40 plymouth sedan and my brothers lumina. No idea on anything else.

I have an odd ball BS. 5x4.25(5x108mm) Only cougars, T-birds, and the Lincoln MKVII have the same spacing, and are the only RWD cars that have it. I have a big chunk out of the rim of the wheel, so it probably isn't repairable. I'd love to grab a cheap steal wheel for it to run snows on but I have yet to find one. The taurus and sables have the same BS, but I have no clue about back spacing.

I'll have to do some digging for them.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4471
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:16 pm

1984twodoor wrote:


I have an odd ball BS. 5x4.25(5x108mm) Only cougars, T-birds, and the Lincoln MKVII have the same spacing, and are the only RWD cars that have it. I have a big chunk out of the rim of the wheel, so it probably isn't repairable. I'd love to grab a cheap steal wheel for it to run snows on but I have yet to find one. The taurus and sables have the same BS, but I have no clue about back spacing.

I'll have to do some digging for them.

Won't Crown Vic rims fit that? I thought the rear end was the same on the MKVII and the Town Car/CV
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm guessing the backspacing is different for his car and will have the wheels sticking way out if he used them. Who knows though. Matt try car-part.com, maybe you can find a set in a JY. I'm guessing all the yards are a disaster with the snow/rain/mud right now though.

Rimpro is expensive but does a good job, if the rims are worth it to you.
Back to top Go down
Pooge



Posts : 1697
Join date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:


I have an odd ball BS. 5x4.25(5x108mm) Only cougars, T-birds, and the Lincoln MKVII have the same spacing, and are the only RWD cars that have it. I have a big chunk out of the rim of the wheel, so it probably isn't repairable. I'd love to grab a cheap steal wheel for it to run snows on but I have yet to find one. The taurus and sables have the same BS, but I have no clue about back spacing.

I'll have to do some digging for them.

Won't Crown Vic rims fit that? I thought the rear end was the same on the MKVII and the Town Car/CV

Arn't the T-bird and cougar IRS cars? Likely to have far different backspacing than a Crown Vic

Doug

_________________
1996 Impala SS - 45K original miles - 5.3 LS swap - Brand new Bilsteins...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6854
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Some pretty nice rims CHEAP here! Smile

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?sort=Price&autoMake=Mercury&autoModel=Cougar+XR7&autoYear=1996&autoModClar=&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterWeight=All&filterNew=All


_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:17 pm

^There ya go
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Pooge wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:


I have an odd ball BS. 5x4.25(5x108mm) Only cougars, T-birds, and the Lincoln MKVII have the same spacing, and are the only RWD cars that have it. I have a big chunk out of the rim of the wheel, so it probably isn't repairable. I'd love to grab a cheap steal wheel for it to run snows on but I have yet to find one. The taurus and sables have the same BS, but I have no clue about back spacing.

I'll have to do some digging for them.

Won't Crown Vic rims fit that? I thought the rear end was the same on the MKVII and the Town Car/CV

Arn't the T-bird and cougar IRS cars? Likely to have far different backspacing than a Crown Vic

Doug

They also have a different Bolt Circle. I think panther cars have 5X4.5 I have 5x4.25
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:31 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Some pretty nice rims CHEAP here! Smile

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?sort=Price&autoMake=Mercury&autoModel=Cougar+XR7&autoYear=1996&autoModClar=&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterWeight=All&filterNew=All


For this car CHEAP means steel wheels lol. I'm not buying a set of wheels for this car. I just want to get an extra pair suitable to run snow tires on.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 pm

Went to rimpro today and they said 160 to repair it, I think I'll scan JYs once the weather is clear. Tomorrow or Friday morning I'm having the snows mounted on one wheel on the car and an extra that was in the shed.

Thanks for the info on rimpro anyway guys, May end up getting that wheel fixed sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Wheel Repair   Today at 6:49 am

Back to top Go down
 
Wheel Repair
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Wheel Repair
» 4.5" Short Wheel Base Foden & 4.5" Foden Artic
» MY WHEEL FELL OFF!
» Potters Wheel image on large plate/makera mark SF ?
» I need some help repairing and painting some wheels

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Bad talk-
Jump to: