BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 95 9C1
Today at 6:37 pm by Matt Trakker

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Today at 1:07 pm by MASShole9C1

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Yesterday at 11:11 am by sdstick

» For all B-bodies
Yesterday at 10:59 am by sdstick

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

» CraigsList car finder
Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:08 pm by MalibuSSwagon

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Anybody worried

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
96Brougham

PostSubject: Anybody worried   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm

about all these dead fish and birds they keep finding?? Wtf? scratch
Back to top Go down
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Yup, very.

World is coming to an end, the animals are bailing out early
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:13 pm

I'm currently turning the wagon into a doomsday vehicle. Think Mad Max but with a longroof Laughing
Back to top Go down
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
I'm currently turning the wagon into a doomsday vehicle. Think Mad Max but with a longroof Laughing

Yea, it should work good fighting the asteroids and brimstone and fire. Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:16 pm

No Moa wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Yea, it should work good fighting the asteroids and brimstone and fire. Good luck with that.

Im hoping for the best. Either that or it'll make a great casket.
Back to top Go down
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
No Moa wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

it'll make a great casket.

You'll have plenty of room at least.
Back to top Go down
Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:34 pm

It's an Alien invasion. Book it.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Aliens or God's Fury can't be outrun. Nuclear wasteland would be sweet to have our club band together mad max style. Zombie apocalypse would be too mainstream and the zombies would be too lazy to do any brain eating work.

Most likely a climate issue, global warming stuff, Dick Cheney's aim got better, Al Gore was actually man bear pig the whole time and is using his power to kill animals so hed get back into the limelight, and the fishing network got budget and rating increases.
Back to top Go down
onehunglo

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:55 am

Fishah wrote:

It's an Alien invasion. Book it.

So that's why your a Honda guy...I'm with ya alien
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:05 am

1984twodoor wrote:

Most likely a climate issue, global warming stuff, Dick Cheney's aim got better, Al Gore was actually man bear pig the whole time and is using his power to kill animals so hed get back into the limelight, and the fishing network got budget and rating increases.

Anybody seen the DVD documentary "HOME"? I just saw it and it's a real scary thing. They say that when the Siberian permafrost finishes melting, (more likely sooner than later) we're really going to be be up a creek with no paddle, because there is enough trapped methane in there such that when released, will irreparably alter/destroy the entire global eco/biosphere. In other words, we and most other life forms as we now know them, will be fossil fuel in the making.

-

Last edited by Machine-De-Zine on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:56 am

Machine-De-Zine wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:

Anybody seen the DVD documentary "HOME"? I just saw it and it's a real scary thing. They say that when the Siberian permafrost finishes melting, (more likely sooner than later) we're really going to be be up a creek with no paddle, because there is enough trapped methane in there such that when released, will irreparably alter/destroy the entire global Ecosphere. In other words, we and most other life forms as we now know them, will be fossil fuel in the making.

-

I did see that, i'm not sure it will happen in my lifetime, but one never knows. All these animals aren't dieing just for the hell of it. its a bit scary.
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:33 am

No Moa wrote:
1984twodoor wrote:

I did see that, I'm not sure it will happen in my lifetime, but one never knows. All these animals aren't dying just for the hell of it. Its a bit scary.

Another excellent and thought provoking DVD documentary is "COLLAPSE" by Chris Smith about Michael Ruppert's almost clairvoyant global predictions. Its mostly about the repercussions of sliding down the back side of the bell curve of peak oil.

When I was a kid growing up on the farm, there were critters EVERYWHERE! Frogs, toads, salamanders, newts, owls, bats, snakes, unimaginable varieties of bugs, birds, skunks, squirrels, possums, dear, fish,,, on and on and on.

Now there is next to nothing living anywhere except for mosquitoes and flies.

-

Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:17 am

They scared the shyt out of us with that SAME TALK when I was in elementary school.
Now THAT was a long time ago & I dont see any changes worth mentioning.

Anyone that responds to this post saying.......
I shouldve noticed the dinosaurs all died out
will be put on my HARASS list Razz

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:18 am

^^dinosaurs hello!!!!!!^^
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:47 am

No Moa wrote:
^^dinosaurs hello!!!!!!^^

I don't know if the world is trending warmer or colder, or not at all, but there are things happening globally that we should at least observe with some careful consideration. Massive melting of the worlds ice. 20% of the earths supply of fresh water is in greenland alone. The water in NY harbor has risen 15 inches in 150 years (start of the industrial revolution) and will rise 5" more in the next ten years. These events will have repercussions.

I don't want anybody telling me that I can't have my hi-octane gas guzzling V-8 powered vehicles, but if some of these predictions have any real merit, then it won't be just some person or agency telling me I can't have my gas, it'll be the impending absence of affordably extractable oil that will settle the argument.

The mere fact that they are pushing real hard for hydraulic fracturing in our own back yards right now is some indication of whats to come for us all.

Our own personal greed for more and nicer cars, HP, torque, etc should give us a glimpse into the workings of the minds of those who don't care about cars but mega-profits and global power.

-
Back to top Go down
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:52 am

There is an article somewhere that i read, Russia has enough oil under the frozen tundra to sustain current comsumption for 100 years, not sure if that is true or not, but its so cold up there, they can't drill through the 60ft of ice.

Anyway with what is coming down the pike for "energy efficient" and zero emission" cars, i think oil consumptoin will drop drimatically in the next 10 years.

One can hope anyway.
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:35 am

No Moa wrote:
There is an article somewhere that i read, Russia has enough oil under the frozen tundra to sustain current comsumption for 100 years, not sure if that is true or not, but its so cold up there, they can't drill through the 60ft of ice.

Anyway with what is coming down the pike for "energy efficient" and zero emission" cars, i think oil consumptoin will drop drimatically in the next 10 years.

One can hope anyway.

From what I've read, that Siberian energy is not in oil but in methane. The problem is that our current rate of burning fuels that presently release greenhouse carbon into the atmosphere will cause the permafrost to melt even faster, resulting in the un-stopable venting of exponentially greater quantities of greenhouse gasses into the sky.

There IS a huge supply of oil under the Arctic floor, north of Russia, but the reason it can not be extracted is because the ice above is MOVING and the rigs will shear off.

A true "conspiracy theorist" might conclude that "they" are trying to accelerate Polar-ice-cap-melting to gain easy access to that very same sub-Artic floor oil!

This year (2011) the earth will have over 7 billion people living on it. With the growth of china, and increased world population, even dramatically reduced carbon release rates (per vehicle/person) may already be a lost battle.

Compounding all of this great news is the stark realization of the inescapable fact that the biggest difference between this "depression" and 1929 was that then there was still a huge supply of all of the natural resources necessary for the unbridled growth of human civilization just waiting to be exploited.

-
Back to top Go down
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:43 am

China has vowed to cut consumption buy 15% in the next 5 years. Thats HUGE!!!!

Just remember, once mother earth gets to hot, she will take some "cold" medicine.

Watch the day after tomorrow. Coolest movie ever. literally. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody worried   Today at 6:44 pm

Back to top Go down

Anybody worried
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1