BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MASShole9C1



Posts : 4211
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:55 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Caprice-Classic-Two-Tone-Gray-Chevrolet-Caprice-Classic-Runs-Good-LCA-/130460778262?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e60117f16
Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1475
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:37 am

That's not a bad looking boxy, when I looked at it Matt Tracker came to mind.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine



Posts : 512
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 60
Location : Wrentham

PostSubject: Re: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:54 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Caprice-Classic-Two-Tone-Gray-Chevrolet-Caprice-Classic-Runs-Good-LCA-/130460778262?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e60117f16

I wonder about whether it really does have a 350 as stated. It likely has the 305 RPO LG4 (H) and not the 350 RPO LM1 (6). 8th digit in vin ( ). Unless it was upgraded in an earlier engine change. It's vin is (H) = 305. The roof liner also has what appears to be condensation mold stains, as most of those cars around here are no longer water tight. Very nice looking car though! If the doors, trunk lid and area behind the rear wheel wells are not rotted out, it would be a nice car to have.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5075
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Caddy hubcaps? Very Happy

Not too bad...hmm. That mark on the ceiling almost looks like a food stain to me considering the rest of the interior. Someone got in a McD's fight methings. I bet it would all clean up with some Tuff Stuff.

I'd throw some old Corvette Rallys or something on it, with whitewalls, and drive the hell out of it.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4476
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Machine-De-Zine wrote:

I wonder about whether it really does have a 350 as stated. It likely has the 305 RPO LG4 (H) and not the 350 RPO LM1 (6). 8th digit in vin ( ). Unless it was upgraded in an earlier engine change. It's vin is (H) = 305. The roof liner also has what appears to be condensation mold stains, as most of those cars around here are no longer water tight. Very nice looking car though! If the doors, trunk lid and area behind the rear wheel wells are not rotted out, it would be a nice car to have.

I would bet its a swap. Wasn't 87 the first year for fuel injection? Apparently this has a 350 with a carb.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5075
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:07 pm

89 was the first year for the TBI, save for the 4.3 cars, which had TBI a few years earlier (85-86?)
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4476
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
89 was the first year for the TBI, save for the 4.3 cars, which had TBI a few years earlier (85-86?)

Hmm, then I got nothin.
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine



Posts : 512
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 60
Location : Wrentham

PostSubject: Re: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
89 was the first year for the TBI, save for the 4.3 cars, which had TBI a few years earlier (85-86?)
Look at the vin. It clearly has an (H) which means it started out as a carbureted 305 LG4 with an 8.6 compression ratio and a .351 In lift/.385 Ex lift cam @ the valve. Some G-bodies got an optional L69 305 (G) with 9.5 compression ratio and a slightly bigger cam. But can anybody say that they have never heard some dude claim he had a big block and proudly opens up his hood and there lays a tired 305? I have even seen that same mistake in car and 4x4 truck magazines.
Behind the drivers side cylinder head on the bell mounting area of the block it will have a cast-in designation stating the truth, (5.0L) and no you can't so easily make a 350, (5.7L) out of a 3.736" bore x 3.48" stroke 305c.i. SBC. All factory Gen 1 & 2 Chevrolet 350s had a 4.000" bore. So, it is either a swap or a false claim.
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Caddy hubcaps? Very Happy

Not too bad...hmm. That mark on the ceiling almost looks like a food stain to me considering the rest of the interior. Someone got in a McD's fight methings. I bet it would all clean up with some Tuff Stuff.

I'd throw some old Corvette Rallys or something on it, with whitewalls, and drive the hell out of it.

How'd you know what I was gonna do with the rallys once they're painted body color (blue...in the distant future lol)

I was under the impression that all civi box caprices got 305s or 4.3s. Only 9C1s had a 350 in them. It must be a swap.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1



Posts : 1486
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 53
Location : Rumford, Maine

PostSubject: Re: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:39 pm

I loved my 86 Boxy, yea it had a gutless 305, but she went so smooth down the road Let it go for $200 and it died a horrible death in a impromptu enduro race a year later!
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor



Posts : 4059
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Wilmington/Wakefield/Andover

PostSubject: Re: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Tomz9C1 wrote:
I loved my 86 Boxy, yea it had a gutless 305, but she went so smooth down the road Let it go for $200 and it died a horrible death in a impromptu enduro race a year later!

Boxies are where its at Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900   Today at 7:00 am

Back to top Go down
 
Boxy on ebay in Lawrence, MA $900
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» ebay climbdown on free P&P
» Found this posting on ebay...
» 87 caprice 2 door boxy.
» Saw a black boxy 9c1 for sale
» Ebay purchase

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: NE marketplace :: Cars for sale or wanted-
Jump to: