BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

DAMN TRANSMISSION

Go down 
+6
V8Killer
Fishah
Cadet57
GasTT
No Moa
Waldo617
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Waldo617

Waldo617

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:36 pm

so as most of you know i had my transmission rebuilt at Reliable Transmission Rebuilding in Holbrook, MA about 5 months ago...3 weeks ago my transmission started acting funny on the highway and decided to piss out half of the fluid through the vent....it turns out the forward piston broke into pieces and went into the vent..so i had it all rebuilt that week (UNDER WARRANTY)...so last nite i was driving to class and i smelled something burning so i parked the car near my college and pulled the trans dipstick and the fluid was burnt and black...so its back to reliable for another rebuild under warranty...

as a result i have decided that enough is enough and im going to sell it :'-( check the cars for sale on this forum if anyone is interested...

THANKS GUYS
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Sounds like you need another tranny builder, or your driving sucks! Laughing J/K

Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
GasTT

GasTT

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Good luck with your next car, I hope it is brand new otherwise you are going to run into just as many issues as the Caprice. A used car is just that, used and it develops problems.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:43 pm

GasTT wrote:
Good luck with your next car, I hope it is brand new otherwise you are going to run into just as many issues as the Caprice. A used car is just that, used and it develops problems.

Bingo. These cars aren't getting any newer, even the youngest are now 14 years old. With that age comes problems. Its just a matter of keeping your car maintained and trying to prevent them from happening.
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
GasTT wrote:

Bingo. These cars aren't getting any newer, even the youngest are now 14 years old. With that age comes problems. Its just a matter of keeping your car maintained and trying to prevent them from happening.

Or buying a quality part (Transmission) from a reputable source in the first place so you don't need to keep fixing the same problem over and over.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Fishah wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
GasTT wrote:

Or buying a quality part (Transmission) from a reputable source in the first place so you don't need to keep fixing the same problem over and over.

That too. Sounds like this shop sucks.
Back to top Go down
Fishah

Fishah

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:02 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Fishah wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
GasTT wrote:

That too. Sounds like this shop sucks.

There is only one place I would buy an Automatic B-Body Transmission from, and it's not local.

There is a local guy whose had some issues with Shane @ CPT, but from my experience I don't think there is anyone comparable as a transmission resource for our community.
Back to top Go down
V8Killer

V8Killer

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Hey Crap happens. There is no such thing as total perfection when it comes to automatics, especially when it's hard part failure. The best builders in the world can't help you there. In 20+ years working for GM I've seen some incredible transmission failures, including BRAND NEW & GM re-man transmissions. Sometimes all you can do is try to overbuild it, put on a good cooler, change the fluid & filter A LOT!
I've seen more replacement transmissions taken out by crap left in the cooler than anything else Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
95brmw

95brmw

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:09 pm

How ironic is it a rebuild from "Reliable Transmission rebuilding" is extremely unreliable?
Back to top Go down
1984twodoor

1984twodoor

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:01 am

95brmw wrote:
How ironic is it a rebuild from "Reliable Transmission rebuilding" is extremely unreliable?

study .............

VERY Cool

That sucks, why sell it? in the parts find listing there are two T56's for sale...DO IT you know you want to.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:32 am

Fishah wrote:

There is only one place I would buy an Automatic B-Body Transmission from, and it's not local.

I beg to differ. We have a local guy IN OUR CLUB that I know could outbuild anything Shane currently puts together. And for way less money, too. Shoot Al (V8KILLER) an email and I'm sure he can do something for ya. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
sdstick

sdstick

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:15 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Fishah wrote:

I beg to differ. We have a local guy IN OUR CLUB that I know could outbuild anything Shane currently puts together. And for way less money, too. Shoot Al (V8KILLER) an email and I'm sure he can do something for ya. Smile

The Chicago working class is SO out of touch....... tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty
PostSubject: Re: DAMN TRANSMISSION   DAMN TRANSMISSION Empty

Back to top Go down

DAMN TRANSMISSION
Page 1 of 1