BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Today at 6:52 am by silverfox103

» 95 9C1
Yesterday at 10:45 pm by Matt Trakker

» Tee shirts and shit for the roundup?
Yesterday at 10:44 pm by Matt Trakker

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by MASShole9C1

» For all B-bodies
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:59 am by sdstick

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:53 pm

I will just have to wait til the morning to see it. Razz
Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1458
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Cake and Ice Cream at Bill's house.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6858
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:38 pm

What milestone? That you're about to run out of gas? Wink

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:39 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Cake and Ice Cream at Bill's house.
You guys supply the cake and ice cream, and I will supply the house. Razz

toomanytoyz wrote:
What milestone? That you're about to run out of gas? Wink
No. My "LOW FUEL" light comes on at the empty mark, and I have another 20 or so miles. Unlike those 94 fleetwoods. pale
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Think you'll remember in the AM?
Whenever I try to do that I always forget

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:51 pm

sdstick wrote:
Think you'll remember in the AM?
Whenever I try to do that I always forget
Why do you think I made a big deal tonight about it. Wink
Back to top Go down
96Brougham



Posts : 819
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 28
Location : Easton MA

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:18 pm



toomanytoyz wrote:
What milestone? That you're about to run out of gas? Wink
No. My "LOW FUEL" light comes on at the empty mark, and I have another 20 or so miles. Unlike those 94 fleetwoods. pale [/quote]

daredevil! I've never ran any of my B's below 1/4 tank, which I blame strictly on my Fleetwood experience. That sucker ran out at 2 bars, sometimes 3 if I was beating on it.. Now I just play it safe.. I only hope that with my next fleetwood, i'll be able to experience the low fuel light AND chime!!
Back to top Go down
GasTT



Posts : 2675
Join date : 2009-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Treasure Coast, FL

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:05 am

It looks like a 149,999 milestone to me!
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:52 am

Is the 309.7 accurate?
Thats how I know its time to fill up
20gal*15mi/gal=300mi
I hear SO many people get better mileage.
Not me, every now & then I see 16 mi/gal

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:54 am

sdstick wrote:
Is the 309.7 accurate?
Thats how I know its time to fill up
20gal*15mi/gal=300mi
I hear SO many people get better mileage.
Not me, every now & then I see 16 mi/gal
I am seeing between 330-350 miles on a tank.

It is accurate. I reset at fill up.
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:14 am

I dont know why I dont see better mileage out of my cars
I didnt think I drove THAT hard. scratch
Whats a wagon weigh anyway?

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:19 am

sdstick wrote:
I dont know why I dont see better mileage out of my cars
I didnt think I drove THAT hard. scratch
Whats a wagon weigh anyway?
It is 4680lbs with me in it, so 4510lbs. I do not drive it easy either.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:44 am

sdstick wrote:
Is the 309.7 accurate?
Thats how I know its time to fill up
20gal*15mi/gal=300mi
I hear SO many people get better mileage.
Not me, every now & then I see 16 mi/gal

FWIW I average anywhere from 15-17 mpg in the city (17 is sticker mpg) and from 23-26 on the highway (24 is sticker)

What gears do you run, I thought that had something to do with it. I had a friend with 2.92's and it got better miles than my car with 3.23's
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:48 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
sdstick wrote:
Whats a wagon weigh anyway?
It is 4680lbs with me in it, so 4510lbs......
Interesting, I thought they'd be heavier

Cadet57 wrote:
sdstick wrote:
....I hear SO many people get better mileage.
......

FWIW I average anywhere from 15-17 mpg in the city (17 is sticker mpg) and from 23-26 on the highway (24 is sticker)

What gears do you run, I thought that had something to do with it. I had a friend with 2.92's and it got better miles than my car with 3.23's
In my case gears dont matter, I run 3.08's, 3.42's & 3.73's. I think the main factor is I dont do alot of open highway driving

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5067
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:12 pm

I average usually from 19 to 23 MPG spread out over a tank of gas. The last one I got 23 on, I had taken a trip from Malden to Rochester NH and back right after the fill up, then drove mostly around town for the rest of the tank, I thought that was pretty good. I must have been pushing 27-28 on that NH trip! Highway gears aren't always all bad... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6858
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:11 pm

I usually fill up right at 300 miles, and it takes anywhere from 16-18 gallons, which works out to be 16-18mpg. Mostly country road driving, and spirited at that. Smile

So far, the caddy has about 220 miles on this tank and still showing more than half full. I don't believe it for a second...

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:24 pm

There! I remembered. Wink
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm impressed cheers

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1



Posts : 1483
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 53
Location : Rumford, Maine

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:29 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
What milestone? That you're about to run out of gas? Wink
Laughing
Back to top Go down
LiveFreeorDieTryin



Posts : 90
Join date : 2009-02-14
Location : Monroe, Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:34 am

meh...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:26 pm

I know with b& d bodys, the chance of ever seeing the low fuel light is damn near impossible. I bet some of you don't know it has a low fuel light. scratch It does.
I put 18 gallons in and it went to 3/4 from E, about where it should. which is where I keep it since there is a leak on top of the tank. so I get about 20 mpg all around driving.



Back to top Go down
LandMaster



Posts : 258
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 26
Location : Waterford, New York

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 am

My low fuel light came once. Haven't seen it since and I've run loooww.

Depending on how I drive, I get about 16-17 average, but come back from wagon fest I went about 480 ish on that one tank, that was all mountain driving though. Usually though 320-350 for a tank for me.
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine



Posts : 512
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 59
Location : Wrentham

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:16 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
I will just have to wait til the morning to see it. Razz
All this talk about odometers has just reminded me of an annoying, occasional & intermittent glitch on my odometer. Its a 1996 9C1 with the "certifried" speedo, which is always very accurate on MPH as long as i have the correct rolling tire diameter. BUT,,, The odometer sometimes flickers between the correct milage & some much higher number, however, it never stays on long enough for me to trouble shoot. I will also need to get some one to sit in the driver's seat to observe what the dash odometer does while I giggle harnesses. BTW, This higher number IS NOT the kilometer number as I first suspected. Can any one remember having this problem? Also, even though the odometer's full vehicle miles total "flickers", the trip milage number does not!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Machine-De-Zine wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
I will just have to wait til the morning to see it. Razz
All this talk about odometers has just reminded me of an annoying, occasional & intermittent glitch on my odometer. Its a 1996 9C1 with the "certifried" speedo, which is always very accurate on MPH as long as i have the correct rolling tire diameter. BUT,,, The odometer sometimes flickers between the correct milage & some much higher number, however, it never stays on long enough for me to trouble shoot. I will also need to get some one to sit in the driver's seat to observe what the dash odometer does while I giggle harnesses. BTW, This higher number IS NOT the kilometer number as I first suspected. Can any one remember having this problem? Also, even though the odometer's full vehicle miles total "flickers", the trip milage number does not!
This is a very common issue. So common, every b-body I have had with that cluster did it.
Here is your fix. http://capricess.com/tech/cluster/fading_cluster/fix.htm
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine



Posts : 512
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 59
Location : Wrentham

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:47 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Machine-De-Zine wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
I will just have to wait til the morning to see it. Razz
All this talk about odometers has just reminded me of an annoying, occasional & intermittent glitch on my odometer. Its a 1996 9C1 with the "certifried" speedo, which is always very accurate on MPH as long as i have the correct rolling tire diameter. BUT,,, The odometer sometimes flickers between the correct milage & some much higher number, however, it never stays on long enough for me to trouble shoot. I will also need to get some one to sit in the driver's seat to observe what the dash odometer does while I giggle harnesses. BTW, This higher number IS NOT the kilometer number as I first suspected. Can any one remember having this problem? Also, even though the odometer's full vehicle miles total "flickers", the trip milage number does not!
This is a very common issue. So common, every b-body I have had with that cluster did it.
Here is your fix. http://capricess.com/tech/cluster/fading_cluster/fix.htm
Hail yeah! I just checked out the link you suggested and see that this is absolutely the first thing for me to check over. I will be astonished if it does not solve this odometer issue conclusively. This is exactly the kind of result that I had hoped for when joining this group. Thanks a million!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Machine-De-Zine wrote:
Hail yeah! I just checked out the link you suggested and see that this is absolutely the first thing for me to check over. I will be astonished if it does not solve this odometer issue conclusively. This is exactly the kind of result that I had hoped for when joining this group. Thanks a million!
Check out the links section. Most of the answeres to all questions can be found there.
Back to top Go down
Machine-De-Zine



Posts : 512
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 59
Location : Wrentham

PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:09 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Machine-De-Zine wrote:
Hail yeah! I just checked out the link you suggested and see that this is absolutely the first thing for me to check over. I will be astonished if it does not solve this odometer issue conclusively. This is exactly the kind of result that I had hoped for when joining this group. Thanks a million!
Check out the links section. Most of the answeres to all questions can be found there.
I checked out this site a long time ago but must have forgotten to look at it recently. I searched in my mac finder & saw that I had bookmarked it ages ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.   Today at 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Not a big milestone, but still a milestone.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Biddy & Diana Rose - Milestone House Pottery
» Cast and Crew Celebrate 400 Episodes of DKDM Milestone ...Pics ...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Bad talk-
Jump to: