BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 95 9C1
Today at 10:45 pm by Matt Trakker

» Tee shirts and shit for the roundup?
Today at 10:44 pm by Matt Trakker

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Today at 9:03 pm by black blur 96

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Today at 1:07 pm by MASShole9C1

» For all B-bodies
Yesterday at 10:59 am by sdstick

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Someone with Paypal Sellers experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sdstick

PostSubject: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:35 am

Can someone give me the simple facts on accepting Paypal?
I know I can probably just read their info but the cliffs are easier.
Thanks

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:40 am

Make sure they are verified. Make sure you are covered under sellers protection, it will tell you next to their address, says confirmed and eligable.

Always send with sig confirmation. Confirmed address. Most of the obvious stuff.

PayPal is tough, some days i hate it, some days i love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:43 am

Are you doing this on ebay? Its honestly really simple. You just link your paypal account to your ebay account and sellers will pay via PP. Once the money is in your paypal account you can move it to your own bank account. I usually wait to ship the item until the money hits my bank account. But in all honesty, once its in the Paypal account you're fine. You're also covered for non paying bidders both on ebay and PP. I'm kinda simplifying it to give you the nuts and bolts, if you want to know more feel free to ask. I sell stuff on ebay all the time and all I accept is Paypal.
Back to top Go down
bammax

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:53 am

Basically they sign into their paypal account and then hit "send money" They put in your e-mail address that's linked to your paypal account. Then they put in how much to send and hit send. You'll get an e-mail saying that you recieved money. Then you can go into your paypal accound and decide if you want to transfer it to your bank account, or if you want to leave it there for a future purchase.

If they mark the payment as "gift" then there are no fees attatched. If they choose any other option then you pay something like 3% plus a little extra as a commission to paypal. And the protection only works on ebay sice they refuse to protect anything that isn't ebay related. That's because ebay owns paypal as of a few years back and they're only concerned with their own business.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks so far.
I'm really interested in ACCEPTING $ with Paypal.
Using EBay sounds like they make you do it right. So I'll read up on that.
What about the private stuff?
Say Brad wants a marble
I have 1 & tell him $5
I then give him my paypal (email?) acct & he sends $ & I send product.
Am I covered if Brads a scammer & files some type of claim?
Is that what Glen said about
"Make sure they are verified. Make sure you are covered under sellers protection, it will tell you next to their address, says confirmed and eligable."
I get the part about sending with signature required.
Thanks for the feedback

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:13 am

If I don't do face to face deals, I use paypal. Always. Protects both partys.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Paypal pisses me off sometimes, but it's a decent service and you kind of have to use it with eBay, it's a mini-monopoly.

Aside from what's already been said, if you ever have to do a refund, DON'T just send it back. Don't believe people's sob stories at the snap of a finger either. Had some clown ask for a refund because of some silly story about using the wrong bank account. Tried to help out then he puts a chargeback against me!
There is a special avenue Paypal kind of makes harder to find through which you must send a refund and make it official. Paypal likes to overdraft your checking account too if there's no money in it, so be careful. Had it go around my wishes of paying by credit card and try to draw money from my bank account!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:20 pm

I use Paypal exclusively. It rocks. Just do it. Smile

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:52 pm

I have used Paypal since 2000..I think. Never had any problems BUT I do hear about a lot of crap that some guys bring on themselves. Ship something.. Insure it and get a signature or delivery confirmation. They do take 3% off the top so keep that in mind. If I have anything over a grand I want a USPO MO. It is very convenient !
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:05 pm

I have used Paypal for years.

It's been reliable. Just make sure you get a signature on delivery of expensive items. They will side with the buyer unless you have proof of receipt.

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:19 pm

YachtDriver wrote:
I have used Paypal for years.

It's been reliable. Just make sure you get a signature on delivery of expensive items. They will side with the buyer unless you have proof of receipt.

Its why all my sales go out with insurance and tracking. No exceptions.
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:23 pm

On that other forum.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:28 pm

[/quote]

Its why all my sales go out with insurance and tracking. No exceptions. [/quote]

a LOT of the Buick guys just ship parts out with nothing for insurance. Then all the pissin contest start Surprised
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Grumpy wrote:

Its why all my sales go out with insurance and tracking. No exceptions. [/quote]

a LOT of the Buick guys just ship parts out with nothing for insurance. Then all the pissin contest start Surprised [/quote]

Personally, if you dont use insurance or even tracking (not saying you personally), I really dont have sympathy if people loose their stuff. Tracking costs like $1.00 and insurance like $3.00, small prices to pay.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Personally, if you dont use insurance or even tracking (not saying you personally), I really dont have sympathy if people loose their stuff. Tracking costs like $1.00 and insurance like $3.00, small prices to pay. [/quote]

I ALWAYS ins it .. I don't play games. I get it out the same day or the next morning after I get their $$. I also send the picture collectors a lot of pics to protect my butt.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:42 pm

I always at least use delivery confirmation. I sell a lot of nickel and dime crap where I don't bother with insurance per se, like stuff I toss in flat rate envelopes and whatnot, but I think with FedEx, which I usually use, you're covered up to 100 bucks, so I write in 100 bucks as a value. LOL

The thing is, shipping cost isn't much of an issue to you, so it makes sense to get insurance and all that, the buyer has to pay it. Some say that might hurt your chances of selling, but if someone wants the part or item and realizes the level of service they're getting as far as shipping is concerned, they'll pay it.

I ship ASAP too, most of my eBay feedback winds up saying so. Cool And TAKE PICTURES! I can't get over the poorly written, one paragraph eBay ads with grainy photos and words all in lowercase, etc...be professional!
Back to top Go down
sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:51 am

Thanks guys

96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone with Paypal Sellers experience   Today at 11:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Someone with Paypal Sellers experience