BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 105 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:02 am
Latest topics
» Dust off / hang out / mod day at my house May 20th
Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:37 pm by Tomz9C1

» Spindles
Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:41 pm by MalibuSSwagon

» Buick rear seat wanted (again)
Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:28 am by MASShole9C1

» Midnight tour of the Allagash Ice Caves July 3rd!
Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:33 pm by boojum

» New Ride, New Forum!
Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:08 am by boojum

» '95 DCM RMW
Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:02 pm by Bull

» Is it just me or does impalassforum suck?
Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:48 am by toomanytoyz

» 94 RMS 60k miles and 94 FWB with 76k for sale
Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:41 pm by CrashMaster

» 94 caprice low miles
Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:22 am by CrashMaster

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:01 pm

So I fill my tank yesterday, and when I am finished and the guy at the pump behind me points and said your leaking fuel. I look under to see fuel pouring out from the top. I get home, lift the car, and get a mirror and flash light. I can see the evap tube is rotted, as is the return line. Damn! So I check Rock auto, and they have a wagon sender for $120 something. So while I am at it, I might as well put in a new AC pump, harness and sock. And since I will have the tank down, time to POR the area, and get new straps. Damn!
Back to top Go down
boojum



Posts : 2158
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 30
Location : NH

PostSubject: Re: F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:09 pm

You might want to check if Dorman makes a sender unit.


Edit:

I don't see one listed by Dorman.

Spectra makes 'em but they are $153 at AZ.


Last edited by boojum on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
96Brougham



Posts : 819
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 29
Location : Easton MA

PostSubject: Re: F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:17 pm

If you think the ones on my parts wagon will be better(and free), stop by and check it out. I sold the engine(via Craigslist) and and am currently starting to remove it, so this thing will be gone in a few weeks.. New england car, but only 66k miles..
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

avatar

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 54
Location : Rumford, Maine

PostSubject: Re: F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Same thing happened to Toms9C1, the light blue one. Got the FP & SU from DAL, that was like 5 years ago. RIP Toms9C1!
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4224
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:19 pm

96Brougham wrote:
If you think the ones on my parts wagon will be better(and free), stop by and check it out. I sold the engine(via Craigslist) and and am currently starting to remove it, so this thing will be gone in a few weeks.. New england car, but only 66k miles..

Yea, I wanted that engine...too bad for failed lines of communication I guess Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
96Brougham



Posts : 819
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 29
Location : Easton MA

PostSubject: Re: F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:18 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
96Brougham wrote:
If you think the ones on my parts wagon will be better(and free), stop by and check it out. I sold the engine(via Craigslist) and and am currently starting to remove it, so this thing will be gone in a few weeks.. New england car, but only 66k miles..

Yea, I wanted that engine...too bad for failed lines of communication I guess Rolling Eyes

It was offered to club members for 300, and I put it on craigslist for 600.. and the guy didn't even argue the price so it worked out
Back to top Go down
bammax

avatar

Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 35
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:53 pm

96Brougham wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:
96Brougham wrote:
If you think the ones on my parts wagon will be better(and free), stop by and check it out. I sold the engine(via Craigslist) and and am currently starting to remove it, so this thing will be gone in a few weeks.. New england car, but only 66k miles..

Yea, I wanted that engine...too bad for failed lines of communication I guess Rolling Eyes

It was offered to club members for 300, and I put it on craigslist for 600.. and the guy didn't even argue the price so it worked out

Works out well since you're buying my car for $400 Wink
Back to top Go down
96Brougham



Posts : 819
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 29
Location : Easton MA

PostSubject: Re: F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:34 pm

J
bammax wrote:
96Brougham wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:
96Brougham wrote:
If you think the ones on my parts wagon will be better(and free), stop by and check it out. I sold the engine(via Craigslist) and and am currently starting to remove it, so this thing will be gone in a few weeks.. New england car, but only 66k miles..

Yea, I wanted that engine...too bad for failed lines of communication I guess Rolling Eyes

It was offered to club members for 300, and I put it on craigslist for 600.. and the guy didn't even argue the price so it worked out

Works out well since you're buying my car for $400 Wink

Hey! I gota see the car first! Me no likey rust..
Back to top Go down
bammax

avatar

Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 35
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:40 pm

Hey Paul......... Razz

call me tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!   

Back to top Go down
 
F#@!! Rotted sender. Damn! North East cars suck!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» North East Model Show 2016
» found**Grundig 1070
» NNL North-East, Granby, Québec, Canada March 17,2013
» 07-19-14 NORTH EAST R/C LEGENDS RACING SERIES #3
» Members Published in Model Cars Contest Cars 2015

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: 91-96 B & D-body tech :: Problems / Maintenance-
Jump to: