BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Got a few things done today EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Got a few things done today EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Got a few things done today EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Got a few things done today EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Got a few things done today EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Got a few things done today EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Got a few things done today EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Got a few things done today EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Got a few things done today

Go down 
+4
toomanytoyz
bammax
Tomz9C1
MASShole9C1
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Got a few things done today Empty
PostSubject: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:13 pm

I removed the betal passenger seat relocators to put the seat in it's correct position. There was two spacers placed to the back. I assume to make the passenger seat level for the police to place things on it. I put them to the front to put more angle on the seat for comfort reasons.
Then I pulled the speedometer display out and performed this fix http://capricess.com/tech/cluster/fading_cluster/fix.htm
, adjusted the slop out of the steering box. Now it feels great. Just need an alignment. cheers , and finally, I removed the rumble seat, and seat belts in the far back to make room for storage.

All four mods/fixes took just a couple hours and cost me nothing but time. afro
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:16 pm

Good job. I love the wagon(and spare time to fix and mod Smile ) Your wagon makes me consider my next money pit to be one! Lots of plans on the drawing board and such geek
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:36 pm

I have superimposing #'s in my digital display in the B4U, I'm guessing that this will do the job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Tomz9C1 wrote:
I have superimposing #'s in my digital display in the B4U, I'm guessing that this will do the job.
It worked for me perfectly. I had superimposed numbers, and fading bad. The other day, I could not see it during the day. Now it works like new. I took it a step further and took an emory board and lightly sanded the contact points smooth, and used q-tips and alcohol to clean the contact points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Got a few more things done today. Replaced the oil cooler lines, and gutted the cats. Anyone know how to hook the SCV on the radio so it works.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:33 pm

From what I understand the scv has it's own dedicated wire coming out of the stereo and it ties directly into the vss signal. I may be off though because on some cars I hear it ties into the signal between the pcm and the speedo.

If you can find the scv wire you can try either source and see which one works correctly. Otherwise wait for someone with the fsm to check their diagrams.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Based on the Lenco diagram for the 94-96 Roadmaster there's a "VF-PWM" wire at E4 that's purple/white and ties into the A/C system. Maybe that's it scratch

The '93 diagram shows the same thing but at C4.

I'd guess that's what you're looking for
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:44 pm

Scratch that.

From Hack
Speed Compensated Volume - DARK GREEN/WHITE Wire - Pin 16

Got a few things done today Radio_10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:51 pm

bammax wrote:
Scratch that.

From Hack
Speed Compensated Volume - DARK GREEN/WHITE Wire - Pin 16

Got a few things done today Radio_10
I assume that is the plug that goes to the back of the radio. But where does the wire go from there? The VSS?, The PCM?, someplace under the dash?
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:57 pm

Most of the times it's disconnected just from getting the wire cut. I'd try to follow the wire from the stock harness and where it ends you'll probably find the other end of the wire just hanging near by. It's not the most technically grand answer, but it's what I would do first. Never like tapping into random wires on a car that has this many electrical signals. If you find the wire has been removed completely then I'm sure someone can pull out an fsm and trace the wire coming from the stereo at pin 16.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:00 pm

bammax wrote:
Most of the times it's disconnected just from getting the wire cut. I'd try to follow the wire from the stock harness and where it ends you'll probably find the other end of the wire just hanging near by. It's not the most technically grand answer, but it's what I would do first. Never like tapping into random wires on a car that has this many electrical signals. If you find the wire has been removed completely then I'm sure someone can pull out an fsm and trace the wire coming from the stereo at pin 16.
I am not sure the 95 b-bodys ever had the option, so I am almost 100% sure there is no wire for it. There may be a slot on the connector, but no wire.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm pretty sure the 95's had that option. I know my 95 had a few extra wires in the stereo harness that I didn't use when I put in the aftermarket stereo. Never had the stock stereo so I don't know if it was hooked up or not.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:32 pm

How's it sound with gutted cats? Give it a weird tone?

Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:50 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
How's it sound with gutted cats? Give it a weird tone?

Yes!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Woah. No need to be so descriptive... Wink
Back to top Go down
mean ss

mean ss

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:39 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
bammax wrote:
I am not sure the 95 b-bodys ever had the option, so I am almost 100% sure there is no wire for it. There may be a slot on the connector, but no wire.
connector C200 cavity D8 drk grn/wht crk 817 VSS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:25 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Woah. No need to be so descriptive... Wink
Sorry
I was on my phone, and it is hard to respond. I will answer later when I can get to my pc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Ok, now that I am home.
The tone is now hollow, and tingy. Also there is more noise in the cabin than before the gutting.
I am not happy with the sound at all, but I was sure I had a broke up cat, so I gutted it to make the noise go away. Problem is the noise is still there. Sounds like a marble in a metal can bouncing around when I first take off under moderate to full throttle, then goes away. It really gets bad if I go around a corner. I think the cats were both a bit clogged, but intact on the Exhaust side, and I was sure the drivers cat had a piece broke off in the manifold side. I am at a loss as to where the mystery noise comes from. I can't duplicate it standing still. I have tried to make it happen as I approch a wall, so I can get an idea of front or back, yet it sounds the same either way. Had one person stand outside the car as I took off and they could not tell either. Really beginning to piss me off. Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Hmm.. my stepfathers car had a noise, a piece of the starter broke off and under half to full throttle would get kicked up and spun by the flywheel.. byt that was more of an "omg wtf just broke inside my engine" kind of noise..
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Try hitting the mufflers. Something rattling in there?

Acorns in the framerails or roof racks? Don't laugh, it's happened before. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:46 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Try hitting the mufflers. Something rattling in there?
My next area to look at.
toomanytoyz wrote:

Acorns in the framerails or roof racks? Don't laugh, it's happened before. Wink
Not there. I had the roof rack off and tried to install those fillers, and cleaned everything up.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:53 pm

Bill M., take a deep breath. Now step away from the FOR SALE sign.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:57 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Bill M., take a deep breath. Now step away from the FOR SALE sign.

Tom C.
I threw that old thing away.

Just want to find the culprit. I have already wasted a good pair of cats trying to find it.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 pm

On the 3rd take me for a spin around the block. I'm good at distinguishing sound direction. Something about being able to tell if a sound is coming from my right or left ear and then shifting my head to pinpoint. Like a radar tower Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:54 am

bammax wrote:
On the 3rd take me for a spin around the block. I'm good at distinguishing sound direction. Something about being able to tell if a sound is coming from my right or left ear and then shifting my head to pinpoint. Like a radar tower Laughing
Cool! I can duct tape you to the driveshaft, and you can listen for the sound. Razz jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:02 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
bammax wrote:
Cool! I can duct tape you to the driveshaft, and you can listen for the sound. Razz jocolor geek

Might be tricky to pinpoint with all the spinning Razz
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:25 pm

bammax wrote:
I'm good at distinguishing sound direction. Something about being able to tell if a sound is coming from my right or left ear and then shifting my head to pinpoint. Like a radar tower Laughing

In this case the noise is coming from Brads mouth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:26 pm

sdstick wrote:
bammax wrote:
I'm good at distinguishing sound direction. Something about being able to tell if a sound is coming from my right or left ear and then shifting my head to pinpoint. Like a radar tower Laughing

In this case the noise is coming from Brads mouth
LOL! Laughing Razz Very Happy jocolor geek

And poor brad has not said a word. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a few things done today   Got a few things done today Empty

Back to top Go down

Got a few things done today
Page 1 of 1