BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» Tee shirts and shit for the roundup?
Today at 6:26 am by toomanytoyz

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Yesterday at 6:52 am by silverfox103

» 95 9C1
Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:45 pm by Matt Trakker

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:07 pm by MASShole9C1

» For all B-bodies
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:59 am by sdstick

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 SEM for Caprice Gray?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Anyone know what the matching SEM is for the '93 Gray? Someone said its the "Medium Gray" but according to the chart, it looks too dark. #15803 "Opel Gray" looks like it would work thou.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yourautotrim-store_2121_189664597
Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1458
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Justin, call VinylPro: http://www.vinylpro.com/

They can custom mix SEM colors. This may be your grey color.

Ruby Red GM code 79I = SEM 4791
Light Beige (Tan) GM code 64I= SEM 4693
Light Grey (SS Grey) GM code 14I= SEM 4698
Med DRK Adriatic Blue (94 to 96 Police car blue) GM code 30I= SEM 4820

Tom
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1



Posts : 1483
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 53
Location : Rumford, Maine

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:16 am

Med DRK Adriatic Blue (94 to 96 Police car blue) GM code 30I= SEM 4820
This what I was looking for to do my 12 ways, nice! I didn't have to go far! Thanks Tom.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1458
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:01 am

Tomz9C1 wrote:
Med DRK Adriatic Blue (94 to 96 Police car blue) GM code 30I= SEM 4820
This what I was looking for to do my 12 ways, nice! I didn't have to go far! Thanks Tom.

It is a perfect match, I used it on my console and door panel repairs.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:02 pm

Tom,

Is that SEM 4698 a custom number? I can't find that online or at Vinyl Pro. I emailed them so hopefully they can tell me.
Back to top Go down
mean ss



Posts : 648
Join date : 2009-02-25
Age : 58
Location : Nashua NH.

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:26 pm

medium grey (#15393) is for the Impalas 94-96
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:45 pm

mean ss wrote:
medium grey (#15393) is for the Impalas 94-96

Yeah, thats the color someone on Longroof gave me, but it looks too dark to match mine.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103



Posts : 1458
Join date : 2009-01-25
Age : 21
Location : Littleton, NH & St. Simons Island, GA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi Justin

Yes that is a custom color, which they mix, you will not find it on the chart. Call them up, they are real helpful.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
bammax



Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 34
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
mean ss wrote:
medium grey (#15393) is for the Impalas 94-96

Yeah, thats the color someone on Longroof gave me, but it looks too dark to match mine.

You never realize how much the sun fades colors until you get a sample of the original. I'm guessing that color probably is the right one and it'll match up well to the back of the door panels and such.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Ok, Talked to Vinyl Pro. He said I need SEM 17123. He's trying to get a matching number for the Color Coat series so I can shoot my plastic dash piece and my vinyl seats. But looking at the chart online, 17123 still looks too dark.
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp



Posts : 1562
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 31
Location : working a corner near you

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:54 pm

i spray a lot of interiors at the dealership..... all the SEM colors look darker but usually dry to a lighter tone.
apply in light coats, allowing each coat to dry before the next is applied.
dont spray to heavy it will cause headaches!!!!.......

..... also robbins auto parts stores will custom mix spray cans to what you need
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:05 pm

bowtiepimp wrote:
i spray a lot of interiors at the dealership..... all the SEM colors look darker but usually dry to a lighter tone.
apply in light coats, allowing each coat to dry before the next is applied.
dont spray to heavy it will cause headaches!!!!.......

..... also robbins auto parts stores will custom mix spray cans to what you need
I will add to this. Wash with a mild degreaser soap like "dawn", and a fine scotchbrite pad. But do not get too wet. After it dries, wipe it again with a wax and grease remover on a rag. Then you are ready to paint. First coat should be just a dusct coat to cover the old color. I would give it 3 even coats with a half hour in between coats.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:16 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
bowtiepimp wrote:
i spray a lot of interiors at the dealership..... all the SEM colors look darker but usually dry to a lighter tone.
apply in light coats, allowing each coat to dry before the next is applied.
dont spray to heavy it will cause headaches!!!!.......

..... also robbins auto parts stores will custom mix spray cans to what you need
I will add to this. Wash with a mild degreaser soap like "dawn", and a fine scotchbrite pad. But do not get too wet. After it dries, wipe it again with a wax and grease remover on a rag. Then you are ready to paint. First coat should be just a dusct coat to cover the old color. I would give it 3 even coats with a half hour in between coats.

I scrubbed the seats down today with Simple green to get all the moldy/gross bits off then hit them with leather and vinyl cleaner. Should I scrub them with Dawn next?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
bowtiepimp wrote:
i spray a lot of interiors at the dealership..... all the SEM colors look darker but usually dry to a lighter tone.
apply in light coats, allowing each coat to dry before the next is applied.
dont spray to heavy it will cause headaches!!!!.......

..... also robbins auto parts stores will custom mix spray cans to what you need
I will add to this. Wash with a mild degreaser soap like "dawn", and a fine scotchbrite pad. But do not get too wet. After it dries, wipe it again with a wax and grease remover on a rag. Then you are ready to paint. First coat should be just a dusct coat to cover the old color. I would give it 3 even coats with a half hour in between coats.

I scrubbed the seats down today with Simple green to get all the moldy/gross bits off then hit them with leather and vinyl cleaner. Should I scrub them with Dawn next?
Yes. Then get some wax and grease remover or even some mineral spirits and wipe it down. You want a very good base for the paint to stick too. Especialy on a seat.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:28 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
bowtiepimp wrote:
i spray a lot of interiors at the dealership..... all the SEM colors look darker but usually dry to a lighter tone.
apply in light coats, allowing each coat to dry before the next is applied.
dont spray to heavy it will cause headaches!!!!.......

..... also robbins auto parts stores will custom mix spray cans to what you need
I will add to this. Wash with a mild degreaser soap like "dawn", and a fine scotchbrite pad. But do not get too wet. After it dries, wipe it again with a wax and grease remover on a rag. Then you are ready to paint. First coat should be just a dusct coat to cover the old color. I would give it 3 even coats with a half hour in between coats.

I scrubbed the seats down today with Simple green to get all the moldy/gross bits off then hit them with leather and vinyl cleaner. Should I scrub them with Dawn next?
Yes. Then get some wax and grease remover or even some mineral spirits and wipe it down. You want a very good base for the paint to stick too. Especialy on a seat.

Will do, if Vinyl Pro gets back to me, I wanna order the SEM this week as I want the seats in for Roundup. Im just worried that i'm going to spray the seats and they wont match the rears and my OCD will kick in and it'll all be downhill from there Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Mike from Vinyl Pro called me back. Turns out 17123 equals this code:

silverfox103 wrote:
Light Grey (SS Grey) GM code 14I= SEM 4698

Just ordered 3 cans, will be here by next week. Seats may just go in for roundup Cool
Back to top Go down
mean ss



Posts : 648
Join date : 2009-02-25
Age : 58
Location : Nashua NH.

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Mike from Vinyl Pro called me back. Turns out 17123 equals this code:

silverfox103 wrote:
Light Grey (SS Grey) GM code 14I= SEM 4698

Just ordered 3 cans, will be here by next week. Seats may just go in for roundup Cool

is your gray different than the Impala gray? FYI it took me 2 cans of black just to do my dash pad
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:04 pm

mean ss wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Mike from Vinyl Pro called me back. Turns out 17123 equals this code:

silverfox103 wrote:
Light Grey (SS Grey) GM code 14I= SEM 4698

Just ordered 3 cans, will be here by next week. Seats may just go in for roundup Cool

is your gray different than the Impala gray? FYI it took me 2 cans of black just to do my dash pad

Not by much, if any from what I can tell. He recommended 2-3 cans for the seats. So I went with 3 just to be safe. If I need more, then so be it, but hopefully i'll have enough.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Ordered my SEM from Vinyl Pro. Got here today. Started shooting the seats. Got the first one done. Dam it looks good. Almost a perfect flippin match too. Wicked happy.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Sweet! Looking good Arrow
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Ordered my SEM from Vinyl Pro. Got here today. Started shooting the seats. Got the first one done. Dam it looks good. Almost a perfect flippin match too. Wicked happy.
Nice job.
1 can?

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:55 pm

sdstick wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Ordered my SEM from Vinyl Pro. Got here today. Started shooting the seats. Got the first one done. Dam it looks good. Almost a perfect flippin match too. Wicked happy.
Nice job.
1 can?

I ordered 3 cans. It was a can per seat. 3/4 of the 3rd can did the dash surround and a Riviera console. I'm taking a break as the fumes, even with both garage doors open and a fan going gave me a headache... drunken
Back to top Go down
No Moa



Posts : 3863
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 44
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:28 pm

Sweet! Looks great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
I'm taking a break as the fumes, even with both garage doors open and a fan going gave me a headache... drunken

SEM grey lungs Rolling Eyes

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SEM for Caprice Gray?   Today at 8:15 am

Back to top Go down
 
SEM for Caprice Gray?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» SEM for Caprice Gray?
» Roadmaster and Caprice Wagon doors
» 2011 PPV 9C1 Caprice
» WTB Caprice 9C1/LTZ Dash Bezel
» 87 caprice 2 door boxy.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: 91-96 B & D-body tech :: Modifications / Performance-
Jump to: