BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 132 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 pm
Latest topics
» 96 SS console, shifter, cable, brackets
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:35 am by No Moa

» Lots of 77-79 B-body Parts New and Used
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 pm by Rossj

» Pictures from the 2017 Roundup
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:00 pm by Big Wagon Guy

» Brake line size help
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 pm by 1984twodoor

» Surprise Surprise!
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:17 pm by Big Wagon Guy

» 1980 Coupe De Ville
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 pm by IMPALADAKID

» 2017 10th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 am by Big Wagon Guy

» Frame
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:26 pm by MASShole9C1

» Random parts for sale
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 pm by sdstick

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Did a smoke test today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Did a smoke test today   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Found that on the intake side of the engine, the throttle shaft leaks from around the spring area...any ideas on what the best course of action is? Maybe a new TB, somehow. Not too too important, but I'd like to fix it.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
avatar

Posts : 6878
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 41
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Did a smoke test today   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:28 pm

I've got a TB you can have if you want it...

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bammax

avatar

Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 36
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: Did a smoke test today   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:29 pm

You talking cooling system or air system for the smoke? If it's cooling then it's probably the gasket on top. If it's air intake then I'd guess that there's just a little play where the throttle shaft passes through the housing. I don't know if there's an o-ring in there or not since most people aren't as concerned with that stuff as you and wouldn't ever notice Razz

Take one apart and see if it's an o-ring system and if so then you can fix it. If it's just a matter or being a "press fit" type setup then the housing is probably just wearing down a bit and would need to get swapped out. Either way it's going to be more trouble then it's worth since the throttle body isn't a dry system.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Did a smoke test today   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:31 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I've got a TB you can have if you want it...

I can grab it sunday...Thats still on correct???
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Did a smoke test today   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:32 pm

bammax wrote:
You talking cooling system or air system for the smoke? If it's cooling then it's probably the gasket on top. If it's air intake then I'd guess that there's just a little play where the throttle shaft passes through the housing. I don't know if there's an o-ring in there or not since most people aren't as concerned with that stuff as you and wouldn't ever notice Razz

Take one apart and see if it's an o-ring system and if so then you can fix it. If it's just a matter or being a "press fit" type setup then the housing is probably just wearing down a bit and would need to get swapped out. Either way it's going to be more trouble then it's worth since the throttle body isn't a dry system.


It's the intake side, I just like to know everything. thats all... geek
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
avatar

Posts : 6878
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 41
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Did a smoke test today   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:34 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
I've got a TB you can have if you want it...

I can grab it sunday...Thats still on correct???

Yup

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bammax

avatar

Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 36
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: Did a smoke test today   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:35 pm

Best I can do without bothering to try Razz


Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Did a smoke test today   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
I've got a TB you can have if you want it...

I can grab it sunday...Thats still on correct???

Yup

Would it be terrible if we got there around 9:00 am? My then wife, has to open her building at work a 6:30 am and we are getting married the day before. We are going to swing it...go big or go home I guess. We will try to get away early, maybe 6 and be there on time...we'll see.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4243
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Did a smoke test today   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:44 pm

bammax wrote:
Best I can do without bothering to try Razz




I have that somewhere. Thanks. its from the spring side...so probably an o ring, we'll see what the new one does after sunday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Did a smoke test today   

Back to top Go down
 
Did a smoke test today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Old Motor Week Jon Moss T56 Impala SS road test video
» MGP filming today (update: new pics in thread)
» TTA Road test
» Stupidity test failed
» Threw in the PCM today!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: 91-96 B & D-body tech :: Problems / Maintenance-
Jump to: