BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» Charcoal gray Bonneville seats
Today at 7:14 pm by Matt Trakker

» Tee shirts and shit for the roundup?
Today at 9:24 am by MalibuSSwagon

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Yesterday at 6:52 am by silverfox103

» 95 9C1
Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:45 pm by Matt Trakker

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:07 pm by MASShole9C1

» For all B-bodies
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:59 am by sdstick

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:08 pm

225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires - $225 or best offer
I have a set of 4 used 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T run flat tires for sale. These all have 8/32 of tread left or 75% of the original 11/32 when new. They are capable of running at 55mph for 50 miles with little or no air pressure. New these are over $200 ea. But here they are $225.00 for all 4 tires. They are a little chopped however, as they were on a mini van that needed an alignment, but can be rotated to smooth them back out.












Back to top Go down
bammax



Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 34
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 pm

I'd grab those in a second if I had wheels to put them on. That's a great deal
Back to top Go down
96Brougham



Posts : 819
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 28
Location : Easton MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:49 pm

GL with the sale, id try craigslist. That's a good price your askin. I've seen Sienna's chew those tires up in less than 30k, you should be able to sell quickly!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:10 pm

96Brougham wrote:
GL with the sale, id try craigslist. That's a good price your askin. I've seen Sienna's chew those tires up in less than 30k, you should be able to sell quickly!
That is what they came off of. Very Happy

Done last nite Wink
http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/1872577518.html
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:18 pm

How about $150?
Back to top Go down
Pooge



Posts : 1697
Join date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Billy, how are these as far as road noise? We have a noisy set on the Suby, if these would fit and are relatively quite, I would grab them.

Doug

_________________
1996 Impala SS - 45K original miles - 5.3 LS swap - Brand new Bilsteins...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Pooge wrote:
Billy, how are these as far as road noise? We have a noisy set on the Suby, if these would fit and are relatively quite, I would grab them.

Doug
I know they were just starting to chop on the outside edges due to a bad alignment. They were a little noisey. A simple rotation would have fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Pooge



Posts : 1697
Join date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:57 pm

I'll check her tire size and get back to you. Her tires are louder than my chopped up BFG All Terrains... it's incredibly annoying

Doug

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Pooge wrote:
Billy, how are these as far as road noise? We have a noisy set on the Suby, if these would fit and are relatively quite, I would grab them.

Doug
I know they were just starting to chop on the outside edges due to a bad alignment. They were a little noisey. A simple rotation would have fixed it.

_________________
1996 Impala SS - 45K original miles - 5.3 LS swap - Brand new Bilsteins...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:24 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Pooge wrote:
Billy, how are these as far as road noise? We have a noisy set on the Suby, if these would fit and are relatively quite, I would grab them.

Doug
I know they were just starting to chop on the outside edges due to a bad alignment. They were a little noisey. A simple rotation would have fixed it.
Hows about $100? Wink
Back to top Go down
Pooge



Posts : 1697
Join date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Sorry Billy, no dice, they are too big

Doug

_________________
1996 Impala SS - 45K original miles - 5.3 LS swap - Brand new Bilsteins...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Billy, how big is the difference between 225/45/17 and 225/60? I have stock 45's on my VW...
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Stock Tire - 225/45R17 ------------------------- 225/60R17
Rim Width Range: 7 - 8.5 in ----------------------- Rim Width Range: 6 - 8 in
Overall Diameter: 24.97 in 634.23 mm ------------- Overall Diameter: 27.62 in 701.54
Sidewall Height: 3.98 in 101.09 mm ------------- Sidewall Height: 5.31 in 134.87 mm
Circumference: 78.44 in 1992.3 mm ------------- Circumference: 86.77 in 2203.9 mm


Speedometer Difference: - Speedometer Difference: 10.61% too slow
Diameter Difference: - Diameter Difference: 9.6%

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:00 pm

sdstick wrote:
Stock Tire - 225/45R17 ------------------------- 225/60R17
Rim Width Range: 7 - 8.5 in ----------------------- Rim Width Range: 6 - 8 in
Overall Diameter: 24.97 in 634.23 mm ------------- Overall Diameter: 27.62 in 701.54
Sidewall Height: 3.98 in 101.09 mm ------------- Sidewall Height: 5.31 in 134.87 mm
Circumference: 78.44 in 1992.3 mm ------------- Circumference: 86.77 in 2203.9 mm


Speedometer Difference: - Speedometer Difference: 10.61% too slow
Diameter Difference: - Diameter Difference: 9.6%

But will they fit on my stock rim? I might snag them for a set of spares.
Back to top Go down
bammax



Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 34
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:04 pm

If you have a 17" rim then they should fit. No guarantee on the fender clearance though. Same width but a taller tire.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
sdstick wrote:
Stock Tire - 225/45R17 ------------------------- 225/60R17
Rim Width Range: 7 - 8.5 in ----------------------- Rim Width Range: 6 - 8 in
Overall Diameter: 24.97 in 634.23 mm ------------- Overall Diameter: 27.62 in 701.54
Sidewall Height: 3.98 in 101.09 mm ------------- Sidewall Height: 5.31 in 134.87 mm
Circumference: 78.44 in 1992.3 mm ------------- Circumference: 86.77 in 2203.9 mm


Speedometer Difference: - Speedometer Difference: 10.61% too slow
Diameter Difference: - Diameter Difference: 9.6%

But will they fit on my stock rim? I might snag them for a set of spares.
Would raise the car about an 1 1/4", and tuck in the fenderwells at the top the same. Could fit, but would throw your speedo off as Steve mentioned.
Back to top Go down
sdstick



Posts : 4277
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:11 am

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
sdstick wrote:

Speedometer Difference: - Speedometer Difference: 10.61% too slow

But will they fit on my stock rim? I might snag them for a set of spares.
....... but would throw your speedo off......

Do you drive the VW in the winter? I always liked a tall tire in the winter
and the larger diameter wont hurt there either.
As far as the speedo...
its a built in excuse...
Officer I just put on these new tires & I THINK they messed up my speedo....DUH!

For the $ you cant go wrong

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4475
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:34 pm

sdstick wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
sdstick wrote:

Speedometer Difference: - Speedometer Difference: 10.61% too slow

But will they fit on my stock rim? I might snag them for a set of spares.
....... but would throw your speedo off......

Do you drive the VW in the winter? I always liked a tall tire in the winter
and the larger diameter wont hurt there either.
As far as the speedo...
its a built in excuse...
Officer I just put on these new tires & I THINK they messed up my speedo....DUH!

For the $ you cant go wrong

I do. My VW is my daily. I'm gonna give my buddy a call, he has thrown bigger tires on his. I'll see what he says. Like you said, its a good price.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:23 pm

I can bring these sunday if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires    Today at 9:53 pm

Back to top Go down
 
F/S 225/60/17 Dunlop SP4000T Run flat tires
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Re-fret of a Pantera (or any Rosewood/Ebony neck)
» Rainbow 1 - Antique Walnut - 1986
» caspian blue pantera x390 with bendmaster deluxe
» Old/new compressor
» 4 dunlop mud rover 33x12.50x15

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: NE marketplace :: Parts for sale or wanted-
Jump to: