BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 132 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 pm
Latest topics
» 1980 coupe DeVille for sale
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:25 am by IMPALADAKID

» 96 SS console, shifter, cable, brackets
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:01 pm by No Moa

» Lots of 77-79 B-body Parts New and Used
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 pm by Rossj

» Pictures from the 2017 Roundup
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:00 pm by Big Wagon Guy

» Brake line size help
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:08 pm by 1984twodoor

» Surprise Surprise!
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:17 pm by Big Wagon Guy

» 1980 Coupe De Ville
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 pm by IMPALADAKID

» 2017 10th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 am by Big Wagon Guy

» Frame
Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:26 pm by MASShole9C1

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 WTB dash cluster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4244
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: WTB dash cluster   Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:33 pm

I'm looking for a good working digital or analog dash cluster for my '94
Back to top Go down
No Moa

avatar

Posts : 3891
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 45
Location : Midcoast Maine

PostSubject: Re: WTB dash cluster   Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Do you care about mileage?
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4244
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: WTB dash cluster   Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 pm

If it were a digital replacement, wouldn't the PCM give the propper read out? And, if it were analog, could I roll the #s to the propper ones/ documenting a cluster change would probably save my rear when selling the car. Any input in the swap is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 30
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: WTB dash cluster   Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
If it were a digital replacement, wouldn't the PCM give the propper read out? And, if it were analog, could I roll the #s to the propper ones/ documenting a cluster change would probably save my rear when selling the car. Any input in the swap is much appreciated.

Someone told me you could reprogram the digital ones (idk how true that is) and if its analog and you roll it to the correct mileage do you still have to say its been replaced?
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4244
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: WTB dash cluster   Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:13 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:
If it were a digital replacement, wouldn't the PCM give the propper read out? And, if it were analog, could I roll the #s to the propper ones/ documenting a cluster change would probably save my rear when selling the car. Any input in the swap is much appreciated.

Someone told me you could reprogram the digital ones (idk how true that is) and if its analog and you roll it to the correct mileage do you still have to say its been replaced?

I was thinking exactly that with the analog, but I would be making an uneducated guess that the computer's stored mileage would show up digitally anyway...
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4481
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 30
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: WTB dash cluster   Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:15 pm

MASShole9C1 wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
MASShole9C1 wrote:
If it were a digital replacement, wouldn't the PCM give the propper read out? And, if it were analog, could I roll the #s to the propper ones/ documenting a cluster change would probably save my rear when selling the car. Any input in the swap is much appreciated.

Someone told me you could reprogram the digital ones (idk how true that is) and if its analog and you roll it to the correct mileage do you still have to say its been replaced?

I was thinking exactly that with the analog, but I would be making an uneducated guess that the computer's stored mileage would show up digitally anyway...

True. But I have no knowledge of PCM's or the clusters so I really cant help. But I would imagine that the PCM would store the actual mileage, at least on an OBD2 car.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

avatar

Posts : 4244
Join date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: WTB dash cluster   Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Yea. Damn those stone age OBD I cars! But thanks for helpin out this late @ night. I'm sure I will get a definate answer soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

avatar

Posts : 1491
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 54
Location : Rumford, Maine

PostSubject: Re: WTB dash cluster   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:25 am

I think the milage is stored in the cluster itself, someone can jump in and verify.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

avatar

Posts : 4287
Join date : 2009-03-20
Location : Revere, MA

PostSubject: Re: WTB dash cluster   Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:59 am

Tomz9C1 wrote:
I think the milage is stored in the cluster itself, someone can jump in and verify.

Correct.
As far as setting them, it can be done
I dont know who (or how) but I know it can.
Ask a speedo repair shop, they'll know

_________________
Steve


96BBB 28K 3.42 Bolt-ons
95BBB 100K 3.73 383 New DD...already broke fixt the 4L60E twice
95 Black WB4 Hole...ee...grail
96 Black WB4 No holes in this
95BBB 189K 3.08 Old DD Stolen...by Matt. Cool
Whine..eee...Silver LS6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: WTB dash cluster   

Back to top Go down
 
WTB dash cluster
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Finally Did The 9C1 Cluster Swap
» WTB Caprice 9C1/LTZ Dash Bezel
» RMXP = TAP, DASH, BLURRR...
» Z28 Cluster Gauge Overlay - $45
» WTB 94-96 upper and lower dash...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: NE marketplace :: Parts for sale or wanted-
Jump to: