BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Farm Stand Thiefs EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Farm Stand Thiefs EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Farm Stand Thiefs EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Farm Stand Thiefs EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Farm Stand Thiefs EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Farm Stand Thiefs EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Farm Stand Thiefs EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Farm Stand Thiefs EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Farm Stand Thiefs EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Farm Stand Thiefs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deputy347K9

Farm Stand Thiefs Empty
PostSubject: Farm Stand Thiefs   Farm Stand Thiefs EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:28 am

Since I became disabled on September 3, 2008 Holly and I depend much more on money we earn at our farm stand. We grow many different items that we sell on an "honor system". You can get fresh berries, squash, beets, beans, cucumbers, corn, many different flowers as well. A person picks up what they want and put the money in the "honor box". Not much honor to it!!

We plant about 7 thousand glads that sell for $1.00 each, well that should bring in about $6K taking into consideration you will loose a few here and there. We bring in about $3,500.00, nearly a 50% loss. In the last week we have been ripped off twice. I caught the first lady, 65 year old Carol Fields of Standish Maine, she got away with $25.00 worth of items and did not pay one red cent. Seeing her I drove directly to her home with the police behind me. Of course she states she forgot to pay, forgot! A woman with over 20 theft convictions forgot. Yesterday in the hot sun Holly and I picked blueberries for about 3 hours, some one stole 3 boxes within one hour of putting them out.

We are so sorely disappointed with the actions of so many, we work so darn hard to make ends meet and people steal from us. It's becoming so bad that we believe this will without question be our very last year of selling from the farm stand.

When I became sick I took a $2,800.00 a month NET pay cut. We live on my military pension, we have asked for no help from anyone or any agency. Hoping to make $10K per year from our farm, a licensed farm that MUST pay taxes to the great State of Maine for every penny that goes into the "honor box". Then you have these despicable people that feel they can steal what ever they want. These are people who have never worked the land to know how hard it is to make ends meet.

I hope ever who stole the berries gets the shits!

Thanks for listening guys as I need to vent before I stick a cucumber up some guys ass!

Larry
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

Farm Stand Thiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Stand Thiefs   Farm Stand Thiefs EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 am

Damn Larry that sucks.. Cant trust anybody these days huh.. I'd rig a couple cameras and just get plate #s to catch the thieves..
Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

Farm Stand Thiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Stand Thiefs   Farm Stand Thiefs EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:07 pm

F|>]|€s will steal anything. WTF. Sorry to hear it Larry. The honor system and the handshake deal no longer apply in this world. It's sad really
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Deputy347K9

Farm Stand Thiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Stand Thiefs   Farm Stand Thiefs EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:46 am

The son came up last weekend and installed a camera that we can view from inside the home. Works great. This past week the wife would see the cars pull in and she was out there before they could exit the vehicle. Amazing, we had a very strong week! Of course as she appeared a couple of people told her they were just looking to see what we had. Sure thing! Surprise!

Well I have to go and get on the State of Maine Web site so I can pay my August taxes for sales. Maine needs the money! The rest of the receipts will pay for the yearly property tax, vehicle registrations, and auto insurances.

Take care
Larry

Back to top Go down
No Moa

No Moa

Farm Stand Thiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Stand Thiefs   Farm Stand Thiefs EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:59 am

Good lord, don't forget to pay Maine!!! It's already broke 2 times over
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Pooge

Pooge

Farm Stand Thiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Stand Thiefs   Farm Stand Thiefs EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:14 am

Deputy347K9 wrote:

Well I have to go and get on the State of Maine Web site so I can pay my August taxes for sales. Maine needs the money! The rest of the receipts will pay for the yearly property tax, vehicle registrations, and auto insurances.

Take care
Larry

That's a nice little setup you have there. Oh how rich I could be without having to pay those things! Smile

Glad you have things back under control.

Doug
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

Farm Stand Thiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Stand Thiefs   Farm Stand Thiefs EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Sorry to hear Larry. Sounds like the camera will help a bunch. How late in the season do you stay open?
Back to top Go down
Deputy347K9

Farm Stand Thiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Stand Thiefs   Farm Stand Thiefs EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:03 am

We are open into early October, during that time we have corn stalks. Lot of work but it pays the bills and makes the ends meet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Farm Stand Thiefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farm Stand Thiefs   Farm Stand Thiefs Empty

Back to top Go down

Farm Stand Thiefs
Page 1 of 1