BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:08 pm

bowtiepimp wrote:
its the ugliest sexy big b@%*! i've seen in awhile.....

Does this mean Crovo is a chubby chaser? I mean look at the back of Marshmallow, all big and wide.... Wink
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:11 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:12 pm

bowtiepimp wrote:
Bite your tung. Those cars are the balls.

mean ss wrote:
429ci 66 Calais scratch
I should have seen it. So it is a 429/powerglide combo. Probably run forever.

Cadet57 wrote:
bowtiepimp wrote:

Does this mean Crovo is a chubby chaser? I mean look at the back of Marshmallow, all big and wide.... Wink
He is chubby alright, but he's no chaser. Razz

Last edited by IMPALADAKID on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:15 pm

no hate all love...... everyone should have a caddy in the driveway......
Back to top Go down
mean ss

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:18 pm

http://100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1960/cad66s.htm
Back to top Go down
GasTT

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Bill, you will have to let me take this thing for a spin. I have always dreamed of driving one of those monstrous caddis.

I also have a suggestion.. dont go too over the top on this one keep it original!!!!
Back to top Go down
bammax

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Stop posting pics. It's making me miss my '66 Bonneville Sad
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:14 pm

I thought it was blue. What did you do paint it satin white?
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:24 pm

oh its blue alright...... about three shades of faded, bubbling rust, patch work baby blue
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:59 pm

Going with BLACK SATIN paint I presume?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:23 pm

I dunno if the belts are stock, but it's got belts in it. Smile And what's new in your driveway, Bobby?

It's a 429/TH400! Wooo!!!! The thing is a friggin moster. Frame is a bit more rotted than I thought it was though. Ruht row. Anyone got an old bedframe laying around I could cut up? Razz

I wish I could let you guys see it tomorrow, but with all the hours we've put into it, we're still right where we started. It's dead-ended on Al's lift right now. Grrrr... I feel like an ass. But all the parts that were supposed to be right for it, weren't. So we're back to square one. I'll drive it eventually! I wanted to just put it back together, but he talked me out of it...

As far as plans for it? Yeah, I plan to paint it. I'm going to use a color I saw on a new Harley. It's a metallic medium blue satin. I'll do that on top and sating black on the sides. Stock wheelcovers or just painted black steelies with bullet centers. Maybe some tint, but I dunno. I have to do something about the tunes too. Probly gonna build a small MDF box on the floor in front of the seat for a CD player and a couple 4" speakers and some 6x9's on the rear deck. Stuff that won't "destroy" the interior at all.

But first things first, we need to fix the brakes. Then a few lighting electrical issues. Then figure out why the AC stopped working. Gotta remove the old alarm system and patch the frame too. Knowing the way I am, I'll fix the brakes and electricals first, then do the stereo. Paint it in the next couple weeks, then worry about the frame. Wink

EDIT: Oh yeah... It already has a name and going to get the plate for it Monday. "CADIRAT" Very Happy

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
mean ss

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:15 pm

it's in the garage billy cant wait for my sister to see it affraid
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:35 pm

i cant wait this things gonna be wicked...... deep from the depths of hell Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bammax

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:45 pm

I figure you'll spray it black, tint the windows, put on a few different sets of wheels, then sell it and cry. Just like every other car you had Razz

Let me know when you get to that point because I may be interested Wink
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:17 pm

I dunno about the wheels Brad. I'll probably keep the steelies that are on it with the hubcaps. They're pretty cool. Seems no one makes a Spyder cap in a 5 on 5. Boo.

I'm pretty excited about it. Smile

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
M.ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:49 am

Now that's a real f ing Car.=FULL size. Got style. Very unigue.
Good luck with the rust. Getting parts for it is gonna be tough.
Reminds me of my first real car .
70/71 Buick Electra 225.
That thing was HUGE.
Engine wouldn't guit.
Like everything north of wherever.
Rust did it in.

Back to top Go down
No Moa

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:39 am

Sweet!!! My dads got a 71 FWD 500ci elderado. Thing is massive. We found it in a barn, the hood weighs about 1500 pounds. Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:18 am

Dude, awesome! I saw a 67 CDV drive by today, I've always wanted one of these cars...neighbor used to have a brown 66 just like that back in the early-mid 90s.

I'll have to post the pics of the 65 Calais I found in the woods behind a mansion I did some work on last year...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:07 am

SO a little update... Al and I FINALLY got the damn thing back on the road on Tuesday night. Woot! Got a good set of brakes in it all around, right front wheel cylinder, and a new brakeline and she's back! It had a "no crank" issue too and we couldn't get it to start all the time and I noticed there was no ground from the battery to the frame rail!!! affraid There was just one from the battery to the fenderwell and that was it! So I dilled a hole in the framerail and ran a 4 gauge ground from the fenderwell to the frame and it cranks right over every time now. The automatic climate control/AC even started working (intermittently Wink) again! Woot!

So I've put about 120 miles on it so far and MAN! It drives so nice! It just floats down the road and the brakes are getting better with every stop. I'm even digging the AM radio for now. See:

It still has a few issues that need to be sorted out. There's something wicked funky going on with the parking lights/directional circuit. There's an 80's-era Viper alarm in there that I am pretty sure is at least part of the culprit, if not the entire issue, but it is nothing like I've ever seen, so I don't want to attempt to remove it myself. I have a friend who is a car stereo/alarm guru and he's gonna get it out of there for me next week some time. I also ordered the factory service manual on CD so I could trace out the wiring diagrams and hopefully that'll get here soon. I will probably remove and clean the grounds I can find and then even run a couple more 4 gauge ones from the body to the frame to be sure everything has a proper ground.

And as much as I hate to admit it, the color is REALLY growing on me. I really wanted to do that two-tone paint job, but this color really is the balls. There's NOTHING like it out there on the streets now! It stands out in any lot, and gets more thumbs up and shouts on the road than any other car I've owned. Seriously. So, not sure what I'm gonna do with that. I may have Chris buff it out (settle down) and get some Von Dutch style pinstriping done on it instead. Stay tuned for that.

It does have a few occasional weird clunks and shimmys and such, but it doesn't seem like anything serious. I've had it to almost 80 on the highway and it goes smooth and straight and even backroad driving is getting better with each turn. The engine runs the balls, doesn't smoke, and fires every time. Feels very strong. The tranny shifts nice and smooth and does what it's supposed to do. I just really can't believe what a "driver" it's turning out to be.

I even took the wife and baby out for ice cream in it tonight! It sure was a challenge getting that baby seat in the back, but it was worth it. And for the record, both Keri-Lyn AND Bella pretty much hate it, as far as I can tell. (Which kinda makes me love it even more! Very Happy)

So that's the update I'm sure you guys have been dying to hear. I'm so friggin stoked about this stupid old car that I can't even begin to explain it. Hell, I even went out and bought a fedora today. Who does that? LOL!

Oh, and another side note. Ever been working in the shop or garage and REALLY needed to listen to your iPod because you were sick of friggin commercials and didn't have a cable to hook it to the radio?

Neither have me and Al. Wink

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
bowtiepimp

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:20 pm

who knew swiss cheese rode so nice........ two mins down the road and getting compliments....... nice grab bill.....
cant wait for more to come...... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bammax

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:18 pm

My Bonny had the negative to the engine and nothing more for grounds. It's amazing how far wiring has advanced through the years.

The viper alarm should only have a handfull of connections to the car.

Power
Ground
Door switch (sometimes they use the domelight wire instead if there's more than a couple doors)
Possibly an ignition power to keep it from arming when the key's in (usually connected at base of steering column)
The rest of the wiring should be just control module to speaker and control module to antenna (if it's external)

Find the speaker and remove it and all it's wiring. That wiring will lead you directly to the control module. Then just remove that and it's wiring which will lead you to anything else that was wired in after the fact. You should be able to tell the 80's viper wiring from the 60's GM wiring Wink
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks for the tips, Brad. I've got that all pretty much figured out, but the ALARM is nothing like I've seen. And I want my friend to make sure it ALL gets removed. Ain't nothin wrong with that. Wink

And the weirdness I think it's causing is really bizzarre...

American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!   Today at 5:08 pm

Back to top Go down

Wooo Hooo!!!! Went and picked up the new toy tonight!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2