BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 105 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:02 am
Latest topics
» 94 caprice low miles
Yesterday at 9:22 am by CrashMaster

» I have a 94 caprice classic 68k LOW MILES
Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:43 am by Ilovealex5.16

» 95 9c1 Maine state police car
Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:00 am by MASShole9C1

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:37 pm by 95brmw

» 96 9C1
Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:30 pm by Cadet57

» 94 RMS 60k miles and 94 FWB with 76k for sale
Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:03 pm by CrashMaster

» Harness wanted
Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:43 pm by No Moa

» WANTED DR side Exhaust manifold
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:32 pm by Tomz9C1

» 9c1/SS rear disc brakes
Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:06 pm by MalibuSSwagon

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Roadmaster Climate Control Unit into a Caprice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4479
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Roadmaster Climate Control Unit into a Caprice?   Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Now that all the mechanical stuff is out of the way. It's time for the fun to begin modding the wagon. Anyone know if the digital climate control unit thats in the Roadmaster/ Fleetwood can be swapped into my caprice? My '92 RMW had it but I'm assuming the wiring harness for the dash is different?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
avatar

Posts : 6871
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Climate Control Unit into a Caprice?   Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Now that all the mechanical stuff is out of the way. It's time for the fun to begin modding the wagon. Anyone know if the digital climate control unit thats in the Roadmaster/ Fleetwood can be swapped into my caprice? My '92 RMW had it but I'm assuming the wiring harness for the dash is different?

It can. And you need EVERYTHING from the donor car. All wiring, sensors, airbox, ecm, etc... It's quite involved...

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4479
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Climate Control Unit into a Caprice?   Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:00 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Now that all the mechanical stuff is out of the way. It's time for the fun to begin modding the wagon. Anyone know if the digital climate control unit thats in the Roadmaster/ Fleetwood can be swapped into my caprice? My '92 RMW had it but I'm assuming the wiring harness for the dash is different?

It can. And you need EVERYTHING from the donor car. All wiring, sensors, airbox, ecm, etc... It's quite involved...

Dam... Maybe I'll scavenge that 92 RMS at the pick apart and pull the whole dash.... How about the 94+ Caprice unit with the knobs, is that easier? Cuz frankly those sliders in my car suck out loud.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
avatar

Posts : 6871
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Climate Control Unit into a Caprice?   Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:38 pm

No idea. But aren't those like a single DIN size and yours are like DIN and a half?

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Cadet57

avatar

Posts : 4479
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Climate Control Unit into a Caprice?   Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:45 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
No idea. But aren't those like a single DIN size and yours are like DIN and a half?

Yeah. But I have a half din filler from an old cd player in the garage, at least it was there last summer....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Climate Control Unit into a Caprice?   

Back to top Go down
 
Roadmaster Climate Control Unit into a Caprice?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Roadmaster Climate Control Unit into a Caprice?
» Roadmaster climate control/ HVAC problems
» Fleetwood Brougham's climate controls SUCK!
» Need blower motor and a HVAC Control Unit for 95 RMW
» What's the best factory radio to install in the Roadmaster?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: 91-96 B & D-body tech :: Modifications / Performance-
Jump to: