BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Yesterday at 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cadet57



Posts : 4476
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI   Mon May 31, 2010 3:56 pm

I know 96Brougham had a thread on this for his LT1, but does anyone know if pulling the stuff like the airpump and the related emissions stuff is possible in the TBI motor? I want to do that to help clean up the engine a bit and make it one less thing to do when I do the rebuild.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mean ss



Posts : 648
Join date : 2009-02-25
Age : 58
Location : Nashua NH.

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI   Mon May 31, 2010 5:37 pm

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/tbi/227281-new-tbi-check-out.html
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4476
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI   Mon May 31, 2010 5:55 pm

Perfect. Just what I was looking for. AN excellent TBI reference all around too. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
laidlow91



Posts : 552
Join date : 2009-01-23
Age : 38
Location : New Boston, NH

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI   Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:11 pm

removed my air pump years ago.
i was even lucky enough to get all the air pipes out of the pass. side manifold.
used brass plugs from the hardware store to plug the holes.
no problems as of yet.

you need a shorter belt and it gets routed a little differently.
i can get you the belt size and some pics of the belt routing when your ready to do it.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4476
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI   Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:16 pm

laidlow91 wrote:
removed my air pump years ago.
i was even lucky enough to get all the air pipes out of the pass. side manifold.
used brass plugs from the hardware store to plug the holes.
no problems as of yet.

you need a shorter belt and it gets routed a little differently.
i can get you the belt size and some pics of the belt routing when your ready to do it.

That would be great. Are you sure its a shorter belt? thirdgen.org says longer... but they could be wrong too I suppose. Also, what sort of plugs should I use?
Back to top Go down
laidlow91



Posts : 552
Join date : 2009-01-23
Age : 38
Location : New Boston, NH

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI   Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

That would be great. Are you sure its a shorter belt? thirdgen.org says longer... but they could be wrong too I suppose. Also, what sort of plugs should I use?
could be longer, its been awhile. i know its different length than stock.
if you can get the air pipes out.....be very careful here because they could break.
and i dont mean the tubes. the flare nuts could be seized in the manifold.
i think i used 1/4" threaded pipe plugs.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4476
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI   Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:28 pm

laidlow91 wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

That would be great. Are you sure its a shorter belt? thirdgen.org says longer... but they could be wrong too I suppose. Also, what sort of plugs should I use?
could be longer, its been awhile. i know its different length than stock.
if you can get the air pipes out.....be very careful here because they could break.
and i dont mean the tubes. the flare nuts could be seized in the manifold.
i think i used 1/4" threaded pipe plugs.

Yeah. I think i'll save this for when I do my teardown this winter.
Back to top Go down
laidlow91



Posts : 552
Join date : 2009-01-23
Age : 38
Location : New Boston, NH

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI   Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

Yeah. I think i'll save this for when I do my teardown this winter.
if you wait til winter you can have my pass. side manifold
with plugs already installed.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57



Posts : 4476
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 29
Location : Chicopee, MA

PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI   Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:33 pm

laidlow91 wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Yeah. I think i'll save this for when I do my teardown this winter.
if you wait til winter you can have my pass. side manifold
with plugs already installed.

Totally. I was planning on making the rebuild my winter project, so that works fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI   Today at 7:24 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Removing Emissions Junk from the TBI
» Junk Warrior
» Jacks Junk yard
» Hollands Junk Yard finds
» Badass Club Junk yard Day

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: 91-96 B & D-body tech :: Modifications / Performance-
Jump to: