BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Roadmaster int. lights stuck on?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? Empty
PostSubject: Roadmaster int. lights stuck on?   Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:37 pm

Just had to help my brother with his car-

The prev. owner installed a system in the car and grounded the amp to where there is a ground wire from the factory (I think) in the trunk on the driver's side near the hinge. Well this connection was ultra-ghetto, it kept falling off and the wire was all mashed around a machine screw to hold it on. I got a bolt, nut, lock washer and crimped an eye on the end of the wire to keep it on for now, seems fine.

Anyway, the main problem is BOTH wires fell off when he was driving back from Lowes. Oddly enough I was in the car when this happened- it began to run sluggish, power locks acted up, lights were dim, the turn signals wouldn't flash, when the brakes or turn signals were put on the car would almost stall, etc.

Got the car home thank god, there was a VERY slight burning smell someplace from the car, I disconnected the battery right away and I fixed the ground correctly, let it sit for a bit, now the car runs and drives fine and most things work too, BUT the interior lights won't shut off!

There is a fuse for the interior light dimmer, it didn't look blown but I don't have my multi-meter to test it. I pulled the power lock/inter. light fuse, which was also good, just so the battery won't die.

Any ideas, maybe some wire got burned? I'm bad with this stuff but maybe there's some telltale sign of what the car is doing to what might have gone bad? I'll have a better idea when I can check all the fuses with the DM but figured I'd ask you guys... geek
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster int. lights stuck on?   Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 12:05 am

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=242604&highlight=interior+lights

Just saw that...sounds plausible
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster int. lights stuck on?   Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:27 pm

When mine had that issue I went in this order:

door jam switch
dimmer switch
timer box

In my case it ended up coming back to the door jam switch not being fully tightened which led to it not fully depressing.
Back to top Go down
RoadmonstahRed94

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster int. lights stuck on?   Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Hey guys Matt and I messed around with the car tonight, he pulled out some green box thing under the dash by the brake pedal, and the white twilight sentinel box that's behind the pass side kick panel, and the dome lights STILL stay on...lol

Any ideas? I guess it could be either the headlight switch or the door jam switches? The reason I'm worried is because this all happened when a ground wire fell off inside my truck and the whole car went haywire...I hope nothings shorted out
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster int. lights stuck on?   Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Well, I'd start by pulling the door jamb switches one by one now, see if it goes out. Hopefully a wire didn't burn out somewhere along the way...
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster int. lights stuck on?   Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:40 pm

I'll try to help him out with that next. Like he said, I took out the green box up under the dash, opened it up, didn't see any bad contacts inside...put the fuse back in, same problem. Left it out and did the same with the white T.S. control box behind the kick panel, and they were still on. The headlight switch has that copper tang inside that's visible with the fuse box door off, and that loses contact with the other metal piece when you "shut off the dome lights" as well, so I don't think that's the issue, maybe something IN the switch can crap out?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster int. lights stuck on?   Roadmaster int. lights stuck on? Empty

Back to top Go down

Roadmaster int. lights stuck on?
Page 1 of 1